Awareness Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
4 years ago#1
Does Dead silence block out awareness users?
Xbox Live- Zoom In

User Info: WhooKilledKenny

WhooKilledKenny
4 years ago#2
No it's just like Sitrep :( screwing snd players again ;(

User Info: SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange
4 years ago#3
I think they cancel each other out, right?

I don't know, I never got into the whole soundwhoring business.
All's fair in love and war, kid.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 years ago#4
WhooKilledKenny posted...
No it's just like Sitrep :( screwing snd players again ;(

Please provide source.

If this is true then its truly terrible.
XBL GT= illidan z

User Info: WhooKilledKenny

WhooKilledKenny
4 years ago#5
Dead Silence= can hear people who don't have dead silence on. Awareness= can hear everyone.

User Info: fatclemenza

fatclemenza
4 years ago#6
IIRC, Dead Silence also cancels player grunts and callouts ("planting claymore!") and noise made running through bushes and weeds, in addition to footsteps. Awareness against Dead Silence only restores some of the footstep volume. It does NOT effect the Dead Silence benefits of player grunts and callouts or noise made running through bushes and weeds.

Also, maps are said to have more background noise this time around to make footstep volume less important (like the train in WMD in Black Ops). I'll see if I can find the article that said all of this.

Edit: found it - http://community.activision.com/message/413352911
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone

User Info: Aether_Lyric

Aether_Lyric
4 years ago#7
People saying it's exactly the same as SitRep need to stop being so pessimistic and not jump to conclusions.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=nonsense&action=display&thread=4952

According to this, Vonderhaar said in a podcast that Awareness users can't hear Dead Silence footsteps but can still hear other sounds. Also they are still tweaking the game and I'm pretty sure they are aware of people crying about SitRep, the right decision will be made.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
License Transfer for DLCjothebro13211/25 7:30AM