R.I.P. Favela?

#51GGearXPosted 10/8/2012 2:28:21 AM
RoxasANobody

I wish i was as smart as you :D
There are so many atheist that spout hatred. OK I get the whole atheist thing. I am an "atheist".
But stop hating on religion because all you'll be getting are insults. Think of it this way
I don't believe in ghosts or yetis but am I calling everyone who believes them idiots? No. I just do my own thing.
Same thing on religion. If you believe in god that's your thing. I wont insult you. But the moment you push religion on me, I will back my self up on why I am an Atheist. So many atheist are angry, loud and trying to act smarter than people that believe in other religions. At least that's what I've noticed from my time in talking with other people on religion. Which is sad, because people proved me right by expressing their "atheism" in this topic.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :O)
Sorry about the typos, I'm on my pony.
#52SparkItUpPosted 10/8/2012 2:56:24 AM(edited)
Faust_8 posted...
I bet you can't even name a war in the past few centuries that started purely because of religion.

I'm by all rights an atheist, can you stop making me feel like I have to defend religion? It's not something I should be doing.

to be fair, our hatred (as a society, not so much individually) towards those in the Middle East stems more so from our religious past than anything else (as does theirs for us). We are no better off than we were in the days of the Great Crusades when it comes to how we, as a society, cling to religion and defend it. Sure there are more free thinkers (not saying that as a good or bad thing), but religion controls our everyday lives still. We still make sure we hear "God" from those we elect as leaders, and we even put it on our money. Whether we are believers or not, we still as a society have yet moved to the point where we look for the answers in ourselves, instead we still look to the skies. The current wars that we in the United States have now, are still offshoots from the Crusades, because as I said, between the religions on each side, there is still enough hatred.

Even when it does not involve the United States, in general, war has been over religion. Whether it's been WWII, the numerous conflicts between Israel & company, or even more recent times as the Balkans in the 90s...In general, most conflicts are centered around religion or a belief system. Sure there may also be other underlying reasons as well, but religion is always in the mix right along with the rest.

The bigger challenge would be to name a war in which religion was not one of the underlying causes.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me
#53SparkItUpPosted 10/8/2012 2:57:50 AM
GGearX posted...
RoxasANobody

I wish i was as smart as you :D
There are so many atheist that spout hatred. OK I get the whole atheist thing. I am an "atheist".
But stop hating on religion because all you'll be getting are insults. Think of it this way

I agree with this as well. I personally am not a believer, but I do respect those that are, and I know many that are believers that have the same respect that I do not. Just a matter of having an open mind.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me
#54_Moron_Posted 10/8/2012 4:36:26 AM
Look, I'm no Muslim hater (even though I'm a Bible nut) but THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR. I loved that map and now it's gone because a certain group of people don't have the stomach for humor.
---
Not changing sig until Bobby Kotick goes bankrupt and loses his home.
#55Halo_ForeverPosted 10/8/2012 5:11:15 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I bet you can't even name a war in the past few centuries that started purely because of religion.

What do you say about the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, it has a religious feud starting off the thing, with the faction lines largely defined by faith. Naturally there is a larger geopolitical agenda as well, there but it does seem to play second fiddle in this one.

The Indian Rebellion of 1857 was also touched off by a religious dispute.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#56LordMarvXIIIPosted 10/8/2012 5:33:28 AM
In the Favelas, in the Favelas, dadadadada
In the Favelas, in the Favelas dadadadadaaaa!
#57TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 10/8/2012 5:59:39 AM
So from what I gathered, ONE Muslim cried about the picture in the bathroom so they took the whole map out the game because it was easier for them to do than remove the offending picture. So now, people want to judge every member of the religion based on the complaint of one member?

Gotta love America.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#58ValeriumPosted 10/8/2012 6:16:49 AM
It's truly pathetic how afraid the west is once one muslim gets angry about the most insignificant issue. I mean we're talking about a level that was made 3 years ago, and only NOW some muslim found out about it and of course it gets blown way out of proportion.

You know what the worst thing about it is that when something like this happens EVERYONE in the west is to blame, just like the the mohammed drawing or that youtube video recently. It's truly facepalm material.
#59Z0rsidPosted 10/8/2012 6:31:06 AM
They took off Favela because there was a painting on the wall of a bathroom that said "Allah is Beautiful" and a lot of muslims got offended by that.
---
If you want to see AMAZING Call of Duty Gameplays or Borderlands 2 Gameplay, here is my youtube channel! Youtube.com/Zorsid
#60billnye69Posted 10/8/2012 8:27:57 AM
Why are people blaming religion? Religion isn't doing anything, the people complaining are the ones acting here. That's like saying guns kill people on their own without a user. Religion can't do anything on it's own, it needs a user.

Inanimate objects or a specific belief system aren't doing anything, the people using them as weapons are the ones responsible. Misplaced ignorance/anger at it's best.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.