R.I.P. Favela?

#21deoxxysPosted 10/7/2012 8:58:26 PM
MW2 came out forever ago though....
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#22phillyeagles123Posted 10/7/2012 9:04:52 PM
Ehh, whatever. I thought Favela sucked anyway. Still, it doesn't make sense that this game has a mission where you shoot Russian civilians in an airport, but a little sign on a map is enough to get it removed.
#233D3Posted 10/7/2012 9:10:46 PM
This is so ****ing pathetic regardless if you like the map or not.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#24cifer520Posted 10/7/2012 9:10:54 PM
This is ridiculous, castrated Activision commanding Sledge Ward filth to sodomize another studio's pride & glory. I wish the media didn't put so much pressure on game developers to be politically correct or this may never have happened.
#25Silver17Posted 10/7/2012 9:23:56 PM
Alright - I'm just an average white male, but IW did the right thing here by removing that out of the game. I really don't care what religion you follow (or don't follow for that matter) - IT'S NEVER OK to dump on other religions.

Sure the picture should have been taken out and not the map, but IMHO the devs that created that map are more at fault for this being in the game to begin with since it became an issue to be removed...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#26MegaTape13Posted 10/7/2012 9:27:52 PM
Is that actually what it says, or is this kid just trolling? Because it'd be f***ing awesome if he's just trolling.

Or better yet, if EA is behind it.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#27AlexanaxelaPosted 10/7/2012 9:29:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/450-elmo-rofl.gif
---
All animals are equal,
But some animals are more equal than others.
#28cifer520Posted 10/7/2012 9:36:35 PM
Silver17 posted...
Alright - I'm just an average white male, but IW did the right thing here by removing that out of the game. I really don't care what religion you follow (or don't follow for that matter) - IT'S NEVER OK to dump on other religions.

Sure the picture should have been taken out and not the map, but IMHO the devs that created that map are more at fault for this being in the game to begin with since it became an issue to be removed...

Old IW were probably a bunch of atheist stoners. Why can't they dump on religion if they do it in a subtle, humorous manner that hurts no one except some guy's feelings? Last time I checked IW was an American company. In America you can legally be a f***ing Nazi if you so wish. What's a religious joke here and there really gonna do? I'll bet 90 percent of MW2 players didn't even know that existed until this story broke.
#29Cursedsasuke176Posted 10/7/2012 9:39:45 PM
Silver17 posted...

its hard not to dump on other religions, if you really analyze and think logically about what a lot of the religions require you to believe in, its just such blasphemy. Just the general idea of believing that closing your eyes and putting your hands together, and then talking to the air while telling yourself someone out there is listening, and expecting that to change your life for the better is more than enough to show how stupid it all is.

The thing about religion that gets me though, is that people live their lives by that imaginary guy they think is listening. think of all the things people dont do, dont experience, wont experience, because they are constricted by their religion. Religion is all about following guidelines so youre worthy of god and can live forever in the afterlife, at the end of the day thats the point, right?

Just to blow youre mind, think about it like this. youre reading this, im typing it, youre breating, your mind is processing this. That's your brain transmitting the information, but how do you know this text really exists? how do you know there is an existence? reality is only what your brain perceives, in all honesty, how do you know that you even exist or that everything you know is real? your reality is only what you know it is, it isnt made or determined by an outside force...an idea that only even exists because someone long ago thought it up.

Religion is just a soft pillow that people use to cover up how miserable their lives are, in a way i wish i could be religious. it must be great, believing that no matter what happens, something more important than you is out there and loves you and forgives you. sadly, i just cant stomach it, i cant stomach not using words swear words, i cant handle the thought of not having sex until im married, and i cant stand stupid people that think they have all the answers because they read a most likely horribly translated book that was apparently written by FOLLOWERS that is supposed to preach the teachings of jesus, the SON of the one they all are supposed to look up to. Dont even get me started on the stories the bible tells, are they really all that different from fairy tales?

thats all religion is, an ancient fairy tale that has multiple different versions that people decided to live their lives by and preach about. If you believe it, thats fine, but in all honesty, its all a load of crap.
---
Just call me Thunder
#30fatclemenzaPosted 10/7/2012 9:51:06 PM
>mfw people are actually defending this joke of a move

liberalFAQs at its finest
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone