Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#11PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 11:29:34 PM
I_Phade_I posted...
Can I just get something straight here.

Guy A has Dead Silence.
Guy B has Awareness.
Guy A can here hear guy B and guy B can hear guy A.

How is this unbalanced?

Who said anything about balance? Having to literally crouch walk to play any objective based mode is just plain terrible game design.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#12I_Phade_IPosted 11/2/2012 11:32:32 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
I_Phade_I posted...
Can I just get something straight here.

Guy A has Dead Silence.
Guy B has Awareness.
Guy A can here hear guy B and guy B can hear guy A.

How is this unbalanced?

Who said anything about balance? Having to literally crouch walk to play any objective based mode is just plain terrible game design.

I've never had to do that and I finish most games with adequate scores.
---
"Mojave, Mo problems"
#13PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 11:32:33 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
I think SnD players kinda need to get over it and understand that CoD isn't exclusively catered to them.

I think you need to understand that sound whoring stevens are just as big of a problem outside of S&D as in. Figured you guys would understand since you all whined about Ghost promoting camping, well now you can sit in your corner till you hear footsteps and pop out on a whim.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#14XCWLokiPosted 11/2/2012 11:34:22 PM
So pro-awareness people are in favor of a perk that only really works when you are still. Lol whatever. Search in MW3 was just plain not fun, mainly because of this perk.
---
GT - EpicBrotherC
#15KabtheMentatPosted 11/3/2012 12:35:23 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
I think SnD players kinda need to get over it and understand that CoD isn't exclusively catered to them.

I think you need to understand that sound whoring stevens are just as big of a problem outside of S&D as in. Figured you guys would understand since you all whined about Ghost promoting camping, well now you can sit in your corner till you hear footsteps and pop out on a whim.

Ahaha, look at the SnD guy telling me about camping.
---
John Henry Eden 2012
#16Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 1:44:25 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Cannot be countered completely is more accurate.

And Dead Silence does more than just silence footsteps--it gets rid of all player noise like call-outs.

So Dead Silence still helps a lot against Awareness, it just doesn't 100% neuter it.

10 bucks says the TC plays SnD too much. Sorry you play a mode where any Perk relating to sound becomes a hundred times more important than it does in TDM/Dom.

I've been saying the same thing on the MW3 board for the past 6 months, especially when that board got FLOODED with the same old whiny SRP topics. Now Treyatch appears to be doing the same thing.

It's gonna be very interesting to see how the S&D kids deal with this if this goes down the same 2 COD games in...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#17CashDudeHomiePosted 11/3/2012 1:53:06 AM
The MLG guys will cry about it and since Treyarch is obsessed with MLG, they will eventually do something about it. Now I hate MLG tryhards, but I completely agree that the two sound perks canceling each other out breaks the game.
---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass
#18Aether_LyricPosted 11/3/2012 1:54:20 AM
I'm tired of people assuming it's going to be as powerful as SitRep.

1. Vonderhaar said that Dead Silence counters Awareness to some degree, possibly removing footstep sounds completely (but not other sounds)
2. Treyarch's sound design is worse than IW's. Soundwhoring with Ninja Pro in Black Ops was the equivalent of soundwhoring without SitRep in MW2/3.
#19Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 1:55:39 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

First off I had no problem crouch walking on and off in S&D because I've been doing that since COD4.

Second, when you got to an area where you "thought" someone was nearby, you threw a Recon flash grenade which did all the work for you. Of course the S&D kids, thought that was a *ahem* "tryhard" move, but Recon in MW3 was made for that situation...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#20Glockass1Posted 11/3/2012 2:32:14 AM
ITT: Bads that can't play without being undetectable. Seriously don't try playing anything more hardcore than this.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1