I'll never understand why these yearly games are $65

#151420Gamer4LifePosted 10/8/2012 10:14:04 PM
420Gamer4Life posted...
Its to late for some of these COD zombies theyve been bitten and now will buy anything COD. You could put COD on a turd and these people would still buy it. Instead of saying to themselves we want you to make an effort to make a better game by not buying it every year they do the opposite instead.

Franchises like COD are ruining the gaming industry because other developers see the success of this no skilled game released every year and want to start implementing the same ideas. Its sad really that these fans are so blinded by there love for anything COD that they cant see that its pretty much the same games every year.

Activision is just milking there fanbase not caring about them at all by not just making a quality game that will last atleast a few years. Everyone who buys a COD game feels like they have to buy the newest version so thats exactly what most of them do. Also i hate the fact that these games cater to children by having the gameplay be so accessible to people who dont even play video games.

A large chunk of COD's fanbase are the kids that are in elementary, middle school and high school. COD has gotten a huge reputation based on its popularity more so than how the game plays. People who dont even play video games ask other people you picking up the new COD? I dont doubt and i know for a fact that some of you are going to defend this game however deep down inside you know what im saying is true.

In the end Activision just wants to keep pumping out these games and dont care about the quality of COD games. Why you ask? Because they know your going to buy there games every year regardless until you get sick of them. Activision is just taking advantage of the fact that COD is the best and most well known gaming franchise. A quality game should last a minimum of two years and as soon as they release a COD game there already planning on when they should release the next one.

I guarantee you at times there even saying the same thing among themselves like i cant believe they just keep buying these games every year laughing to themselves. Even game magazines are scared to give these game that are released EVERY YEAR poor reviews due to the backlash from the biggest fanbase of gamers and non gamers. I mean dont you guys ever think to yourselves why so i keep buying these games?

I know some of you are going to try and insult me however as i stated deep down inside you know what im saying is true. The only way you can force Activision to make quality COD games is to stop buying them every year and it will for them to say we need to have to step it up. The sad thing is i know this wont happen anytime soon because most of you are caught up in the COD craze.

All im saying is next time your consider buying a COD think to yourself the reasons why your really buying the game. Then think to yourself is it that much better than the last one i bought? You can go ahead and start bashing me now take care.

Just in case some of you missed it.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#152Staind HartPosted 10/9/2012 11:14:17 AM
TheGuy975 posted...
When you look past the new additions 3arc put into this game it's just another cod game that you'll pay for $65 then grow tired of it and then be "excited" for the next one. You can have just as much fun in this new cod as any of the older ones.

I won't argue about the cycle as this is what happens every year now, I will buy it, I will play it (for a substantial amount of time), and then when the next one gets released I'll purchase that as well.
I wouldn't say money isn't an issue for me, I have plenty of bills I need to pay, but the ratio of cost to hours of enjoyment definitely works in the series favor.

Is the code more or less the same every year? For the most part, yes. But does anyone really buy the latest CoD expecting it to jump forward in leaps and bounds? Of course not. The majority are happy with the collection of new maps, weapons, campaign etc.

I say this next phrase knowing full well you've torn it apart earlier in this topic (so there's no need to dissect it again) but, if it's not broke, don't fix it. Now obviously every game is going to have it's niggling issues that irritate and annoy, but in my experience of the series there's been nothing truly "game breaking". Yes, there's been bad spawns, OP weapons, lag and a number of other issues, but nothing severe enough to make me throw the game out in disgust. For the most part it's fine. (fine enough for me and a lot of other people, despite your personal feelings towards the series).

420Gamer4Life posted...
next time your consider buying a COD think to yourself the reasons why your really buying the game

There's a number of reasons I buy CoD every year, I live with my girlfriend, and 2 other guys (and we usually have a number of guests who also play). My girlfriend, who while I consider her a gamer (she'll play CoD, Red Dead, Assassin's Creed etc) she isn't able to just pick up any game. CoD, however, she took to fairly easily. Now I know there's people who see that as a big ol' black mark against the series, how they're making it easier to appeal to the lowest common denominator, but they're just trying to reach as wide an audience as possible (and yes, of course this will increase their profits). The bottom line is we enjoy playing the game with each other and as a household, because of how easy it is to get into, play a few games and kill a few hours.

Now do I consider the series to be a AAA title? No. In conversation I always equate it to fast food. I know there's better things out there (I play plenty of other games), but sometimes I just want to jump on and have a few matches for fun to kill some time before dinner or a tv show comes on.

To say that the series is "destroying the industry" is a bit of an exaggeration, there are still plenty of top quality games being released every year. The industry is evolving and becoming more mainstream though, which makes it difficult to compare the business practices of now to what they were 10 or 15 years ago. And I will agree that they care more about the $$$ than customer satisfaction, and obviously I don't think that that's a good thing. But at the end of the day, there's still a lot of happy customers who enjoy what they put out every year, myself being one of them.

