Some questions FOR ZOMBIE VETERANS ONLY

#1Teh_5_StarzPosted 10/21/2012 10:07:23 PM
I have been playing zombies a while now. My top waves are 41 on Kino (4ppl) and 46 on ascension (2ppl)

Anyway, there are two MAJOR things I need to know

1. What's the best way to make the most money early on?

I can't figure this out. My friend and I play all the time, and he always has waaay more money than everyone. Even If I manage more kills. He refuses to reveal his secret, but I kno there must be a trick to this aside from the knifing. I kno looping is the best way, but that's later

2. How do you get first Hit on the box

This same D-Bag of a friend of mine does this all the time. All four of us will be standing infront of the box, yet he always manages to be the one to get the hit. I assume its holding the X button? Or timing maybe?

Many thanks, and happy zombie slaying
---
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525
#2badrwbPosted 10/21/2012 10:09:56 PM
hmmm i dont know but im sure the BO board would know XD but seriously though those things are much funnier figuring them out yourself you know
---
3DS: 4038-6626-5003
#3AristophPosted 10/21/2012 10:11:50 PM
It's been a while since I played zombies, but IIRC holding X while approaching the box will trigger it as soon as you get in range. You don't have to wait for the prompt to appear before pressing the button.

As far as the early money, obviously you knife only for the first couple rounds. After that, you shoot 3 or 4 times and then knife. You'll get an extra 30 or 40 points from each kill this way. Otherwise, just aim for the head.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#4SullyTheStrangePosted 10/21/2012 10:14:48 PM(edited)
1. Shoot and THEN knife. Get a feel for exactly how much health zombies have on each round, shoot them just short of killing them, and then knife. First round with a pistol you can get 5 hits before knifing, then 8, then 12-ish... (honestly I can't remember since it's been so long, but you get the point :P)

Edit: Sort of what Aristoph said, but I shoot-then-knife from the very start. Never aim for the head unless you can't finish them with a knife (like if you're surrounded or there's a hoard of them), or if you're low on ammo. Or you just don't need money and don't feel like taking the time to do it.

As for 2, I don't know any secrets about that, could be he just always starts holding X a split second before everyone else.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#5zombie95Posted 10/21/2012 10:28:58 PM
1. In the early rounds. Lets the zombies break through the boards completely because only when they're inside can you get power-ups and such. Max Ammo will keep you from buying a new gun right off the bat, double points is obvious. Also, shoot the zombie four times, then stab them. On round two, shoot six times, stab. Then eight times on round three. And so on. Don't buy the crappy early guns. Save up for the Mystery Box or at least a better off-the-wall gun.

2. Don't be worried about hitting the box first. If your team isn't a bunch of ****s, everyone will go ONCE, then whoever wants a second go, can go. Unfortunately, a lot of people are ****s, so you'll just have to work with that. It's just timing, really.
#6AristophPosted 10/21/2012 10:34:41 PM
Edit: Sort of what Aristoph said, but I shoot-then-knife from the very start. Never aim for the head unless you can't finish them with a knife (like if you're surrounded or there's a hoard of them), or if you're low on ammo. Or you just don't need money and don't feel like taking the time to do it.

I don't like to fire my gun in the first 2 rounds because I always seem to have the absolute worst luck when it comes to powerups, so I never get ammo and end up with no bullets by round 3 or 4. :-/ But really, the difference in points is minimal and not usually an issue in the slightest by the time you reach round 10 or 15 (provided you aren't having atrocious luck with the box, of course).
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#7Eternal_WarlordPosted 10/21/2012 10:48:08 PM
For the box thing any team that's well organized takes turns. Only Dbags run for the box and rape it. But that's a whole other topic. First hit on the box doesn't matter it's a random weapon generator.

As for the most money, use your knife until you can no longer use your knife for the first few rounds, after that you can shoot the body about 2 or 3 times then knife. And let the zombies break the barrier and come through it's a good way to get early power ups like double points and max ammo. After that you obviously fix the barriers. I've never left a starting room with less than 5000 points.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/21/2012 11:15:48 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
1. Shoot and THEN knife. Get a feel for exactly how much health zombies have on each round, shoot them just short of killing them, and then knife. First round with a pistol you can get 5 hits before knifing, then 8, then 12-ish... (honestly I can't remember since it's been so long, but you get the point :P)

As for 2, I don't know any secrets about that, could be he just always starts holding X a split second before everyone else.

First round is actually 6 shots. Then knife.

Other than that use a wall gun and remember the box isn't needed normally until later anyway.

On the box... Not exactly sure.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/21/2012 11:25:27 PM
1. for the first 5 rounds i always do 6 shots to the leg of each zombie and then finish them with a knife. and try to get as much collateral shots as you can.
2. thats dumb all of you just sitting there at the box honestly you should be able to hold your own without a single problem up to at least level 15 with wall guns. get the stakeout or ak74u. in every game i have ever been in the person who just keeps hitting the box until the get the specific gun they are looking for always do the worst.
#10deoxxysPosted 10/21/2012 11:32:37 PM
Special Combo Move:

well its more of a technique but its during the 1st 3-5 rounds. heres what you do: fire a few rounds here and there, to weaken zombies. Special technique: Well knifing zombies gets us more points right? but they tend to reach through the door and hit us right? well then we move back and forth in front of window to knife only when close. Oh what, they're still breaking in faster then we can kill them? Well simply hold the repair window button the WHOLE time; this way, everytime you move up to the window to knife a zombie, the window will also get repaired. You can hold out even 3-5 zombies this way. and if they seem like they will over run you toss a nade in there.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..