Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#31unceramoniusPosted 11/3/2012 6:57:17 AM
If people hate campers so much....then why is silent footsteps a problem?

Ill tell you why. Its because the majority are hypocrites. All they want to do, is sit still and let people come to them. Silent footsteps ruins this....so we have to nerf it, so everyone sounds like elephants.

Now you can hide in your corner like a sissy.....thinking your the best to ever play, because now anyone that moves....gives away thier position

Just more catering to the kids
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#32Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/3/2012 6:58:41 AM
Wow, its amazing people cry about this. You tread carefully in spots where you think enemies are

SND is a slow gametype, why are you acting as if suddenly having to sneak around to avoid footsteps suddenly makes it or breaks it?

And no, soundwhoring in BLOPS is not gamebreaking in other game modes. I think if anything, COD4 had the biggest soundwhoring issues

Also, you can get a good pair of headsets for 60 bucks. Stop acting as if you're at a disadvantage, if you can afford annual COD releases, you can afford the headsets
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#33TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/3/2012 6:59:07 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Then I'm not playing this game online. Period.

There is no point in playing a game where the other player knows exactly where you are and what you are doing at all time and you don't. That's borderline retardation.

Combat Training for me. At least there I won't have to deal with lag, modders and no sound-whores who cannot be countered at all.

I'm not gonna say you suck at the game because you have a problem with it. That's what people who don't have the intelligence to come up with a rational thought do. I'll just say this, if it bothers you that much, put awareness on too and you'll be able to hear each other.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#34Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/3/2012 7:07:10 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Linctagon7 posted...

There is no point in playing a game where the other player knows exactly where you are and what you are doing at all time and you don't. That's borderline retardation.

Combat Training for me. At least there I won't have to deal with lag, modders and no sound-whores who cannot be countered at all.

I'm not gonna say you suck at the game because you have a problem with it. That's what people who don't have the intelligence to come up with a rational thought do. I'll just say this, if it bothers you that much, put awareness on too and you'll be able to hear each other.

There shouldn't be a counter to any of my perks

*makes pouty face*
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#35fatclemenzaPosted 11/3/2012 7:20:07 AM
And so begins another era of Awareness users posting up in a corner waiting for everyone else to make a move. Unless you lolcrouchwalk then you're going to be heard if you try and play any kind of offense. I hope Treyarch puts tons of atmospheric noise in the maps. Like the train from WMD times ten.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#36Glockass1Posted 11/3/2012 7:42:49 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...

Sounds like you're bad. That's how competitive is played. Get better or stay mad.

Whatever. I don't care.

I ain't playing and that's it.

Btw my GT is Holden ZA. I have better stats than you LOL.

I don't have a lolbox sorry.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#37Masterpie3000Posted 11/3/2012 8:10:26 AM
this personally doesnt bug me too much, crouch walking eliminates all sound, although it would make more sense if dead silence came with another ability like shorter duration from sensor grenades

but than awarness would be slightly UP imo, but im sure they could add a small advantage to that as well, like see when an enemy is going to throw a grenade (not very useful or that great of an idea but yah...)
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#38JermasaurusPosted 11/3/2012 9:00:19 AM
I think what most of you guys are forgetting is that you are on a message board, dedicated to the game.

Sure, there may be a ton of Awareness, Dead Silence using soundwhores on here. But a lot of the people this game appeals to don't buy headsets, and don't even have a clue what soundwhoring is. This board is literally a small percentage of people who play the game.
---
GamerTag : Jermasaurus
#39fatclemenzaPosted 11/3/2012 9:03:31 AM
I don't understand how people here are against sound-whoring and expensive headsets, but are in favor of Awareness/SitRep, which just increases that problem.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#40Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 9:08:02 AM(edited)
I love how people tell the "complainers" to adapt and overcome, yet they themselves don't follow suit.

Most of you can't play the game without Sitrep from the games I've seen in MW3 in EVERY single mode.

It's one of those perks that is instantly going to kill LMG rushing. Wonderful, if the invisibility loss wasn't bad enough, now we'll have elephant footsteps all over the map.

Edit:

Crouchwalking with an LMG: Yeah, let's move 10x slower than the average LMG user. Wonderful. That's totally not sarcasm.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"