C/D: You Buy CoD Only For Multiplayer

#1NotoriousLynx-Posted 10/8/2012 2:34:24 AM
C When I say "only", I mean you don't play singleplayer at all. I haven't even begun Blops or MW3's single player mode yet.

Sure, CoD has a few other features besides multiplayer. Obviously, single player and co-op (I tend to say co-op and multiplayer are one in the same). For the last four years I've bought CoD (WaW, MW2, Blops, MW3), I've touched maybe an hour of story mode, only in Modern Warfare 2. I think playing story mode in these games is a big waste of time. These games are really made with multiplayer in mind, and when I have CoD multiplayer waiting for me, why would I dedicate ten hours of my life to a story mode I know I won't enjoy.

I'm really more of a singleplayer-kind of gamer, but I will only really play singleplayer if the game is made for singleplayer purposes. For example, take Bioshock 2. Obviously, the game is definitely a singleplayer game, but there is a multiplayer mode (a pretty interesting one, I'll give it that), but you won't buy Bioshock 2 just for multiplayer, that's crazy, and playing multiplayer is totally an optional thing that I'm sure most players will pass up immediately. That's how I feel about CoD's story modes.
#2TG_WolfPosted 10/8/2012 2:42:09 AM
D

Hell no.
---
The Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence... ((o)) ((o)) Official Edo Lord of UNS3 Board
Furry and Proud of it ^_^
#3ziadonPosted 10/8/2012 3:36:11 AM
NotoriousLynx- posted...
C When I say "only", I mean you don't play singleplayer at all. I haven't even begun Blops or MW3's single player mode yet.

Sure, CoD has a few other features besides multiplayer. Obviously, single player and co-op (I tend to say co-op and multiplayer are one in the same). For the last four years I've bought CoD (WaW, MW2, Blops, MW3), I've touched maybe an hour of story mode, only in Modern Warfare 2. I think playing story mode in these games is a big waste of time. These games are really made with multiplayer in mind, and when I have CoD multiplayer waiting for me, why would I dedicate ten hours of my life to a story mode I know I won't enjoy.

I'm really more of a singleplayer-kind of gamer, but I will only really play singleplayer if the game is made for singleplayer purposes. For example, take Bioshock 2. Obviously, the game is definitely a singleplayer game, but there is a multiplayer mode (a pretty interesting one, I'll give it that), but you won't buy Bioshock 2 just for multiplayer, that's crazy, and playing multiplayer is totally an optional thing that I'm sure most players will pass up immediately. That's how I feel about CoD's story modes.

I would have to agree with you although I do play the story mode once through normal. But the first thing I do and it's the reason I buy these games is for the multiplayer.

Do you find me FUNNY? FUNNY how? Like a CLOWN?
---
XBL GT: crackerbiss
#4known2FAILPosted 10/8/2012 4:21:57 AM
Double D
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#5Gray_wolf1119Posted 10/8/2012 4:48:33 AM
D. Its the main focus sure, but im usually also interested in the campaign as well.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#6lokinineteenPosted 10/8/2012 4:56:00 AM
D

I buy it for multiplayer and put an enormous amount of time on it but I always play the single player on veteran as well. Only game I didnt do was MW2 as it sucked balls, CoD 3 I couldnt finish on veteran as the level I was on going up the hill to destroy the emplacement I literally couldnt hide from any bullets.
#7HaganPosted 10/8/2012 5:17:56 AM
Confirm
---
XBL GT= illidan z
#8fulskiPosted 10/8/2012 5:31:59 AM
C
---
GT - Fulski
#9adeelPosted 10/8/2012 5:35:41 AM
C.

All they've ever made is multiplayer (and zombies in Treyarch games), they've never made a campaign in a cod game before. What a weird topic?
#10possessionPosted 10/8/2012 5:39:49 AM
D. That's like saying you buy a cake strictly for the frosting.
---
"Oh, Dempsey, I think I can see your house from here. It's on FIRE!!" Richtofen