The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

You have to admit WaW was awesome in unique ways

#1XxOblivion77Posted 10/2/2012 11:34:32 AM
-gritty ww2 feel
-way more variety in menu and spawn music (plus it was awesome)
-bolt actinos
-no traditional ARs (except STG44) gave a completely different feel
-more semi-auto weapon usage
-trench gun was so cooooool
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
"MW3 is a really stupid game. Not all jugernauts are alike? Strike packages? Get the F*** out of here." - BattleAxeRX
#2radax1Posted 10/2/2012 11:39:15 AM
Dont forget how easy it is to pwn then entire enemy team at range, because they are all running mp40s :]
---
Daggers and wingboots, mantras and monsters await you.
If you know where that's from Your probably OG[original gamer]
#3BgSoAPosted 10/2/2012 11:40:36 AM
SMG domination was simply annoying though. The damn things just tore everyone apart and were useful at all ranges... A pity really. I loved my rifles.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#4Gannondwarf432Posted 10/2/2012 11:43:27 AM
You forgot 2 things:
1. WAR!
2.The announcers. My god, I miss the W@W announcers "OUR HOUNZ VILL TEAR ZEM TO SHVEDZ"
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6
#5B0vrilPosted 10/2/2012 11:53:13 AM
I remember at one point I got real good with the noisiant mogiot rifle.
#6Gannondwarf432Posted 10/2/2012 12:13:42 PM
B0vril posted...
I remember at one point I got real good with the Mosin Nagant rifle.

Man, I LOVED all of the rifles, bolt action and semi! I miss running around with a SVT and kicking MP40 users asses.
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6
#7RizzonaterPosted 10/2/2012 12:21:09 PM
Gannondwarf432 posted...
You forgot 2 things:
1. WAR!
2.The announcers. My god, I miss the W@W announcers "OUR HOUNZ VILL TEAR ZEM TO SHVEDZ"

QFT

Kiefer did a great job in that game
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#8Moose_Of_WoePosted 10/2/2012 12:37:06 PM(edited)
I like the fact that WaW at least attempted to put vehicles in combat. Even if they weren't the most balanced things in the world and not on all maps.

Also the maps that had vehicles tended to have a more open feel. This was for obvious reasons, since the vehicles needed space to MOVE after all. With the more open maps it felt like you weren't subject to taking one of three predictable routes.

Most COD maps feel like you basically only have three options. Left, right, or straight. Since you can't destroy the environment, it really pigeon holes your movement options. Some of the WaW maps lacked that feeling.
#9Ollie The Magic BumPosted 10/2/2012 12:36:41 PM
As strange as it sounds, I'd like them to go back to a WW2 game soon-ish. The market used to be flooded with WW2 shooters, now the modern ones are all over the place.

We're fickle.
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn
#10Frosty00004Posted 10/2/2012 1:30:41 PM
WaW was probably my favorite COD game of the series, but i am admittedly a WW2 buff and loved the old weapons and maps