Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#81zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 11:30:54 AM
Dropped $250 and another $130 for Senns and a mix amp, no regrets. I dkmt even play CoD that often anymore but the Senns have replaced my PC speakers for games, TV, and music on PC and the mix amp works fine as a straight up amplifier.

I agree that it's a big advantage but there are tons of people using the default Xbox mic who are way better than I am, and I' m not bad by any means.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#82AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 11:38:01 AM
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...
This is unrelated but they need to decrease bomb defuse time to ~3s

What? No. 5 seconds is perfect for pubs, maybe a little on the short side.

For Demolition.. maybe.

Its a 6 second defuse time, its pretty long if u think about especially when dead silence/ awareness will slow the game down.
---
Xbl: Exallent
Psn: Bazillions
#83angrybirdsdudePosted 11/3/2012 11:40:20 AM
Aerogah posted...
I guess none of you played CS from the 1.6- era...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.
My theory is that itll make snd better/more tactical

except that if a good player in CS is heard by a bad player he can beat him even being surprised, no issue at all. In CoD you die in 3 shots at 1000rpm and don't get a chance to turn on baddies in corners with sitrep.
---
spread the <3
#84AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 11:47:51 AM
angrybirdsdude posted...
Aerogah posted...
I guess none of you played CS from the 1.6- era...
Being able to hear each other wont break the game lol. Theres alot of other factors in play when ur playin snd. If youre smart, you have to take advantage of these variables in the game. For example, using the bomb when theres only a few players left on the field to lure out campers and such...bomb defending and planting will take more of an importance.
My theory is that itll make snd better/more tactical

except that if a good player in CS is heard by a bad player he can beat him even being surprised, no issue at all. In CoD you die in 3 shots at 1000rpm and don't get a chance to turn on baddies in corners with sitrep.

Meh, its almost the same. Maybe ull have a 20 percent chance to turn around real quick and kill ur attacker in cs.
Usually people who have thier backs turned against me not too far away are free kills.
---
#85BrockObamaPosted 11/3/2012 12:22:43 PM
Aerogah posted...
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...

For Demolition.. maybe.

Its a 6 second defuse time, its pretty long if u think about especially when dead silence/ awareness will slow the game down.

Did they switch it for Black Ops 2? I'm assuming that this game will be 5 second plant/5 second defuse like most of the other games.

Competitive gameplay is 7.5/7.5.
#86zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 12:30:00 PM
Aerogah posted...
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...

For Demolition.. maybe.

No. It's 5 seconds, plus about a quarter of a second to open the briefcase (that part only applies in MW games).

Lowering it is a terrible idea.

And you're also wrong about the CS thing. On PC in CS turning around is no big deal. Literally no time at all. And guns kill very slowly compared to CoD. turning on people is easy, skill outweighs the sound advantage in that game.
---
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#87AerogahPosted 11/3/2012 1:03:19 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Aerogah posted...
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...

For Demolition.. maybe.

No. It's 5 seconds, plus about a quarter of a second to open the briefcase (that part only applies in MW games).

And you're also wrong about the CS thing. On PC in CS turning around is no big deal. Literally no time at all. And guns kill very slowly compared to CoD. turning on people is easy, skill outweighs the sound advantage in that game.

No man i know what ur talkin about; unless your at a good distance or the other player sucks, its very difficult to turn and kill them. Even in close range chances are that u might get their health diwn to 10-20 without a kill.

And i still think that they should lower the defuse time a bit in bo2 cuz whoever plants the bomb has a huge advantage especially in cod maps where theres soo many corners to take cover in; this, also combined with ds/awareness.
---
#88DamageDealerzPosted 11/3/2012 1:17:41 PM
This whole discussion about Sitrep Pro is mind ****ing me. People either do not play Search and Destroy as their main game type or are absolutely clueless about how overpowered SRP is. I really can't wrap my head around this.
---
5/18/09 First_Prototype, 1/8/08 Hyperteen, 10/5/10 jayyedX, 3/7/11 Julian___Maze, 4/5/12 lukestarkiller4, all lost account bets and followed through
#89BrockObamaPosted 11/3/2012 1:18:21 PM
Aerogah posted...
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Aerogah posted...
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...

For Demolition.. maybe.

No man i know what ur talkin about; unless your at a good distance or the other player sucks, its very difficult to turn and kill them. Even in close range chances are that u might get their health diwn to 10-20 without a kill.

And i still think that they should lower the defuse time a bit in bo2 cuz whoever plants the bomb has a huge advantage especially in cod maps where theres soo many corners to take cover in; this, also combined with ds/awareness.

... that's the point of planting the bomb. You're SUPPOSED to have a significant comparative advantage by planting the bomb ... otherwise, there would be no reason to do it.

Good teams should win roughly 35-40% of their offensive rounds against an equally good opponent. When the bomb is planted, that number should jump to close to a 75-80% winning percentage.
#90zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 1:51:27 PM
Aerogah posted...
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Aerogah posted...
BrockObama posted...
Aerogah posted...

For Demolition.. maybe.

Defense has the advantage to begin with. They're closer to he bomb sites, all they have to do is wait for the opponents to get there. If the offense is good enough to get a bomb plant off they deserve at least 5 seconds of warning before they lose the round. Offense is at a disadvantage to start, of theyre skilled enough to turn the tide, they deserve the power shift.
---