Do the grenades actually kill people in this game?

#1OhHeyltsYouPosted 10/22/2012 8:09:46 AM
Not sure if any of you played the game at a convention or what not, or if any video went into detail about it. But I'm just curious since MW3 grenades were pretty pointless.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#2FlashCannonPosted 10/22/2012 8:17:13 AM
i don't know what you're talking about, i don't have any problems getting frag grenade kills, i used semtex for a long time, but now i actually prefer frag, i think they have more applications than semtex. sure you're left vulerable for longer, but thats what happens when you don't know when it's appropriate to cook and throw a frag.
---
I lost hope for the perfect videogame when they took child killing out of the first Fable.
GT: YuriPRime01
#3OhHeyltsYou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 8:24:36 AM
I mean the splash damage range. The grenades in MW3 gave mostly hit markers, where as in previous COD games, those hit markers would've been deaths.
---
#4NeonYoshi11Posted 10/22/2012 11:20:22 PM
The Damage radius is decreased so you can't get kills from having a nade blow up 10 ft away but at close range they are still very powerful.

Basically you need to be more accurate with your throw.
#5Silver17Posted 10/23/2012 3:16:26 AM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
Not sure if any of you played the game at a convention or what not, or if any video went into detail about it. But I'm just curious since MW3 grenades were pretty pointless.

Obviously you've never used the Semtex in MW3, cuz I've gotten plenty of Multi-kills with that. It's even more dangerous if you stick somebody...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#6OhHeyltsYou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 6:57:34 AM
Silver17 posted...
OhHeyltsYou posted...

Obviously you've never used the Semtex in MW3, cuz I've gotten plenty of Multi-kills with that. It's even more dangerous if you stick somebody...

I've gotten plenty as well. But I also got even more hit markers. Maybe it's just a PS3 problem. Just figured I'd post here since this board is the more lively one.
---
#7chickenlardPosted 10/23/2012 7:18:15 AM(edited)
Grendades have been nerfed in this game, you can no longer throw a grenade all the way across the map, think Battlefield 3 grenades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BClnswY5rTs&feature=g-u-u

skip to around the 3:00 minute mark to hear about it.
#8Astro_B0mbPosted 10/23/2012 7:40:07 AM
They wont kill cause everyone will use perk 1 greed and flak jacket.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#9OhHeyltsYou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 8:46:39 AM
chickenlard posted...
Grendades have been nerfed in this game, you can no longer throw a grenade all the way across the map, think Battlefield 3 grenades.

I actually like this. Even though I did it, I'm glad it will tone down the throwing of grenades at the start of matches on smaller maps.
---
#10darkshadowmasterPosted 10/23/2012 8:49:55 AM
chickenlard posted...

Thank god. No more NFL Quarterback grenade throws.

This may also cut back on some random nade kills since they know it's not going to make it all the way across the map.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.