I really wish they kept overkill in perk 2 slot.

#1Arcanine2009Posted 10/4/2012 12:00:51 AM(edited)
Instead of having to waste an extra point via wild card on it.

Before some people actually might being crying about this being imbalanced; it's not. FFor one, I'm not asking that there shouldn't be a penalty for not having a secondary primary for a custom loadout at all. There is. Was overkill ever imbalanced in previous games when you had the other perks in the same category? No it wasn't.

Most people are going to use 1-2 attachments on their primary gun, at minimum. That would be 2-3 points right there. And the 2nd primary gun will be needing 1-2 attachments to be decent. Hell, you might even have to take the 2nd primary gunfighter just to use two attachments, so you can be spending anywhere between 5-8 points for that.

If it was in perk 2 slot like previous games, you're sacrificing not using useful perks like cold blooded, scavenger, fast hands, and toughness instead. That's a pretty big deal. But having one of those useful perks, plus a secondary that almost everyone honestly doesn't even needs to use 2 attachments on, plus you'll be able to use coldblooded, scavenger, fast hands, or toughness, is pretty good.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#2Aether_LyricPosted 10/4/2012 12:52:00 AM
Wait, how is it being in a perk slot any different to it being a wild card? Either way it costs you 1 point doesn't it?
#3Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:14:16 AM(edited)
Wildcard Overkill set
SVU-AS w/ dual band and ballistics CPU +3
R870 w/ laser and long barrel (w/ wild card) +4
Ghost +1
Coldblooded or Fast Hands+1
Dead Silence +1
10 points

vs

if overkill was perk 2
R870 w/ laser and long barrel +3
Ghost +1
Overkill + 1
Dead Silence +1
9 points, with one point left. Can spend on lethal or tactical.

I'm sure about having both those guns (or another secondary primary with 2 attachments) in both scenarios..Is one more advantageous than the other? Hmm

I wonder if its even possible to have 3 attachments on a secondary slot, with wildcard overkill.
---
#4h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 10/4/2012 1:15:25 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...
Wildcard Overkill set
Ghost +1
Dead Silence +1
10 points

vs

if overkill was perk 2
Ghost +1
Overkill + 1
Dead Silence +1

I'm sure about having both those guns (or another secondary primary with 2 attachments) in both scenarios..Is one more advantageous than the other? Hmm

Take out Cold Blooded or Fast Hands from the first one, and you still have a point left to spend on a lethal or tactical. That was a stupid comparison.
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#5Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:27:01 AM
I'd be more likely to take out dead silence, since having a 2nd primary benefits more from fast hands. But yeah, I guess it is the same. ._.
---
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#6AlexanaxelaPosted 10/4/2012 8:20:40 AM
I wonder if its even possible to have 3 attachments on a secondary slot, with wildcard overkill.

what would be the point? 3 attachments cost a total of 5 points. Just put the 3 attachments on the first primary
---
It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
#7patgd04Posted 10/4/2012 9:02:34 AM
h3IIfir3pho3nix posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
Wildcard Overkill set
Ghost +1
Dead Silence +1
10 points

vs

if overkill was perk 2
Ghost +1
Overkill + 1
Dead Silence +1

Take out Cold Blooded or Fast Hands from the first one, and you still have a point left to spend on a lethal or tactical. That was a stupid comparison.

^this you said you wanted it as a secondary perks so use it as one -_-
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5CoXeZ-M4 lol goku
GT patgd2008
#8dave34Posted 10/4/2012 9:11:05 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...

If anything having it as a wildcard saves you a point because if you did really want cold blooded/fast hands you'd also need perk 2 greed. Costing 11 points total.
---
LOLskins - 2-2
At least the games are fun to watch.
#9indg_nt_judgmntPosted 10/4/2012 9:19:27 AM
IMO its better it its a wildcard since it frees a perk spot and you have a better advantage if its a wild card cause youre able to equip 3 perks + Overkill. Overkill as a perk was pretty much useless in MW3 since you could already use SMGs (aka machine pistols) as secondaries, but i dont know how it was in other games since ive not played them.
---
PSN: FomortiisDAP
Official Demiurge of the SMT IV Board.
#10Silver17Posted 10/4/2012 9:29:36 AM
IMO its better it its a wildcard since it frees a perk spot and you have a better advantage if its a wild card cause youre able to equip 3 perks + Overkill. Overkill as a perk was pretty much useless in MW3 since you could already use SMGs (aka machine pistols) as secondaries, but i dont know how it was in other games since ive not played them.

They still could have thrown Overkill in as a tier 2 perk, since tier 3 already has an extra perk over the other 2 tiers.

Either way Overkill doesn't matter that much to me anyway (in this game), since I rather put points on 1 really good gun instead of having 2 average guns...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)