Bro, can you imagine if Call of Duty had a map editor?

#21Who_ate_the_piePosted 10/12/2012 6:24:58 PM
joncoallstar posted...
I was just thinking about this today.

For those of you who have not played Trial Evolution, it comes with a robust map editor and the results have been amazing to say the least.

This is LONG overdue in a FPS like CoD. In fact Treyarch and IW should be embarrassed that Halo and Trials have this and they STILL don't.

Great game - being able to make and download maps means there are always new ones to play so it's like an endless stream of DLC.
---
I don't care.
#22_huhPosted 10/12/2012 6:29:46 PM
JacKToxiK posted...
Far cry 2 had it also.

Hell yeah they did, and it was the coolest thing. I remember some guy uploaded a map that was a full-scale playable replica of the millenium falcon, just made from bushes, rocks, sticks and other random stuff. It was so well detailed inside and out. The MP mode on FC2 sucked, but the map editor was well done.

Too bad COD is putting more effort into lame theater mode crap, which seems so useless to me.
#23Dark_Link72Posted 10/14/2012 4:46:52 AM
Far Cry 2' map editor was "from the ground-up" style, in which every tiny piece of environment, from the ground itself to the blades of grass, was completely alterable. Vehicles, water, zone barriers, everything. EVERYTHING.

This was crazy because the landscape could be infinitely different, given the ability to change the dimension, shape, texture and atmosphere of any surface. It was far, far, from a an item drag-and-drop Halo Forge, it reminded me of the Tycoon series' map editor.The only problem was that the maps were only used for multiplayer, and could not be used for an offline missions. If AI's could be placed, and objectives could have been set, Far Cry 2's map editor would have made it a game for the ages, I tell you.

Anyways, I don't expect it to happen in CoD since it would discourage sales on map packs, but I think it' would be a fantastic element to implement into CoD.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#24darkstar1080Posted 10/14/2012 5:29:51 AM
I feel it would end up like the emblem system in BO1. 95% of people would be terrible at making maps and they would all come out just stupid. But there would be that 5% whose amazing at it
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#25SparkItUpPosted 10/14/2012 6:52:45 AM
joncoallstar posted...
I was just thinking about this today.

For those of you who have not played Trial Evolution, it comes with a robust map editor and the results have been amazing to say the least.

This is LONG overdue in a FPS like CoD. In fact Treyarch and IW should be embarrassed that Halo and Trials have this and they STILL don't.

Overdue? It was done over 10 years ago on PC and was standard for the longest time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me
#26drewpot2001Posted 10/14/2012 7:56:06 AM
Dark_Link72 posted...
Far Cry 2' map editor was "from the ground-up" style, in which every tiny piece of environment, from the ground itself to the blades of grass, was completely alterable. Vehicles, water, zone barriers, everything. EVERYTHING.

This was crazy because the landscape could be infinitely different, given the ability to change the dimension, shape, texture and atmosphere of any surface. It was far, far, from a an item drag-and-drop Halo Forge, it reminded me of the Tycoon series' map editor.The only problem was that the maps were only used for multiplayer, and could not be used for an offline missions. If AI's could be placed, and objectives could have been set, Far Cry 2's map editor would have made it a game for the ages, I tell you.

Anyways, I don't expect it to happen in CoD since it would discourage sales on map packs, but I think it' would be a fantastic element to implement into CoD.

You've got it right.
Which is exactly why FarCry 3 is going to be better than Black OPs 2. They took all of the best elements of multiplayer from every FPS ever (including CoD) and then took the FC2 Map Editor and made it even better. This time around you can even place AI in your maps and create single player missions, not just MP maps.

FC3 is why I'm done with the CoD series, FINALLY. MW3 is the last buy for me.
#27TSROCKSPosted 10/14/2012 11:41:32 PM
I love people saying "well they can't make it good that would ruin the franchise."

2012 America everybody, where stuff can't be made good because if it is no one can make money off of it lmao.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#28Arcanine2009Posted 10/15/2012 2:36:50 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
then how would they sell people map packs?

They wouldn't have to give customers super detailed options/tools like the devs.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#29NejiHyuga900Posted 10/15/2012 5:29:53 PM
I would love a CoD map maker in BO2, especially for zombies, but also for multiplayer. :)
---
I am the Thunder Dragon!
Xbox 360 Gamertag: TDPNeji
#30TecmoB0Posted 10/15/2012 5:42:50 PM
iw and treyarch struggle to make a good map so im gonna assume some .83 kd sniper isn't gonna make a good one