If they released a game that was genuinely broken, that was just a horrible mess and didn't work then there would be a significant backlash shortly after release. Don't just write off all the series' fans as being morons who've never played a game before, because (while I admit some are) there's quite a few people who know a turd when they play one, and the series has yet to fall to that level. There's plenty of games out there that fall short of CoD by a wide margin.
---
If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid.
#153TheGuy975(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:06:15 PM
Staind Hart posted...
Is the code more or less the same every year? For the most part, yes. But does anyone really buy the latest CoD expecting it to jump forward in leaps and bounds? Of course not. The majority are happy with the collection of new maps, weapons, campaign etc.
I say this next phrase knowing full well you've torn it apart earlier in this topic (so there's no need to dissect it again) but, if it's not broke, don't fix it. Now obviously every game is going to have it's niggling issues that irritate and annoy, but in my experience of the series there's been nothing truly "game breaking". Yes, there's been bad spawns, OP weapons, lag and a number of other issues, but nothing severe enough to make me throw the game out in disgust. For the most part it's fine. (fine enough for me and a lot of other people, despite your personal feelings towards the series)
There's a number of reasons I buy CoD every year, I live with my girlfriend, and 2 other guys (and we usually have a number of guests who also play). My girlfriend, who while I consider her a gamer (she'll play CoD, Red Dead, Assassin's Creed etc) she isn't able to just pick up any game. CoD, however, she took to fairly easily. Now I know there's people who see that as a big ol' black mark against the series, how they're making it easier to appeal to the lowest common denominator, but they're just trying to reach as wide an audience as possible (and yes, of course this will increase their profits). The bottom line is we enjoy playing the game with each other and as a household, because of how easy it is to get into, play a few games and kill a few hours.
Now do I consider the series to be a AAA title? No. In conversation I always equate it to fast food. I know there's better things out there (I play plenty of other games), but sometimes I just want to jump on and have a few matches for fun to kill some time before dinner or a tv show comes on.
To say that the series is "destroying the industry" is a bit of an exaggeration, there are still plenty of top quality games being released every year. The industry is evolving and becoming more mainstream though, which makes it difficult to compare the business practices of now to what they were 10 or 15 years ago. And I will agree that they care more about the $$$ than customer satisfaction, and obviously I don't think that that's a good thing. But at the end of the day, there's still a lot of happy customers who enjoy what they put out every year, myself being one of them.
If they released a game that was genuinely broken, that was just a horrible mess and didn't work then there would be a significant backlash shortly after release. Don't just write off all the series' fans as being morons who've never played a game before, because (while I admit some are) there's quite a few people who know a turd when they play one, and the series has yet to fall to that level. There's plenty of games out there that fall short of CoD by a wide margin.

Cod is an aaa title you can't compare cod to original games like braid, fez, meat boy, etc. a real gamer doesn't just play the blockbuster games (sorry dude your girl isn't a gamer); you are right about cod being a $65 fast food game though. Cod killed resident evil and metal of honor so yea it is killing the industry right now.
---
Waiting for Halo 4, Wii U, Dubstep The Video Game
#154lhgbkjhgbhPosted 10/9/2012 4:32:55 PM
> Doesn't like yearly games
> "Waiting on Halo 4"

>6 Halo games (including halo 4) in the past 6 years.
> They all use the same outdated engine
> They all start out in the grassy mountains in the field, fighting grunts

>chode logic
#155TheGuy975(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:50:22 PM
lhgbkjhgbh posted...
> Doesn't like yearly games
> "Waiting on Halo 4"
>6 Halo games (including halo 4) in the past 6 years.
> They all use the same outdated engine
> They all start out in the grassy mountains in the field, fighting grunts
>chode logic

Halo isn't a yearly rehash that doesn't use the same engine.
Halo 1 you start in a ship
Halo 2 you start in a base in space (updated engine)
Halo 3 you start in a jungle (new engine for halo 3 and odst)
Halo odst you start in a city (same engine as halo 3)
Halo reach you start in a grassland (brand new engine)

Call of duty (same quake engine for almost 10 years)
You sir are the one with chode logic and you don't even know what chode is.
---
#156TheGuy975(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:58:47 PM
Real indie game developers think that cod sucks.

You may like the game but what's going to happen when this game gets the tony hawk/guitar hero treatment. Activision kept making those games until better games like rock band and skate came out then Activision decides they don't need those games anymore. People who spent years developing those games lost their job. Two big name people Vince Zampella and Grant Collier (call of duty 2, 4 and modern warfare 2) got fired by greedy company Activision. Yet ignorant people keep supporting this awful company. They make money and people who work their arse gets fired.
---
#157TheGuy975(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 6:35:48 PM
TheGuy975 posted...
Real indie game developers think that cod sucks.

You may like the game but what's going to happen when this game gets the tony hawk/guitar hero treatment. Activision kept making those games until better games like rock band and skate came out then Activision decides they don't need those games anymore. People who spent years developing those games lost their job. Two big name people Vince Zampella and Grant Collier (call of duty 2, 4 and modern warfare 2) got fired by greedy company Activision. Yet ignorant people keep supporting this awful company. They make money and people who work their arse gets fired.

Just in case you ignorant people missed this
---
#158darealest47Posted 10/9/2012 6:42:33 PM
I'm still going to buy this game...
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#159FeelMyBladePosted 10/9/2012 6:48:08 PM
darealest47 posted...
I'm still going to buy this game...

---