Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#101Smurf86Posted 11/3/2012 6:28:23 PM(edited)
SeiferFC posted...
Smurf86 posted...
TC is making a big deal out of nothing. The fact that he even cared about it means he's trying way too hard.

Or he just wants it to be as fair as possible. SnD is filled with corner campers and because of the lack of killstreaks and explosives, it's abnormally quiet. You can literally hear a grenade pin rooms away. Soundwhoring is a problem.

Why don't you run just Awareness instead? And he plays too much SnD which is entirely his own fault.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#102Yours_Truly18Posted 11/3/2012 6:27:33 PM
footsteps by default put the rusher at a disadvantage and give the camper an advantage

in MW3 dead silence is near-useless since it only makes your footsteps silent to people who are least likely to sound-whore, non-sitrep users...
---
Whenever I get upset, I remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only four to stick up your middle finger.~John Rzeznik
#103SeiferFCPosted 11/3/2012 6:31:47 PM
Smurf86 posted...
SeiferFC posted...
Smurf86 posted...
TC is making a big deal out of nothing. The fact that he even cared about it means he's trying way too hard.

Or he just wants it to be as fair as possible. SnD is filled with corner campers and because of the lack of killstreaks and explosives, it's abnormally quiet. You can literally hear a grenade pin rooms away. Soundwhoring is a problem.

Why don't you run just Awareness instead? And he plays too much SnD which is entirely his own fault.

God forbid he wants to play a non-respawn mode instead of headglitching and spamming explosives against noobs who keep running into the same choke during TDM. There's nothing wrong with SnD itself.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#104CallMeSeekerPosted 11/3/2012 6:31:56 PM
Smurf86 posted...
SeiferFC posted...
Smurf86 posted...

Why don't you run just Awareness instead?

It will happen. Everyone will run awareness and crouch-walk everywhere, because doing otherwise is suicide.

You know, fun.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#105X ProwLPosted 11/3/2012 6:39:23 PM
With a toned down motion sensor i see SnD being alot more balanced even with 'sound whoring'.

I'm still under the impression that sensor grenades act like the pokEballs from Bad company 2? (provide motion sensor for 10 seconds).

However with double perk options i foresee alot of Engineer/Dead silence and Flakjacket/Awareness combos.

Explosives gonna get useless.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#106zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 6:40:27 PM(edited)
With a toned down motion sensor

There are still motion sensors?

There goes pub SnD... I was so hopeful....
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#107Planeteer01Posted 11/3/2012 6:42:33 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
With a toned down motion sensor

There are still motion sensors?

There goes pub SnD... I was so hopeful....

U jelly of the sensor brah?
#108zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 6:45:50 PM

Quiet, you. Second Chance whore, >:(

What tag are you playing on these days? I want you back for Blops2 :D
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#109Smurf86Posted 11/3/2012 6:56:18 PM
SeiferFC posted...
Smurf86 posted...
SeiferFC posted...
Smurf86 posted...

God forbid he wants to play a non-respawn mode instead of headglitching and spamming explosives against noobs who keep running into the same choke during TDM. There's nothing wrong with SnD itself.

Well there is now.

CallMeSeeker posted...
It will happen. Everyone will run awareness and crouch-walk everywhere, because doing otherwise is suicide.

You know, fun.

Hey, everyone else is doing it or just doesn't care. Maybe it's more fun than you think and a lot less of a big deal than you're making it out to be.

I'll level with you though. If it were up to me, Awareness would be a Scorestreak instead. I firmly believe that Awareness should be stronger than Dead Silence since you can't possibly be that silent. Technology does exist that allows people to hear others from great distances, so it's obviously hard to truly stay silent.

Making it a Scorestreak would at least force people to work for such a perk, while keeping Dead Silence viable still.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#110Planeteer01Posted 11/3/2012 6:56:36 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

Quiet, you. Second Chance whore, >:(

What tag are you playing on these days? I want you back for Blops2 :D

On Ninetimes again, I haven't played in about a year though.

I might hit you up for pubs/league play in BO2, but I'm also gonna try to find some west coast/Washington based people to help my ping. Dat Georgia ping is horrid.