When did COD become gaming's most hated franchise and why?

#1Sony_7Posted 11/4/2012 8:56:00 AM
Do you guys realize that pretty much every other gaming fan base ever hates on this game constantly? What warrants this? What can change this?
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#2DKryptonPosted 11/4/2012 8:57:47 AM
Because it's cool/hipster to hate something popular.
#3Akiba69Posted 11/4/2012 8:58:25 AM
Because of what it did to gaming. It made it lazy. Because of its success, many devs/pubs have tried to replicate it by trying to make their games incorporate similar elements. So many times you hear how X wants the CoD audience. They do this because they think its a sure thing, its sure to make them money. Look at what happened to RES 6. Also look at what they are doing to splinter cell.
---
Want a BF3 Premium code? PM me.
#4pwnater777Posted 11/4/2012 8:58:30 AM
After MW2, when everyone saw major similarities between Black Ops, MW2, and MW1.

It's been terrible ever since MW2, IMO.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#5Akiba69Posted 11/4/2012 8:59:11 AM
DKrypton posted...

And what we have here is someone who has no clue about gaming or the industry.
---
#6KabtheMentatPosted 11/4/2012 9:00:15 AM
Do you guys realize that pretty much every other gaming fan base ever hates on this game constantly? What warrants this? What can change this?

Yeah, but believe it or not most other gaming fanbases are full of bigger idiots and mouthbreathers than what's normally associated with CoD.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
#7DKryptonPosted 11/4/2012 9:12:21 AM
Akiba69 posted...
DKrypton posted...

And what we have here is someone who has no clue about gaming or the industry.

That was a generalization. And no, i don't know a whole lot about the gaming industry because i don't consider myself a gamer (other than for cod) I picked up cod for the first time last year and I've been enjoying it.
#8Jim_the_DrunkPosted 11/4/2012 9:16:50 AM
It's only the most hated because it's the most successful. I'm sure the fans outnumber the haters by a pretty wide margin, otherwise CoD wouldn't keep wiping the floor with other games (in terms of sales).
#9Erupt50Posted 11/4/2012 9:17:30 AM
DKrypton posted...

This. It's never cool to like something that's popular. This is true whether you're talking about video games, music,movies,etc. People seem to think that it shows they're smarter than the average fan if they hate something that's popular.

For example, you have alot of people on gamefaqs that are jrpg fans and have been buying rehashes of the same game for years and years(much longer than CoD has been around) yet they have no problem with it. It's cool though cause being a fan of jrpgs makes you an "intelligent gamer" and not a "sheep". The irony.....
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#10Akiba69Posted 11/4/2012 9:22:05 AM
Jim_the_Drunk posted...
It's only the most hated because it's the most successful. I'm sure the fans outnumber the haters by a pretty wide margin, otherwise CoD wouldn't keep wiping the floor with other games (in terms of sales).

Why is it so hard for people to understand something so simple.
There is a very very very slim number of people who hate things just because they are popular. That is what a hater is, it isn't exclusive to cod. But the vast majority of people who hate cod hate it because of what it is doing to the industry. And i agree with them. That doesn't mean it is CoDs fault however. The blame falls on the devs who opt to try to copy the formula instead of creating something unique and fresh. It is not hated because its popular. That is an incredibly stupid idea. It is hated because it has made gaming bland and dull. Creativity has gone out the window, so we are given simple, lack luster cod clones every year. That is the reason it is hated. Not because "hurr durr it popular XDD h8rs gun h8"
---