Scorestreak requirments possibly CHANGED

#101Faust_8Posted 11/5/2012 12:39:19 AM
I'm not quick to jump on the whiny train, but you have to admit, if we wanted multiplayer without much in terms of killstreaks, we could play Halo or something.

Killstreaks have become a core part of the game, and making ALL of them appear far less than usual seems anti-CoD.

Again, I'm only concerned/curious so far. Maybe this isn't true, maybe scores change per gametype, maybe we're just not accustomed to the new system and this actually isn't really a change.

But to say that every single person should not worry at all about this is pretty absurd.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#102KingSaulXIIIPosted 11/5/2012 1:05:16 AM
They should just change the amount of kills needed to 100 instead of 75.
---
PSN: Crucifixion13
#103zerooriginalPosted 11/5/2012 1:27:03 AM
I guess UAV is 350 instead of 375 to encourage less camping.
#104cwatz12Posted 11/5/2012 3:25:10 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I'm not quick to jump on the whiny train, but you have to admit, if we wanted multiplayer without much in terms of killstreaks, we could play Halo or something.

Killstreaks have become a core part of the game, and making ALL of them appear far less than usual seems anti-CoD.

To be honest this is a bit of a naive statement.

Keep in mind the issue isn't black and white. Its not "everyone has at ac-130 at the same time" or "no killstreaks". There is a theoretical slider for it.

if you ask me mw2 and 3 were both too heavy on killstreaks. BO was pretty decent, but still to many spyplanes if you ask me.

Making things a tad harder this time around (if thats even the case, we have to play it before we see) is potentially a good thing in my eyes.
#105adeelPosted 11/5/2012 4:36:01 AM
KingSaulXIII posted...
Scottydont19 posted...
What I don't understand is this. I've read how so many people believe CoD has become to "noob" friendly and has been catering to the more casual players, hence the reason why they also say CoD doesn't take skill. Now they raise values for score streaks, making it harder to get the high end ones. This means not just any casual or noob will be able to get them, and the better players out there will have something to work towards. I would think people would be happy about that, not upset that you now have to be a little better to get rewarded.

One thing I didn't like about MW3 was that good players could get multiple high end streaks in one game, and I don't know about anyone else, but it got kinda boring getting 2 reapers and ac-130s in one life, dying and then getting them both again in the next life. I'm not saying this happened every game, but did happen on occasion.

Honestly, I like the new values. It will give me something to challenge myself with. Work on getting a mid-level score streak, and when I can start getting that consistently, then start trying to get one with a little higher value. Then rinse and repeat.

You people don't listen. Its not that they are too high or we are complaining that it went too noob now its not noob enough, its that it gimps scorestreaks in tdm. In other game modes the score system is fine because its designed to work well with playing the objective, but in tdm the only objective is to kill, and not that much when split amongst 6 teammates.

Is it that hard to say Treyarch have changed it up now. You can tell before they started this game they wrote down a few key points on what they wanted this game to be about.

-Gun on Gun primarily.
-Less focus on killstreaks.
-More focus on team playing.

Oh boo hoo. Now you can't sit in your corner for a few 30 seconds to get that one last kill you need for that Helicopter. Not with how weak Ghost is and how overpowered UAV is. UAV spam means more red dots, means faster gameplay, means more excitement.

Higher killstreaks mean more teamwork, means more skilled playing, and objective points. In other words, they are literally rewarding the good players and forcing the bad players to become good to reap those awards.

The whole point of TDM is to run and gun and kill on the move. Not having your AC130/Reaper do all the work for you. How's that gun-on-gun? Sure it's harder, but it forces you to play better.
#106Linctagon7Posted 11/5/2012 4:38:44 AM
The people saying "yay gun on gun" are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

Halo 4 is more "gun on gun" than any COD can ever hope to be.
#107Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/5/2012 5:16:01 AM
This was like every COD players dream last year when MW3 came out. Less killstreak whoring and more game playing.

Mine, too. Like I said I hope this sticks cause the old system was garbage. Making everyone work a little harder and cutting down on OP streaks being ever present in the game is a good thing. If you can't play TDM without them then I feel bad for you, son.

You know how the rest goes :)
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#108Ick_ukPosted 11/5/2012 5:33:39 AM
SeiferFC posted...
Hopefully true.

Why was CoD4 so acclaimed, all the way to this day?

Gunplay.

Not "Camp in a corner to get Blackbird/Dogs/CG" play. Less emphasis on killstreaks is a godsend. Higher point requirements also means people will have to try harder in every aspect to get rewarded.

Only headglitching scrubs would hate this.

They gave you bear bones , guess what hardly anyone played it so you are in the minoirity wanting that

kill steaks is what keeps a lot of people playing COD take those away and you take away thier fun which makes them play less
#109darkstar1080Posted 11/5/2012 5:56:15 AM
@People saying this ruins TDM. ( Because only assist & kills count )

How so? This makes gun play of all team mates combined make a bigger difference. In other words, all players must do at least ok to win. Not like in MW3 where one guy gets his reaper, AC130, Osprey, and finishes 45-2. That player will now start finishing 20-3 or so. Forcing his team mates to get more kills.
---
RIP Mark Allen! A brother, and a best friend. Gone too soon.
December 20, 1995 - July 8, 2012.
#110fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:07:22 AM
@People saying this ruins TDM. ( Because only assist & kills count )

How so? This makes gun play of all team mates combined make a bigger difference. In other words, all players must do at least ok to win. Not like in MW3 where one guy gets his reaper, AC130, Osprey, and finishes 45-2. That player will now start finishing 20-3 or so. Forcing his team mates to get more kills.

You're assuming that randoms in TDM can be trusted to pull their weight. I lost count of how many times I've gotten 30+ kills with minimal deaths and still lost because my team was incapable to doing anything besides getting in my way.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone