Awareness Question

#1BTM4444Posted 10/23/2012 9:23:44 AM(edited)
Does Dead silence block out awareness users?
---
Xbox Live- Zoom In
#2WhooKilledKennyPosted 10/23/2012 9:27:54 AM
No it's just like Sitrep :( screwing snd players again ;(
#3SullyTheStrangePosted 10/23/2012 9:28:09 AM
I think they cancel each other out, right?

I don't know, I never got into the whole soundwhoring business.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#4HaganPosted 10/23/2012 9:30:25 AM
WhooKilledKenny posted...
No it's just like Sitrep :( screwing snd players again ;(

Please provide source.

If this is true then its truly terrible.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
#5WhooKilledKennyPosted 10/23/2012 9:31:02 AM
Dead Silence= can hear people who don't have dead silence on. Awareness= can hear everyone.
#6fatclemenzaPosted 10/23/2012 9:38:05 AM(edited)
IIRC, Dead Silence also cancels player grunts and callouts ("planting claymore!") and noise made running through bushes and weeds, in addition to footsteps. Awareness against Dead Silence only restores some of the footstep volume. It does NOT effect the Dead Silence benefits of player grunts and callouts or noise made running through bushes and weeds.

Also, maps are said to have more background noise this time around to make footstep volume less important (like the train in WMD in Black Ops). I'll see if I can find the article that said all of this.

Edit: found it - http://community.activision.com/message/413352911
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#7Aether_LyricPosted 10/23/2012 9:39:57 AM
People saying it's exactly the same as SitRep need to stop being so pessimistic and not jump to conclusions.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=nonsense&action=display&thread=4952

According to this, Vonderhaar said in a podcast that Awareness users can't hear Dead Silence footsteps but can still hear other sounds. Also they are still tweaking the game and I'm pretty sure they are aware of people crying about SitRep, the right decision will be made.