Some questions FOR ZOMBIE VETERANS ONLY

#11_RaveMaster_Posted 10/21/2012 10:39:20 PM
1) Shoot as much as possible before the zombie dies and knife it right before it dies. This can be done for 10 rounds, yes 10 rounds go buy a bowie knife/sickle when you have 3k points. It's mad cash.

2) just hold square the whole time (plays ps3) and hope you win. It really comes down to connection, proximity to the server (although its peer to peer so I assume host has an advantage at box), and luck.
---
~Rave
#12genesis42Posted 10/21/2012 10:46:01 PM
If you're going strictly for points at the beginning of the match. Just follow my mini guide (note: I've been to round 99 on Kino, ranked 20 something in the world).

Round 1: 6 shots to the body, then knife
Round 2: 10 shots to the body, then knife
Round 3: 14 shots to the body, then knife
Round 4: 16 shots to the body, then knife

You obviously won't have enough ammo if you plan on shooting every round from rounds 1-4, so a little trick you can employ is to let a zombie out of the window when your team accumulates a collective 2,000 points. Killing said zombie will give you a guaranteed drop, so yeah, if you really wanted a Max Ammo, you can do this.

Anyways, at the end of round 4, make your way over to the Speed Cola room and grab yourself an MP40. The reason you want an MP40 is for its ammo capacity, and seeing as ammo = points, the MP40 will serve you beautifully. The next step is to pick an area you want to cover -- i.e. the two windows next to the MP40 / the window next to the Stakeout / the area situated by the Mule Kick machine. Typically, the player(s) that camp by the Mule Kick machine will more often than not have the most points because the first room is where the zombies spawn the hardest. So try your hardest to negotiate a deal with your team mates to let you look after the top =)

Just a couple of other things I'd like to chip in:
~ Always go for headshots with the MP40. Headshots = 100 points, whereas a body shot kill only nets you somewhere from 50-60 points.
~ Burst fire with MP40! There's been too many instances where I've seen plentiful of randoms get spooked out by a small batch of zombies (usually 2-3) so they just go fully auto. Don't do that. Seriously. The MP40 is a fairly powerful gun to have in the lower rounds. Usually 1-2 shots to the head drops the zombie until round 8ish or so. Following this specific tip will save you a LOT of ammo. The less ammo you purchase, the more points you will end up with. Simple stuff.
~ Try using your M1911 whenever you can. If there's only a zombie or two lingering around, and there's clearly no visible threat anywhere. Just whip out your Pistol and let a few rounds off to get some additional points.
~ Alternatively, once you get a feel for how much health the zombies per round, you can shoot the zombie in the body with your MP40, and then just follow it up with a knife for maximum points, but I wouldn't really recommend this unless you either have Juggs or host because the chances of getting double slapped is pretty high when you don't have either of them.

Getting back to the previous point of assigning camping spots, personally, I like to make my way over to the lobby and camp near the window next to the meteorite for two reasons:
1) Nobody ever goes there ;) So more zombies for you.
2) You only have to cover 2 line of sights -- the window and the teleport pad since the zombies just funnel in a straight line towards you from the other 3 windows.
Additionally, if in the rare chance that you do get over run, you have an escape route (the MPL room).

Moving on to the next point, if you have 5,500 points by the time you reach the stage before the end of round 9. It's worth turning the power on and grabbing yourself a Bowie Knife + Juggs because the Bowie will one shot the zombies until the end of round 9 and just rack up a bucketload of points.

That's all I can think of for now, if I can remember any other tips, I'll post it on request. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask. Hope this helped btw.
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#13OmniArcanePosted 10/22/2012 12:56:48 AM
If you let the zombies out, aim for the feet. You can put a full clip (8 bullets) into them before you knife, effectively earning you 210 points per zombie from Round 1. If you have two or more zombies that coincidentally come out of that window, you'll obviously get points for shooting through them as well. By round 2, they can take approx. 12 shots to the feet before a knife. That's 250 points per zombie, including more if they're bundled together. By Wave 3/4 you can effectively put two full clips into their feet before a knife kill. That's 290 + multiple zombies getting hit by the bullet. And so on.

Between letting them out and knifing them, you're bound to get some sort of power up that will either double your point gain or replenish your ammo to rinse and repeat. By round 5, usually when I leave the first room, I've already accumulated about 6000-7000 points alone from pistol/knife combos.

Even if you're unlucky and you don't get Max Ammo from either your zombies or your teammates' kills, you can easily buy the M14 and put 1-3 bullets into the legs and continue knifing. This is considerably less, but the M14 is only 500 points and you'll earn that back in about 3 zombie kills.

As for the box, just run into it holding X and you should open it before the prompt comes up.
---
GT: Omni Arcane; PSN: OmniArcane
Currently playing: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Vs. Gundam: Extreme Vs.
#14MaximusMurkimusPosted 10/22/2012 4:34:43 AM
1. Round 1: Each zombie can take 4 bullets before you knife them. Do a 4 shot combo followed by the knife.

