The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

When will CoD stop punishing good players?

#1DrBausPosted 10/7/2012 10:05:44 AM
All I see in this game is more ways to "level the playing field" AKA ruin the game for people who don't suck.
---
GT: drbaus || Pokemon White FC: 2021 9043 9909
Dat fish cray || NYK 2013 NBA Champions
#2reptyle101Posted 10/7/2012 10:17:14 AM
Depends on who you think of as good players. I think of the objective players actively working to win matches as much better than people who sit near the enemy spawn and camp for K/D boosting.

From my point of view it's rewarding good players and punishing bad ones.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#3rubberGasketPosted 10/7/2012 10:19:05 AM
reptyle101 posted...
Depends on who you think of as good players. I think of the objective players actively working to win matches as much better than people who sit near the enemy spawn and camp for K/D boosting.

Someone else that gets it.
---
Don't Snatch, or You'll get the Chop!
#4Fricken_OatmealPosted 10/7/2012 10:22:50 AM
Get score = get rewards. Do something to help your team, you get rewarded. Slayers still get paid, just not as much as objective slayers.
---
http://reichrolld.com/
GT: Fricken Oatmeal
#5WM_PMCPosted 10/7/2012 10:26:03 AM
DrBaus posted...
All I see in this game is more ways to "level the playing field" AKA ruin the game for people who don't suck.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this on the MW3 board?
---
PSN: WingNut125
http://w11.zetaboards.com/KillinginProgress/site/
#6torey_caylorPosted 10/7/2012 10:27:40 AM
No deathstreaks, no after death perks, second chance or martyrdom, streaks are harder to get, nerfed ghost perk, anti camper tools and so on....

Are we even thinking about the same game?
#7DrBaus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 10:32:19 AM
reptyle101 posted...

Most "objective" players are terrible players who simply lack the motor skills to do anything but run at flags and die over and over again. It's not much different from another terrible player who camps in a corner the whole match. One hurts the team by constantly losing map control and feeding killstreaks while the other just hurts the team by not doing anything.

Most good players are skewed toward the KD boosting side because the actual objective work required to win a game by a competent player is rather small.
---
GT: drbaus || Pokemon White FC: 2021 9043 9909
Dat fish cray || NYK 2013 NBA Champions
#8reptyle101Posted 10/7/2012 10:35:34 AM
If they're only feeding killstreaks then they aren't getting points. KD boosters are useless in most objective matches since they only kill the terrible players anyway. The ones that wouldn't get points in the first place.

I've had quite a lot of Dom matches against entire teams of KD boosters and won by 50+points.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#9GevousPosted 10/7/2012 10:36:04 AM
DrBaus posted...
reptyle101 posted...

Most "objective" players are terrible players who simply lack the motor skills to do anything but run at flags and die over and over again. It's not much different from another terrible player who camps in a corner the whole match. One hurts the team by constantly losing map control and feeding killstreaks while the other just hurts the team by not doing anything.

Most good players are skewed toward the KD boosting side because the actual objective work required to win a game by a competent player is rather small.

Correction: A good player will do both. Get kills WHILE running flags instead of sitting somewhere, not caring if you're losing, and just going for kills.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet. Mod on Veterancraft.net. #modlife
Minecraft: ryanpitts
#10gunho7Posted 10/7/2012 10:43:33 AM
too many scrubs
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad