Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#61zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 9:45:09 AM
I_Phade_I posted...
Can I just get something straight here.

Guy A has Dead Silence.
Guy B has Awareness.
Guy A can here hear guy B and guy B can hear guy A.

How is this unbalanced?

This isn't unbalanced. What is unbalanced is when Guy B with awareness is one of the corner camping f***wads that makes up around 40% of CoD players and he decides to set up his tent and roast marshmallows until someone dares venture into his auditory range.

I have to say I'm kind of disappointed by this. However, as long as Awareness is a banned perk in the competitive playlist I'll survive. It won't be as big a deal as it was with MW3 since I'll still be able to hop in and enjoy the game if I so choose.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#62Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 9:45:17 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Silver17 posted...
Also I'm not just talking about SND. LMG rushing in EVERY mode was destroyed by sitrep in MW3.

Yeah I feel especially sorry for all those L86 users running silence and thermal...

L86 is one LMg out of all the LMGs.

Great comparison/sarcasm.

The majority of LMGs that I've seen are L86 and the MG36. I've lost count of how many of those L86's had silencer and thermal on them. Honestly I really don't care because IMHO there was nothing gamebreaking about MW3 - including the L86 users. I only brought it up because you make it sound like ALL LMG users got screwed, when those guys had no problem using that setup.

Honestly after playing MW2 with lobby after lobby of unlimited tubes/nades/ammo, DC, Commando, and Painkiller no COD game can *knock on wood* ever sink as low as that garbage game again. If anybody can survive the all the BS of MW2, then the rest IMHO is all petty nitpicking...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#63PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 9:47:01 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Wow, its amazing people cry about this. You tread carefully in spots where you think enemies are

SND is a slow gametype, why are you acting as if suddenly having to sneak around to avoid footsteps suddenly makes it or breaks it?

Holy mother of goodness me no. You're playing S&D wrong if you think it's a slow gametype. Hell, you're playing CoD wrong if you think it should be in any way slow.

This isn't counterstrike. I shouldn't have to crouch walk and the DS Perk should be a definite advantage like all the others.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#64Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 9:50:42 AM(edited)
Silver17 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Silver17 posted...
Also I'm not just talking about SND. LMG rushing in EVERY mode was destroyed by sitrep in MW3.

Yeah I feel especially sorry for all those L86 users running silence and thermal...

L86 is one LMg out of all the LMGs.

Great comparison/sarcasm.

The majority of LMGs that I've seen are L86 and the MG36. I've lost count of how many of those L86's had silencer and thermal on them. Honestly I really don't care because IMHO there was nothing gamebreaking about MW3 - including the L86 users. I only brought it up because you make it sound like ALL LMG users got screwed, when those guys had no problem using that setup.

Honestly after playing MW2 with lobby after lobby of unlimited tubes/nades/ammo, DC, Commando, and Painkiller no COD game can *knock on wood* ever sink as low as that garbage game again. If anybody can survive the all the BS of MW2, then the rest IMHO is all petty nitpicking...

So it's ok as long as the rest of the styles of LMGs got screwed. How wonderful your idea of balance is.

Second: I didn't get screwed I still prevailed, it was still a terrible misbalance that required so much effort, it wasn't really worth it.

Sorry, some of us didn't use silencers, sorry some of us didn't use thermal because we actually don't need a no-recoil scope to get kills.

If a game forces you to play a specific way to have a decent balance between effort and gain, the game is doing something wrong.

Edit:

You need to learn to snipe if you have problems with most of those problems in MW2.

The other day I faced a full team of noobtubers (OMA, DC, and NT) and still prevailed mainly using a PP2000.

See my logic? I didn't have a problem so it must certainly be balanced.

/wrong.

It overcentralises the gameplay in both aspects. Certain playstyles should have weaknesses but one shouldn't have a vast majority of the disadvantages.

LMGs already lack reload, movement maneuvarability, speed, crouchwalking speed, FR most of the time, and we get what? better penetration and a bigger clip? Woopde*******do.

I'll have to pick this discussion up later. I've got to go.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#65AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 9:48:02 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
thebest99 posted...
Sound Whoring has never been a big issue to me. I will say the whole Sit Rep debacle was inane. Whether people can hear me a few seconds before I see them doesn't mean I can't take them out. It comes down to just knowing where people are going to be most of the time so while you're turning the corner and the other guy thinks you don't know he's there you already have a pretty good idea where he is and can take him out.

When someone knows your exact location it instantly gives them the advantage in theory if you are of equal skill. They should always prevail since they have more knowledge.

I don't think certain posters on this board or in the CoD community in general understand advantages, variables, nor map knowledge advantage.

Thats ur first mistake, u let them hear u while u walk into bomb territory...and for cases outside outside of bomb territory, ex. When
2 guys meet at a choke point and both hear each other, it makes things more interesting...more skill is involved
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#66Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2012 9:51:58 AM
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
thebest99 posted...
Sound Whoring has never been a big issue to me. I will say the whole Sit Rep debacle was inane. Whether people can hear me a few seconds before I see them doesn't mean I can't take them out. It comes down to just knowing where people are going to be most of the time so while you're turning the corner and the other guy thinks you don't know he's there you already have a pretty good idea where he is and can take him out.

When someone knows your exact location it instantly gives them the advantage in theory if you are of equal skill. They should always prevail since they have more knowledge.

I don't think certain posters on this board or in the CoD community in general understand advantages, variables, nor map knowledge advantage.

Thats ur first mistake, u let them hear u while u walk into bomb territory...and for cases outside outside of bomb territory, ex. When
2 guys meet at a choke point and both hear each other, it makes things more interesting...more skill is involved

Sitrep allowed people to hear you from anywhere on the map if you weren't crouchwalking. On Bakara I could hear you FROM ANYWHERE and I could tell where you were walking and which direction you were facing. On sound alone. That's ridiculous. This isn't CS where everyone has a decent sound making system, and you have better balanced maps and you can hear your teammates just as loud.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#67BattleAxeRXPosted 11/3/2012 9:55:00 AM
I_Phade_I posted...
Can I just get something straight here.

Guy A has Dead Silence.
Guy B has Awareness.
Guy A can here hear guy B and guy B can hear guy A.

How is this unbalanced?

Derp, because Guy A is moving and Guy B is in a corner or crouch walking.
Guy A can't hear everybody. Guy B can.
Guy A is using a perk that lets him be silent, but it doesn't work.
Guy B is using a perk that lets him hear everyone, it always works.
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#68AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 10:03:48 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aerogah posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
thebest99 posted...

Sitrep allowed people to hear you from anywhere on the map if you weren't crouchwalking. On Bakara I could hear you FROM ANYWHERE and I could tell where you were walking and which direction you were facing. On sound alone. That's ridiculous. This isn't CS where everyone has a decent sound making system, and you have better balanced maps and you can hear your teammates just as loud.

Im pretty sure the sound is gonna be more balanced because everyone will at least have both perks on in snd at least
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#69Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 10:06:00 AM

So it's ok as long as the rest of the styles of LMGs got screwed. How wonderful your idea of balance is.

Second: I didn't get screwed I still prevailed, it was still a terrible misbalance that required so much effort, it wasn't really worth it.

Sorry, some of us didn't use silencers, sorry some of us didn't use thermal because we actually don't need a no-recoil scope to get kills.

If a game forces you to play a specific way to have a decent balance between effort and gain, the game is doing something wrong.

^ ?

Dude you make it sound like everyone uses SRP.

Also perks were meant to change the way people play the game.

If I know someone is using SRP, then I crouch-walk in areas that I think someone could be hiding in and throw a flash grenade using Recon (and let Recon do all the work for me), big deal. I've gotten plenty of hate-mail for using Recon. Whatever, I've learned a long time ago that people are never happy no matter what class you use.

Anywhoo glad to hear that you are great with LMGs... :)
---
#70Silver17Posted 11/3/2012 10:12:09 AM

I said it before and I'll say it again.

SRP=/=Ninja Pro (and I'm guessing that SRP is not gonna equal Awareness either)

Lets see what happens at launch...
---