Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#41Faust_8Posted 11/3/2012 8:15:23 AM
^^ Somebody brought up a great point--the difference in sound between IW and Treyarch games. If you used Ninja Pro in BO it did NOT give you elephant footsteps from 100 feet away like SitRep does. It only really let me "soundwhore" people if I wasn't moving fast and they were pretty damn close.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#42Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 8:25:20 AM
Faust_8 posted...
^^ Somebody brought up a great point--the difference in sound between IW and Treyarch games. If you used Ninja Pro in BO it did NOT give you elephant footsteps from 100 feet away like SitRep does. It only really let me "soundwhore" people if I wasn't moving fast and they were pretty damn close.

That may have just been the past games, the noise level is subject to be better than previous entries especially with how much effort Treyarch is putting forth.

However, I do hope you are right.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#43AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 8:38:33 AM
I guess none of you played CS from the 1.6- era...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.
My theory is that itll make snd better/more tactical
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#44iiTryhardPosted 11/3/2012 8:42:11 AM
SnD isn't even a good gametype, lol.

Go play CS instead
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#45Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 8:43:40 AM
Aerogah posted...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.

There's a difference from being able to hear each other, and one man with a fully operational UAV in his ear.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#46Astro_B0mbPosted 11/3/2012 8:47:46 AM
Glockass1 posted...
ITT: Bads that can't play without being undetectable. Seriously don't try playing anything more hardcore than this.

THIS.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#47TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/3/2012 8:48:00 AM
Aerogah posted...

You don't have to play CS to know that, I learned it from CoD4.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#48AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 8:52:20 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...

There's a difference from being able to hear each other, and one man with a fully operational UAV in his ear.

Did i miss something? I thought awareness cancels dead silence...so probably every hardcore snd player will have both perks on at the same time which means essentially no one has dead silnce...
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#49Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 8:57:24 AM(edited)
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...

Did i miss something? I thought awareness cancels dead silence...so probably every hardcore snd player will have both perks on at the same time which means essentially no one has dead silnce...

No, it does not fully cancel DS. It counters a certain aspect which was not defined yet. For all we know it could mean they won't be able to hear us when we move slow. If it's like MW3's Sitrep, they need to kill that perk.

The fact it instantly destroyed one class of weapons usage [LMGs especially when rushing] similar to how pistols were almost nonexistant due to the knife and machine pistols in MW3.

If it's just a small distance that awareness works [as in close proximity] that's fine, but if it's like MW3... No. There is nothing balanced about that. Especially when to use an LMG I'd have to crouchwalk everywhere which would take an hour to do one full rotation in comparison to normal movement speed?

Also I'm not just talking about SND. LMG rushing in EVERY mode was destroyed by sitrep in MW3.
---
#50Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 9:14:21 AM

^ If people are using AW/DS, then drop BB or claymores in random spots since they won't have Engineer on...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)