Turns out sound whoring cannot be countered in the final build

#91Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/3/2012 5:40:14 PM
SeiferFC posted...
Guys, skill does not counter an 80+ dollar accessory. Try and understand this.

It's like telling a guy playing on a 20 inch SDTV to get better at seeing things in the distance to counter a guy playing on a 40 inch LED HDTV.

Fact of the matter is that things like TV's and headphones give an advantage.

It's a very minimal advantage, please do not try to make an argument that it's massive

Good headsets and a big tv does not automatically triple your performance, if anything, they're for enjoyability. I dropped 120-180 for my headset, I use it for everything, it's just great for playing games in general

If SND is destroyed from one perk, then I have to say that it sounds like a really awful and imbalanced gametype. I haven't heard of any one perk destroying a game mode in COD before SND in MW3 (OMA/DC combo in general).

SND pub games have been full of corner campers waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before MW3
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#92zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 5:43:40 PM
SeiferFC posted...

It's like telling a guy playing on a 20 inch SDTV to get better at seeing things in the distance to counter a guy playing on a 40 inch LED HDTV.

It's a very minimal advantage, please do not try to make an argument that it's massive

Good headsets and a big tv does not automatically triple your performance, if anything, they're for enjoyability. I dropped 120-180 for my headset, I use it for everything, it's just great for playing games in general

If SND is destroyed from one perk, then I have to say that it sounds like a really awful and imbalanced gametype. I haven't heard of any one perk destroying a game mode in COD before SND in MW3 (OMA/DC combo in general).

Stop kidding yourself. You're one of the better posters and I'd like to think you aren't delusional in this regard. Until Black Ops, a headset was a massive advantage. MW2 and CoD4 (Can't really speak for W@W), headsets were incredibly helpful. BO made standard footstep sounds smaller and soundwhoring was difficult without Ninja Pro. MW3 was the same way - footsteps were audible, but not insane - until the SitRep Pro buff. If footsteps are as audible with Awareness as they are in MW3 with SitRep, especially DSP footsteps, we're going to have problems.

I will agree that a large HDTV isn't a huge advantage. I've always felt that my aim was better on my 20" SDTV, even if seeing people was a bit harder.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#93zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/3/2012 5:45:48 PM

That's pathetic to say. Search is literally Counter Strike to a tee, but with CoD weapons and maps. In my opinion it's the best gametype (though I haven't seen any of BO2's new ones, if there are any). SRP didn't ruin just one perk in MW3 - it ruined all of them. The game is simply not enjoyable to play anymore. I'm at too much of an advantage if I use SRP, and if I don't I'm at too much of a disadvantage unless I happen to come across someone who is using it - and these days it's at least a few every few games.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#94SeiferFCPosted 11/3/2012 6:01:50 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
SeiferFC posted...

Did I say it was massive? No. The advantage is there and undeniable in most cases however. It isn't a free win but it makes things a hell of a lot easier for those already experienced with the game. If a player is terrible odds are it won't do **** to aid their game since they lack basic fundamentals. It doesn't give skill, it boosts it.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#95Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/3/2012 6:09:17 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

That's pathetic to say. Search is literally Counter Strike to a tee, but with CoD weapons and maps. In my opinion it's the best gametype (though I haven't seen any of BO2's new ones, if there are any). SRP didn't ruin just one perk in MW3 - it ruined all of them. The game is simply not enjoyable to play anymore. I'm at too much of an advantage if I use SRP, and if I don't I'm at too much of a disadvantage unless I happen to come across someone who is using it - and these days it's at least a few every few games.

Alright, alright, I'll concede, I didn't play very much of MW3, just because the map designs and spawning ruined the game for me.

But BLOPS footsteps aren't as huge as IW's programming.

I can't agree it's the best mode, pub games really destroyed the game type for me, it's way, WAY too much camping. I only truly loved SND in COD4, where sound whoring was at it's worst for players not using dead silence
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#96CallMeSeekerPosted 11/3/2012 6:13:05 PM
I_Phade_I posted...
Can I just get something straight here.

Guy A has Dead Silence.
Guy B has Awareness.
Guy A can here hear guy B and guy B can hear guy A.

How is this unbalanced?

Guy A can't hear other DS users
Guy B can hear everyone
Guy B is most likely sitting in a corner waiting for someone to pass by
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#97Smurf86Posted 11/3/2012 6:14:50 PM
TC is making a big deal out of nothing. The fact that he even cared about it means he's trying way too hard.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#98SeiferFCPosted 11/3/2012 6:20:15 PM
Smurf86 posted...
TC is making a big deal out of nothing. The fact that he even cared about it means he's trying way too hard.

Or he just wants it to be as fair as possible. SnD is filled with corner campers and because of the lack of killstreaks and explosives, it's abnormally quiet. You can literally hear a grenade pin rooms away. Soundwhoring is a problem.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#99cedieboldPosted 11/3/2012 6:21:03 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Honestly and truthfully this game is confirmed garbage until/unless they patch it.

Good, don't buy it, scrub.
---
PS3 - RP/Efed - Original CAWs Only - Join today!
www.niwa-online.com Been going strong since SVR06!
#100LittleBigFan98Posted 11/3/2012 6:24:09 PM
Deal with it.
Unless you are garbage at the game I don't see how you can't handle it.