I woke up from my nap today and for some reason had an idea for a new game mode!

#11T_r_a_m_PPosted 10/5/2012 1:22:25 PM
Baseballtitan posted...
T_r_a_m_P posted...
If you make the first kill, would you have to move on and wait for the next person? also by that logic, the game can only be won by one kill

No, you could win by however many. Same way FFA is. Just with designated areas that determine how many points you get.

Get ye now, was finkin on a linear scale
---
Gamertag: BuSteD TramP
Ewgh thats gotta hurt!
#12supermoc10Posted 10/5/2012 11:19:41 PM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
Sounds fine to me

---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#13Irishluck18Posted 10/5/2012 11:24:57 PM
could just make it have a radar constantly up or if you're in a sector for a certain amount of time have you show up on the radar.

the longer you stay the more advanced the radar gets
---
When the F*** did we get ice cream
#14AristophPosted 10/6/2012 8:49:19 AM
Really, the only problem with it is that it is unreliable to a player. I think an even better idea would be a more King of the Hill/Hardpoint style gamemode where you have the sectors light up and become hot zones and you can only win by getting kills in those areas. You can get extra kills and bonus exp from getting kills from outside the sector, but you cannot win otherwise.

This actually sounds like a lot of fun. I would play the s*** out of that.

TC's version wouldn't work very well simply because your ability to win is reliant upon your enemies coming to the sector you need. So if they just decide to stay on the other side of the map, you can never win and there's nothing you can do about it.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#15Baseballtitan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:41:42 PM
Aristoph posted...
Really, the only problem with it is that it is unreliable to a player. I think an even better idea would be a more King of the Hill/Hardpoint style gamemode where you have the sectors light up and become hot zones and you can only win by getting kills in those areas. You can get extra kills and bonus exp from getting kills from outside the sector, but you cannot win otherwise.

This actually sounds like a lot of fun. I would play the s*** out of that.

TC's version wouldn't work very well simply because your ability to win is reliant upon your enemies coming to the sector you need. So if they just decide to stay on the other side of the map, you can never win and there's nothing you can do about it.

But if you're winning then it doesn't matter, you can still run around and kill farm.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#16Foxx3kPosted 10/6/2012 3:52:45 PM
breadisgood posted...
Solarity posted...
Seems like people would be encouraged to camp because they have to stay in a specific sector, especially towards the end of the game. Still, it's a unique sounding mode.

Did you read the whole post? I fail to see how it would encourage camping.

I think it's an interesting idea, but depending on how big the sectors are, and the order they appear in, it could result in a lot of explosives being used (everyone being forced into one area).

Because your kill will only count within a certain area.

So you are encouraged to move to your targeted area, set up camp, and wait.

How about for a twist:
Your kills are tallied in each zone.
In the end, the winner is who "dominated" (kill leader) the most zones.
Only ending condition for the game is time.

That way, you need to move, but you're not limited to where you move, or where your kills will matter. But, a person who camps in only one zone, will likely not win the match.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#17The_ShaderPosted 10/6/2012 4:20:38 PM
Foxx3k posted...
breadisgood posted...
Solarity posted...
Seems like people would be encouraged to camp because they have to stay in a specific sector, especially towards the end of the game. Still, it's a unique sounding mode.

Did you read the whole post? I fail to see how it would encourage camping.

I think it's an interesting idea, but depending on how big the sectors are, and the order they appear in, it could result in a lot of explosives being used (everyone being forced into one area).

Because your kill will only count within a certain area.

So you are encouraged to move to your targeted area, set up camp, and wait.

How about for a twist:
Your kills are tallied in each zone.
In the end, the winner is who "dominated" (kill leader) the most zones.
Only ending condition for the game is time.

That way, you need to move, but you're not limited to where you move, or where your kills will matter. But, a person who camps in only one zone, will likely not win the match.

NOW it sounds ok.
---
"Lower thine guard and thou'rt allowing the enemy in" - Frog
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman