Old IW or Treyarch

#1Jello743Posted 10/20/2012 3:04:41 PM
Old IW or Treyarch - Results (171 votes)
Old IW
46.2% (79 votes)
Treyarch
53.8% (92 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic
#2h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 10/20/2012 3:06:37 PM
I have to give it to old IW, but juuuuuuuuust barely. Treyarch has really stepped their game up. BO2 might even make them better than old IW.
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#3BlackOps06Posted 10/20/2012 4:05:11 PM
Regarding the recent "generation" of CoD games (after CoD 3), IW did well with CoD4: MW, but it was still a far from perfect game (balance wasn't really all that great), and MW2 was a disappointment (don't even remind me of deathstreaks, weapon imbalance, too many kilstreaks, Commando, and so on). Meanwhile, Treyarch did OK with World at War, very well with Black Ops, and is fixing a lot of mistakes for Black Ops II. Advantage Treyarch, in my opinion.
#4Smurf86Posted 10/20/2012 4:12:26 PM
Old IW.

Because Treyarch is simply better than Current IW. It doesn't really mean much. It's like if you were forced to choose between stepping on poop with flies and poop without flies, you'd obviously opt for that latter; which is Treyarch.

Don't get me wrong; Treyarch is almost as good as old IW, but they haven't done anything really amazing that old IW couldn't do back then. Sorta' like when you're introduced to a game and how awesome it was originally; you never forget that feeling of wonder and awe. You wish you could go back to it, but you can't. You can only move forward and hope someone will step the bar up to today's level of expectations or greater.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#5zerooo0Posted 10/20/2012 4:34:18 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!! People just blame IW now for MW3, but really theirs like 2 different IWs. Theirs OLD IW with A LOT of key staff members, and NEW IW with a bunch of new people. Finally somebody understands.

Oh yea, I'm split 50/50 on them. I enjoyed W@W, but despised Black Ops. I enjoyed MW2, but didn't care for MW.(MW3 is by NEW IW)
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#6ValeriumPosted 10/20/2012 4:41:08 PM
Everyone only seems to remember the good parts about Old IW, there was plenty bad to go around.

Think balance, which has always been a bigger issue with IW then with Treyarch.
#7-Jammo-Posted 10/20/2012 4:49:50 PM(edited)
Valerium posted...
Everyone only seems to remember the good parts about Old IW, there was plenty bad to go around.

Think balance, which has always been a bigger issue with IW then with Treyarch.

This. There was a lot wrong with MW2. There were comments calling it worse then cancer on it's board back in the day.

I actually prefer MW3 to MW2. MW2 felt like they put so much in, with no idea what a mess it would be. MW3 knew what it wanted to be, and it's BS was tolerable (for me at least) Black Ops is still my favourite.
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#8reptyle101Posted 10/20/2012 4:55:27 PM
I think I actually like New IW more than old IW. MW1 and 2 had just as much BS as MW3 (especially 2) but no great points to counter it, unlike MW3 with it's Kill Confirmed and Infected modes.

Treyarch's far above both though.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#9SnowValuePosted 10/20/2012 5:04:20 PM
IW Loose purely for deathstreaks.

Such a dumb idea.
#10count_hamsteinPosted 10/20/2012 5:10:02 PM
Seeing as how Big Red One is my favorite CoD game and that CoD4 was terribly balanced... This goes to Treyarch.

Though CoD4 is pretty much the father of all shooters this generation.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln