C/D Playing the obj is usually just an excuse for bad players

#1DrBausPosted 10/7/2012 4:19:50 PM
C

If you're good the only time should need to play the obj heavily in order to win is if you're teammates are full of split screeners or there is a full team on the other side. Outside of those scenarios a good player doesn't need to play the obj heavily in order to win, winning is usually a given for must good players.
---
GT: drbaus || Pokemon White FC: 2021 9043 9909
Dat fish cray || NYK 2013 NBA Champions
#2fatclemenzaPosted 10/7/2012 4:22:03 PM
c

bads gonna bad
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#3LoshadtPosted 10/7/2012 4:23:54 PM
D.

If I wanted to play Deathmatch, I would play it.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#4Tidus41390Posted 10/7/2012 4:27:47 PM
D

Doing well in objective based game modes is usually just an excuse for bad players because the majority isn't focusing on TDM.
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#5Who_ate_the_piePosted 10/7/2012 4:32:32 PM
I thought it was because you can play the objective and still maintain a high KD?
---
I don't care.
#6panda360Posted 10/7/2012 4:44:14 PM
D.

9 times out of 10 the entire team will treat it like TDM and if I have a friend with me, usually they do too, the amount of times I've taken the objective and said "where the hell is my team" is countless.
#7MiggedPosted 10/7/2012 4:56:36 PM
C.
Every team needs slayers. Eg in black ops, throw out a blackbird, chopper and dogs. Triple cap while everything is out and you'll get a win.
#8gunho7Posted 10/7/2012 5:26:34 PM
Obvious C
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#9MegaTape13Posted 10/7/2012 6:25:43 PM
Strictly by the wording in the title, C. It is a popular excuse, yes.
But nearly as often, "playing slayer" is just an excuse for mediocre players to inflate their K/D instead of playing the actual gametype.

Migged posted...
C.
Every team needs slayers. Eg in black ops, throw out a blackbird, chopper and dogs. Triple cap while everything is out and you'll get a win.

That only works in the following scenarios:
A) The other team is bad/stupid and not only lets you get those streaks in the first place, but doesn't have at least one player packing CSPs and/or doesn't immediately shoot down your chopper.
B) The game is very closely matched, and despite the other team using appropriate countermeasures quickly, it still buys your team enough time to barely pull ahead.

In scenario A, you would nearly always win without those high streaks anyway
In scenario B, your team would almost always be better served with you actually trying to cap instead of just playing "slayer."

People die so easily in CoD that you really don't need dedicated slayers, at least not in matchmaking. Any competent player should be able to do everything. In the tremendous majority of cases, in my experience, the guy trying to "support" his team by focusing only on kills never gets those streaks and basically ends up being a wasted player slot.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#10Erupt50Posted 10/7/2012 6:28:37 PM
C. But as long as these players realize that they're bad and actually play their role I have no problem with it. Every team need obj. players
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50