CoD series: Best reload animations in an FPS?

#1N7SpectrePosted 10/19/2012 9:17:15 PM
Say what you want about how stale this franchise may be, but I have to admit that they've got some of the smoothest looking reload animations I've ever seen in a shooter.

Yes, some of the weapon reloads may have been the same since CoD4(All the AK and M16/M4 types) but I guess they've been following the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.
---
"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!!!"
#2FeelMyBladePosted 10/19/2012 9:18:21 PM
MW3 G36 and CM901

CoD had some of the best reload animation.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ?
No. of Brohoofs-25
#3awsomeedgar77Posted 10/19/2012 9:21:07 PM
N7Spectre posted...
Say what you want about how stale this franchise may be, but I have to admit that they've got some of the smoothest looking reload animations I've ever seen in a shooter.

Yes, some of the weapon reloads may have been the same since CoD4(All the AK and M16/M4 types) but I guess they've been following the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

Don't really understand but yeah the reloads are unique but unrealistic. I really wish I could one hand "actual" hipfire a revolver ala Red Dead Redemption standoffs. *sigh* One can dream.
---
Smile, You're in my scope.
GT: AwesomeEDgar77
#4tnallaG_sungaMPosted 10/19/2012 9:30:35 PM
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect had my favourite reload animations.
#5chaos_sage0265Posted 10/19/2012 9:34:52 PM
All game reload animations are terrible. There has yet to be a game that doesn't make you re-disengage the clip if you ever have to stop reloading for whatever reason.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#6BlargTaCularPosted 10/19/2012 9:47:15 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
All game reload animations are terrible. There has yet to be a game that doesn't make you re-disengage the clip if you ever have to stop reloading for whatever reason.

You sounded so smart until you said clip. Nice try though, it was an honest effort.
---
[ freedom of speech removed by a moderator or administrator ]
SS friend code - 0991 7155 1152
#7chaos_sage0265Posted 10/19/2012 9:48:31 PM
BlargTaCular posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...

You sounded so smart until you said clip. Nice try though, it was an honest effort.

As if that invalidates my post in any way.
---
#8BlargTaCularPosted 10/19/2012 9:55:37 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
BlargTaCular posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...

Actually it suggests you don't really know much about firearms in general, so it actually kind of does :/
---
[ freedom of speech removed by a moderator or administrator ]
SS friend code - 0991 7155 1152
#9chaos_sage0265Posted 10/19/2012 9:57:12 PM
BlargTaCular posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...
BlargTaCular posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...

Actually it suggests you don't really know much about firearms in general, so it actually kind of does :/

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that no game has yet to implement a function that doesn't make you re-initiate the entire reloading animation as opposed to just part of it if the animation is interrupted partway through.
---
#10Who_ate_the_piePosted 10/19/2012 9:59:47 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
MW3 G36 and CM901

CoD had some of the best reload animation.

MW2 FAL's reload is still the best.
---
I don't care.