The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I feel like the Perk 2 teir is kind of... empty...

#1MegaTape13Posted 10/3/2012 9:40:01 PM
Anyone else feel the same way? None of them really stand out to me. Scavenger and Cold Blooded are the most appealing imo, but unless weapons come with very little ammo or people whore out sensing equipment like crazy, they don't seem worth it to me.

I'm imagining that I'll usually not even select a perk from that tier, whereas I wish I could use several of the perks from both tier 1 and 3.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#2BTzzPosted 10/3/2012 9:55:59 PM
why u no borderlands
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#3Faust_8Posted 10/3/2012 10:01:46 PM(edited)
Scavenger--good enough to be Tier 1 in the first game

Cold-Blooded--for when you meet people with the Target Finder, MMS, and so on

Toughness--Really? This doesn't stand out? Reduced flinch is awesome. Did you never get Hardened Pro in BO?

Fast Hands--has real potential on classes that also have Scavenger. Abuse those grenades!

Hard Wired--this is the only one that doesn't seem all that useful.

...Actually I kinda see where you're coming from now. Honestly it seems like the vast majority of the time I'll have either Scavenger, Toughness, or none at all, when I really thought about what kind of classes I'd make.

When coming into this topic I had thought Fast Hands let you switch weapons faster but it doesn't, and since Scavenger is in the same Tier it's expensive to use both together...and without Scav what's the point of faster grenade throwing if you have a limited amount and try to conserve them? If FH let you switch weapons faster it would be great for Assault Shield classes or any class using the Overkill Wildcard, and so on.

So besides Scav and Toughness the rest seem kinda situational, whereas the ones in Tier 1 and 3 really make the class.

I do however love how you can easily have Lightweight/Flak Jacket/Ghost and Scavenger together. AND more than one attachment as well. For example, a SMG with suppressor and something else, Ghost, and Scavenger. Awesome.
---
halo07guy: Did you really just say that the sun orbits the Earth?
FlashOfLight: You'd be surprised what you kids have been lied about for hundreds of years.
#4Gray_wolf1119Posted 10/3/2012 10:03:07 PM
Faust_8 posted...

When coming into this topic I had thought Fast Hands let you switch weapons faster but it doesn't, and since Scavenger is in the same Tier it's expensive to use both together...and without Scav what's the point of faster grenade throwing if you have a limited amount and try to conserve them? If FH let you switch weapons faster it would be great for Assault Shield classes or any class using the Overkill Wildcard, and so on.

Huh? It doesnt? That to me was one of the main selling points on it.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#5Faust_8Posted 10/3/2012 10:14:05 PM
Oh wait, my bad, I think it can. The website I used appears to be out of date. Other websites do say it does that.

Ok, that's a bit better. Now at least it looks like Scavenger, Toughness, and Fast Hands have uses that aren't situational. Cold-Blooded is rather situational and Hard Wired is as well (it's only use is in Counter-UAV heavy lobbies I would guess).

But at least 3 out of 5 isn't too bad.

Sorry about that guys. :/ (And get your **** together charlieintel.com)
---
FlashOfLight: You'd be surprised what you kids have been lied about for hundreds of years.
#6MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:20:40 PM
Hardened Pro was a nice combo perk because both effects were useful. It worked wonders against players with a cover advantage. Just reducing flinch isn't good enough to be a full perk imo, unless Toughness removes it completely. Even with Hardened Pro in BO, 20% flinch was still enough to ruin a shot at mid-long range.

Scavenger is only particularly appealing to me for the grenade resupply, since there are some interest tacticals and powerful leathals that are too costly to carry multiples. Ammo was generally not an issue for me in BO unless I was really set on sticking with a 20-round SMG all game. I don't mind using secondaries and picking up weapons.

I feel like I'll only ever use Cold Blooded and Hardwired as fallback perks if the other team is rolling over us or really whoring out sensing equipment. Fast Hands I can't really place yet.

BTzz posted...
why u no borderlands

Because I'm supposed to be studying for a geology midterm and if I get on Borderlands I'll probably be up until 2:00am playing it.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#7BTzzPosted 10/3/2012 10:29:21 PM
you say that like I'm not supposed to be doing accounting hw right now

come ooooooon we're so close to level fiftyyyyyyyyy
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#8Faust_8Posted 10/3/2012 10:32:23 PM
Still though...Flak Jacket, Toughness, Tactical Mask. The tank set. Use a FMJ and it's just like BO1.

I'm definitely using one of the LMGs like that. FMJ isn't a sure thing but those Perks are.

Once you're already ADS, having Toughness is a big advantage in a firefight. Also, now you can aim fast AND flinch less, with the Quickdraw attachment and Toughness together. That's pretty damn powerful.

And like I said, if you're using Overkill, Fast Hands is very appealing. Or if you're using the Shield. And I do want to try a class abusing my lethals/tacticals with both Scavenger and Fast Hands together.
---
#9Aether_LyricPosted 10/3/2012 11:34:49 PM
Scavenger is probably the best it's ever been in this game. There's no other means of increasing anymore (Dual Mags in BO, Ext Mags in MW3) and replenishing claymores again is obviously really useful.

Toughness will be incredible, I'll be using it on almost every class. I never looked back after unlocking Hardened Pro in Blops, the amount of gun fights it helps you win is amazing.

Fast Hands will be really good for shotguns, snipers and Scavenger+stun/flash classes. Cold Blooded and Hard Wired I don't think I'll ever use, except for Cold Blooded for SnD and anti-air.
#10Arcanine2009Posted 10/3/2012 11:37:06 PM(edited)
Hard wired is the only one that doesn't stand out much, because it's too situational. Dedicating a perk to counter UAVs is just stupid. And EMPs will be once in a blue moon, especially since its harder to earn kill streaks(or "score streaks) now.

I really wish toughness had extra bullet penetration as well.. oh well.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.