Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#51Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 10:16:30 AM
Also I'm not just talking about SND. LMG rushing in EVERY mode was destroyed by sitrep in MW3.

Yeah I feel especially sorry for all those L86 users running silence and thermal...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#52GevousPosted 11/3/2012 10:21:51 AM
People whine about sound whores way too much. There really aren't that many who just make the game you are in not fun. Even after sitrep pro in MW3, I have never had too much of a problem with it.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#53Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 10:22:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 10:24:23 AM
Gevous posted...
People whine about sound whores way too much.

Even after sitrep pro in MW3, I have never had too much of a problem with it.

---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#55AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 10:25:12 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...
I guess none of you played CS from the 1.6- era...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.
My theory is that itll make snd better/more tactical

There's a difference from being able to hear each other, and one man with a fully operational UAV in his ear.

Did i miss something? I thought awareness cancels dead silence...so probably every hardcore snd player will have both perks on at the same time which means essentially no one has dead silnce...

No, it does not fully cancel DS. It counters a certain aspect which was not defined yet. For all we know it could mean they won't be able to hear us when we move slow. If it's like MW3's Sitrep, they need to kill that perk.

The fact it instantly destroyed one class of weapons usage [LMGs especially when rushing] similar to how pistols were almost nonexistant due to the knife and machine pistols in MW3.

If it's just a small distance that awareness works [as in close proximity] that's fine, but if it's like MW3... No. There is nothing balanced about that. Especially when to use an LMG I'd have to crouchwalk everywhere which would take an hour to do one full rotation in comparison to normal movement speed?

Also I'm not just talking about SND. LMG rushing in EVERY mode was destroyed by sitrep in MW3.

I dont get it...i feel like theres nothing wrong with that. From your description, in mw3, awareness only works when ppl are moving fast...if youre rushing with an lmg into thier spawn there should be a high risk/reward associated as with any type of rushing. U cant expect to rush in like a ninja and slay everyone on the opposing team lol. Also im not sure if you know how to play search if youre rushing with an lmg(light machine gun yes?).
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#56Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 10:26:23 AM
Silver17 posted...

Yeah I feel especially sorry for all those L86 users running silence and thermal...

L86 is one LMg out of all the LMGs.

Great comparison/sarcasm.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#57Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 10:28:19 AM
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...
I guess none of you played CS from the 1.6- era...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.
My theory is that itll make snd better/more tactical

There's a difference from being able to hear each other, and one man with a fully operational UAV in his ear.

Did i miss something? I thought awareness cancels dead silence...so probably every hardcore snd player will have both perks on at the same time which means essentially no one has dead silnce...

No, it does not fully cancel DS. It counters a certain aspect which was not defined yet. For all we know it could mean they won't be able to hear us when we move slow. If it's like MW3's Sitrep, they need to kill that perk.

The fact it instantly destroyed one class of weapons usage [LMGs especially when rushing] similar to how pistols were almost nonexistant due to the knife and machine pistols in MW3.

If it's just a small distance that awareness works [as in close proximity] that's fine, but if it's like MW3... No. There is nothing balanced about that. Especially when to use an LMG I'd have to crouchwalk everywhere which would take an hour to do one full rotation in comparison to normal movement speed?

I dont get it...i feel like theres nothing wrong with that. From your description, in mw3, awareness only works when ppl are moving fast...if youre rushing with an lmg into thier spawn there should be a high risk/reward associated as with any type of rushing. U cant expect to rush in like a ninja and slay everyone on the opposing team lol. Also im not sure if you know how to play search if youre rushing with an lmg(light machine gun yes?).

I don't mean just rushing in. I mean flanking, I mean slowly moving across the map to get behind the enemies just like in MW2. In MW3 *Elephant footsteps* they know where you are with sitrep and unless you crouchwalk which leaves LMG walkers [read people who use LMGs and don't just camp 100% of the time] vulernable to everything. Especially at the slow movement rate.

The big problem with most posters having no problem with it is, they do not main LMGs so their perspective is limited and ignorant at best.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#58AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 10:29:42 AM
Silver17 posted...

^ If people are using AW/DS, then drop BB or claymores in random spots since they won't have Engineer on...

I feel like that wont be a big of a deal because whats great about the 10 point class system is that if u choose to use a claymore your also sacrificing something else...so generally claymore/bb use might not b that popular
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#59thebest99Posted 11/3/2012 10:30:54 AM
Sound Whoring has never been a big issue to me. I will say the whole Sit Rep debacle was inane. Whether people can hear me a few seconds before I see them doesn't mean I can't take them out. It comes down to just knowing where people are going to be most of the time so while you're turning the corner and the other guy thinks you don't know he's there you already have a pretty good idea where he is and can take him out.
---
Be my super friend and lets have rainbow fun time!
GT: Dan Harkinz
#60Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 10:33:14 AM
thebest99 posted...
Sound Whoring has never been a big issue to me. I will say the whole Sit Rep debacle was inane. Whether people can hear me a few seconds before I see them doesn't mean I can't take them out. It comes down to just knowing where people are going to be most of the time so while you're turning the corner and the other guy thinks you don't know he's there you already have a pretty good idea where he is and can take him out.

When someone knows your exact location it instantly gives them the advantage in theory if you are of equal skill. They should always prevail since they have more knowledge.

I don't think certain posters on this board or in the CoD community in general understand advantages, variables, nor map knowledge advantage.
---