I feel like the Perk 2 teir is kind of... empty...

#11ZeroShot101Posted 10/4/2012 1:02:49 AM
BTzz posted...
you say that like I'm not supposed to be doing accounting hw right now

come ooooooon we're so close to level fiftyyyyyyyyy

Ive been Level 50 in borderlands 2 for a week now in fact ive got 2 characters at that lvl and im in college and work
#12Silver17Posted 10/4/2012 5:09:05 AM(edited)
IMO There's gonna be a lot of people using Cold-Blooded.

That could easily be the most complained about perk since "Enemy player-controlled air support Scorestreak rewards" also can't target you normally.

Scavenger has many uses too, especially if you are in a room with users running tricked out weapons...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#13Silver17Posted 10/4/2012 5:07:35 AM

Hard Wired--this is the only one that doesn't seem all that useful.

If you are gonna run the VSAT killstreak, then IMO you should be using Hard Wired. There was plenty of CUAVs in BO, both manually and from Care Packages...
---
#14Faust_8Posted 10/4/2012 5:27:53 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Scavenger is probably the best it's ever been in this game. There's no other means of increasing anymore (Dual Mags in BO, Ext Mags in MW3) and replenishing claymores again is obviously really useful.

Toughness will be incredible, I'll be using it on almost every class. I never looked back after unlocking Hardened Pro in Blops, the amount of gun fights it helps you win is amazing.

Fast Hands will be really good for shotguns, snipers and Scavenger+stun/flash classes. Cold Blooded and Hard Wired I don't think I'll ever use, except for Cold Blooded for SnD and anti-air.

Where does it say it's going to replenish claymores? All the descriptions say "grenades."

If it did replenish claymores I'd be fricking angry. Do you know how many times I saw people do nothing but plant 2 claymores and camp with them, replenishing them all day in MW2? It was sickening. When I had SitRep on Favela I'd literally see 4+ claymores in the middle of the map sometimes. Sometimes in the same building.

Campers should not be able to replenish their little guardian angel to do all the work for them. I don't care how many Perks counter it, it's a skill-less strategy.

*Just re-read the description for Scavenger*

Actually even if it DOES replenish claymores (which again, it doesn't say, it says ammo and grenades only) it also says you can't replenish from people who died to explosives, so even if you do plant your two claymores, you can't get them back unless you get kills with your gun anyway.
---
halo07guy: Did you really just say that the sun orbits the Earth?
FlashOfLight: You'd be surprised what you kids have been lied about for hundreds of years.
#15MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 11:30:47 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
There's no other means of increasing anymore (Dual Mags in BO, Ext Mags in MW3).

Is that true? I always thought that aspect of Dual Mags and ExMags was kind of too good and really undermined Scavenger, but I don't think Scav will have that kind of problem in BO2 if it can replenish lethals and tacticals (and of course because, as noted in the OP, I don't think there's really anything better in Tier 2).

But if Fast Mags doesn't grant extra ammo, what's the point of that attachment in light of ExMags? Especially if it happens to only work every other reload?

Silver17 posted...
If you are gonna run the VSAT killstreak, then IMO you should be using Hard Wired. There was plenty of CUAVs in BO, both manually and from Care Packages...

I'm not happy about that potential, especially considering UAV, CUAV, and VSAT will all give you points toward future streaks, even if you die after calling them in.

A half decent team chaining VSATs and keeping Hardwired classes as backup seems like it'd be a nightmare for the other team, since you couldn't really shut them down with CUAVs anymore, and Decoys and Jammers are gone (as far as I know). It'll be way harder to cope with on the losing end.

Though I guess there is at least the saving grace of it being far harder to maintain in objective modes than Blackbird chaining.

ZeroShot101 posted...
BTzz posted...
you say that like I'm not supposed to be doing accounting hw right now

come ooooooon we're so close to level fiftyyyyyyyyy

Ive been Level 50 in borderlands 2 for a week now in fact ive got 2 characters at that lvl and im in college and work

We each have a character that we only use together, and the two of us are on fairly different schedules for work/school and because of time zone differences.

And yet that is still my highest level character. If I'm going to play something solo I usually opt for Black Ops, since Borderlands loses most of its enjoyment without a party, imo.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#16FuSoYaRocksPosted 10/4/2012 11:34:45 AM
M60 + Hardened Pro in Blops 1 is pretty deadly
---
"IT FEELS LIKE GETTING A TETRIS WITH YOUR ***** OLOL."-----SubTank, and his analysis of what sex feels like
#17Silver17Posted 10/4/2012 4:00:11 PM

I'm not happy about that potential, especially considering UAV, CUAV, and VSAT will all give you points toward future streaks, even if you die after calling them in.

A half decent team chaining VSATs and keeping Hardwired classes as backup seems like it'd be a nightmare for the other team, since you couldn't really shut them down with CUAVs anymore, and Decoys and Jammers are gone (as far as I know). It'll be way harder to cope with on the losing end.

Though I guess there is at least the saving grace of it being far harder to maintain in objective modes than Blackbird chaining.

^ Yeah I see where you are coming from with that, but I guess my point is that Tier 2 isn't going to be as "empty" as you might think...
---
#18Faust_8Posted 10/4/2012 4:55:43 PM
From what I've seen, Fast Mags is literally Sleight of Hand. It's not Dual Mags, your character literally reloads differently in a faster manner.

So every reload is faster, not only the odd-numbered ones. Thus it's a worthy attachment despite no extra ammo (which wouldn't make sense because it's not magazines taped together, it's reloading in a more "pro" way.)

I also like how it's actually a completely different reload animation than normal, instead of just the normal reload sped up. More realistic, looks cooler.

Plus, Scavenger isn't in the same tier as Ghost, Flak Jacket, and the rest anymore. So there's always that. If you don't like Toughness or Fast Hands, why not just use Scavenger a lot? Then you can use ExMags all day.

I could be wrong about Fast Mags though, so anyone feel free to correct me with a video or something.
---
FlashOfLight: You'd be surprised what you kids have been lied about for hundreds of years.
#19Silver17Posted 10/4/2012 7:08:15 PM
From what I've seen, Fast Mags is literally Sleight of Hand. It's not Dual Mags, your character literally reloads differently in a faster manner.

So every reload is faster, not only the odd-numbered ones. Thus it's a worthy attachment despite no extra ammo (which wouldn't make sense because it's not magazines taped together, it's reloading in a more "pro" way.)

Fast Mags - Decreases the time it takes for you to reload your weapon. "Every other reload is faster than normal", since 2 magazines are taped together...

http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/weapons-list/attachments/
---
#20Faust_8Posted 10/4/2012 8:57:00 PM
In videos though, I'd swear that every reload looked faster than what a normal one would be. I trust videos more than text, especially since I already showed how one website had it wrong about something (or at least hadn't updated).
---