Really looking forward to this and here's why

#1j0hnni3Posted 10/4/2012 7:46:18 AM
For all you gamers out there that have a K/D ratio of +2 +3 +4 (and higher!) there must be someone else who is the inverse of this.
That person is me.

I'm rubbish at COD.

But I always thought that I should be better but couldn't explain why I was not.
I've played games for a long time. My first console was an Atari 2600 (Centipede anyone?), so I know my way around games.

I've owned COD4, MW, MW2 and BLOPS. I sold BLOPS on Ebay after one month of playing it. I'd had enough of getting spanked.

A few months ago I had a friend stay over. He noticed that my internet connection was terrible (actual was 3MB down 0.25MB up). I thought I had a 10MB line (Sky Broadband).
No wonder I kept getting disconnected from Xbox Live and dropping games.

I've since moved house and now have a shiny new fibre optic 60MB line (confirmed).

I can't wait to pick up a gold membership and try COD again.

Bet I'm still rubbish.
---
"If one could only teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized. - Oscar Wilde"
GT = U1bh Fhaile
#2nic1357Posted 10/4/2012 8:20:49 AM
im not very good either but at least it seems you can get scorestreaks now by other means than just getting kills. My highest killstreak in black ops 1 was the mortar team and i only got that about 20 times lol
#3Ice WeaselPosted 10/4/2012 8:45:48 AM
Trust me, the LARGE majority of COD gamers have KDRs of around or less than 1.00. I kept track of this in the last two COD games by logging the ratio of everyone in the lobby. Now granted you did have the occasional obscene ratios of 5.00 or so, but most were quite low - around the 0.80 or so range with plenty in the 0.40-0.70 range as well.

It's just that on Gamefaqs everyone has a KDR of at least 2.50-3.00. And before Elite there was actually no way to look up someone's stats so everyone lied. Plus most people didn't even sign up for the free version of Elite so you still can't tell anyway.

If you compared me to most people on here, (KDR hovers between 1.86-1.92 on two separate accounts), I'm absolutely worthless at these games. But I know I am generally top 2 or 3 almost every match.

It's all kind of moot anyway as KDR isn't all that important. People can easily pad their stats by kill farming in objective modes. Plus playing in a group does wonders for your stats as opposed to running solo.
#4Solstice_Posted 10/4/2012 10:22:35 AM
You may find that with a better connection you will fare a bit better at the multiplayer game. A slower connection means your enemies will have the upper hand in combat....therefore a higher connection speed should have you faring better in the kills department. :)

Good luck & have fun
---
No, no the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Tekken/Skyrim/Civ V/Record of Agarest War/Deus Ex - Recently Sold - 8 for $40
#5Ice WeaselPosted 10/4/2012 11:08:25 AM
Solstice_ posted...
You may find that with a better connection you will fare a bit better at the multiplayer game. A slower connection means your enemies will have the upper hand in combat....therefore a higher connection speed should have you faring better in the kills department. :)

Good luck & have fun

Not in MW 3. In that game a slower connection was a big advantage. People with fast Internet were regularly screwed over.
#6Solstice_Posted 10/4/2012 2:48:37 PM
Ice Weasel posted...
Solstice_ posted...

Good luck & have fun

Not in MW 3. In that game a slower connection was a big advantage. People with fast Internet were regularly screwed over.

Hahaha!! Maybe that's the reason i sold that trash for $5.00 American :D
---
No, no the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Tekken Tag 2/Black Ops/Skyrim
#7Halo_ForeverPosted 10/5/2012 12:18:19 AM
Ice Weasel posted...

And before Elite there was actually no way to look up someone's stats so everyone lied. Plus most people didn't even sign up for the free version of Elite so you still can't tell anyway.

Black Ops Combat Record, couldn't you just send a friend req then check up their stats?

If you compared me to most people on here, (KDR hovers between 1.86-1.92 on two separate accounts), I'm absolutely worthless at these games. But I know I am generally top 2 or 3 almost every match.

Hell, even my 1.5 is usually enough to be in the top 3 of the match, despite my crappy connection and glutton for punishment weapon choices (for BO I used most guns).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#8belieberPosted 10/5/2012 2:36:44 AM
lets not blame the connection... i get 5 up/.8 down on a good day and i do alright
#9WM_PMCPosted 10/5/2012 4:56:00 AM
belieber posted...
lets not blame the connection... i get 5 up/.8 down on a good day and i do alright

Connection plays a HUGE role in CoD. I currently have a connection of roughly 0.75 down and 0.5 up. That might even be a little high. I probably have like a 1.2 k/d on that connection. There are a lot of games where the lag is so bad I'm happy going even. However when I had better internet which was something like 15 down and 7 up, I had a k/d around 1.9. That's a huge difference and the only thing that changed was the internet connection.
---
PSN: WingNut125
http://w11.zetaboards.com/KillinginProgress/site/
#10billnye69Posted 10/5/2012 5:05:42 AM
People who think they are good are only good for two main reason, they only use the best weapons, perks or they spam UAV. A lot of people need to admit that without UAV or the games "Best Gun" they are terrible.

If you wanna see if a player is good, you need to see how many perk, weapons challenges he has completed all the way to Lv5. This will tell you if he is a diverse player in the stuff that he uses.

To me, a 1.6k/d with 20-30 perk/weapon challenges completed is a better player then a 2.5 with only 4-5 perk/weapon challenges completed.

I already know that a lot of "good" players are gonna drop in Blops2 because a lot of the crutches are going to be leaving. Not all but a good amount.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.