Also, stick to using the knife against single zombies in early rounds. The M14/Kar can be fired once into a zombie to make them a OHK with the knife up until around round 5. I easily rank up around 3000-4000 points just by doing this before the power even turns on.
---
His Royal Freshness, The Pimp of Babylon, MaximusMurkimus
#15Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 4:49:50 AM
deoxxys posted...
Special Combo Move:

well its more of a technique but its during the 1st 3-5 rounds. heres what you do: fire a few rounds here and there, to weaken zombies. Special technique: Well knifing zombies gets us more points right? but they tend to reach through the door and hit us right? well then we move back and forth in front of window to knife only when close. Oh what, they're still breaking in faster then we can kill them? Well simply hold the repair window button the WHOLE time; this way, everytime you move up to the window to knife a zombie, the window will also get repaired. You can hold out even 3-5 zombies this way. and if they seem like they will over run you toss a nade in there.

I gotta try this
---
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525
#16SinCityKidPosted 10/22/2012 7:43:12 AM
Don't even bother getting the sickle/knife, unless you're in a stabby mood and just wanna have a little fun with it. With some experience, points will never be an issue in zombies.

Yeah, you might get a few extra early points by going sickle first, but those points don't justify the increased risk. And frankly, the extra maneuvering I have to pull off when darting around getting stabs, is just annoying to me......especially when playing with a 3-bar connection. I have more fun popping off heads with a gun from a safe distance. Also, you'll typically get enough points to buy a sickle at round 5, but then the sickle will become ineffective shortly after round 10.

Just take easy street: SMG>Jugg!>M&S>Phd. That's the ultimate safety net for the first 30+ rounds. Takes maybe 10 rounds to buy all this stuff and it's basically god mode for the next couple hours. You're now free to go hump the box or do whatever else you wanna do. Grab yourself some quick revive and go revive your sickle-carrying teammate who just got downed on round 12 :p
#17supercoolisaacPosted 10/22/2012 7:45:53 AM
Get the bowie knife/sickle as soon as possible. It's a one hit kill until round 10 and then till 15ish it's still only a few shots then a knife.
---
"Frequently hated, either that or misunderstood."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#18The_ShaderPosted 10/22/2012 7:51:21 AM
SinCityKid posted...
Don't even bother getting the sickle/knife, unless you're in a stabby mood and just wanna have a little fun with it. With some experience, points will never be an issue in zombies.

Yeah, you might get a few extra early points by going sickle first, but those points don't justify the increased risk. And frankly, the extra maneuvering I have to pull off when darting around getting stabs, is just annoying to me......especially when playing with a 3-bar connection. I have more fun popping off heads with a gun from a safe distance. Also, you'll typically get enough points to buy a sickle at round 5, but then the sickle will become ineffective shortly after round 10.

Just take easy street: SMG>Jugg!>M&S>Phd. That's the ultimate safety net for the first 30+ rounds. Takes maybe 10 rounds to buy all this stuff and it's basically god mode for the next couple hours. You're now free to go hump the box or do whatever else you wanna do. Grab yourself some quick revive and go revive your sickle-carrying teammate who just got downed on round 12 :p

Sounds like you never played with decent Zombie knifers yet.

Obviously, dont bother with the Sickle/Bowie yet until you get Jugg, but once you do, its once ht kills for the beginning of the game. And if you happen to get the Ballistic Knife, then upgrade it, youre instant kills last longer and your 2-hit kills last until round 20 or so. Then thres the instant kill headshotwith the ballistic knife, and instant revive from a distance.

Power, Function, and Reliability.... Pro's only. Ive seen too many noobs try to knife before....
---
"Lower thine guard and thou'rt allowing the enemy in" - Frog
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#19sulkythefishPosted 10/22/2012 8:02:18 AM
Most of the standard starting strategies have been said but if I have ammo issues early I sometimes buy the M14. I know most people don't but you get plenty of ammo and if you line the zombies up you can make a lot of point quickly for very little effort.

As far the box I feel it's much better to buy the MPL or MP40 and juggernaut depending on which way you go. They have good ammo capacity and generate loads of points in early rounds. MP 40 is better in long run but the way I go normally I pick up the MPL first usually. Once you have built up a load of points you can just go to the box when it suits you and not have to worry too much about getting a good weapon
#20deoxxysPosted 10/22/2012 8:25:03 AM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
deoxxys posted...
Special Combo Move:

well its more of a technique but its during the 1st 3-5 rounds. heres what you do: fire a few rounds here and there, to weaken zombies. Special technique: Well knifing zombies gets us more points right? but they tend to reach through the door and hit us right? well then we move back and forth in front of window to knife only when close. Oh what, they're still breaking in faster then we can kill them? Well simply hold the repair window button the WHOLE time; this way, everytime you move up to the window to knife a zombie, the window will also get repaired. You can hold out even 3-5 zombies this way. and if they seem like they will over run you toss a nade in there.

I gotta try this

just remember only knife once every time you move close to the window, then back up immediately, even if your stab doesn't land a hit.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..