Scorestreak requirments possibly CHANGED

#91xHailstonePosted 11/4/2012 10:01:45 PM
It's also encouraging you to run the streak which aid your team. Any time someone gets a kill while a UAV/CUAV you put up is in the air you'll receive a small amount of points for it. Things like blowing up enemy claymores and destroying enemy grenades with a trophy system all help too.
#92Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/4/2012 10:20:12 PM
This is good.

1700 points for Dogs?

That's brilliant. Especially if they're anything like dogs in Black Ops. More hp than human players, kill in 1 hit, and lunge from 10-15 in game feet away. Please let this be the one thing that stays for a while.

I like this more and more for TDM which is my gametype. All everyone ever wanted to do in BO is camp for Blackbird and eventually Dogs. It really ruined the gametype. I honestly don't think those streaks should even be allowed in TDM. TDM should be Team Death Match not Team Camp for Dogs Match.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#93BaseballtitanPosted 11/4/2012 10:20:48 PM
Can't they still change the amount of points one receives per kill in TDM? I mean, maybe they change it to 150 points per kill..
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#94Bad0CompannyPosted 11/4/2012 10:29:28 PM(edited)
A) You guys need to understand that you get way more points in the game so obvious the requirements need to be raised.
B) Kills from scorestreak A give you points towards scorestreak B, so that's even more points to get you to the next one.
C) The highest scorestreaks should be a reward for doing very good, something you get rarely, not every game.

In other words, quit your b*******.
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
#95Scottydont19Posted 11/4/2012 10:31:25 PM
What I don't understand is this. I've read how so many people believe CoD has become to "noob" friendly and has been catering to the more casual players, hence the reason why they also say CoD doesn't take skill. Now they raise values for score streaks, making it harder to get the high end ones. This means not just any casual or noob will be able to get them, and the better players out there will have something to work towards. I would think people would be happy about that, not upset that you now have to be a little better to get rewarded.

One thing I didn't like about MW3 was that good players could get multiple high end streaks in one game, and I don't know about anyone else, but it got kinda boring getting 2 reapers and ac-130s in one life, dying and then getting them both again in the next life. I'm not saying this happened every game, but did happen on occasion.

Honestly, I like the new values. It will give me something to challenge myself with. Work on getting a mid-level score streak, and when I can start getting that consistently, then start trying to get one with a little higher value. Then rinse and repeat.
#96KingSaulXIIIPosted 11/4/2012 10:39:39 PM
Scottydont19 posted...
What I don't understand is this. I've read how so many people believe CoD has become to "noob" friendly and has been catering to the more casual players, hence the reason why they also say CoD doesn't take skill. Now they raise values for score streaks, making it harder to get the high end ones. This means not just any casual or noob will be able to get them, and the better players out there will have something to work towards. I would think people would be happy about that, not upset that you now have to be a little better to get rewarded.

One thing I didn't like about MW3 was that good players could get multiple high end streaks in one game, and I don't know about anyone else, but it got kinda boring getting 2 reapers and ac-130s in one life, dying and then getting them both again in the next life. I'm not saying this happened every game, but did happen on occasion.

Honestly, I like the new values. It will give me something to challenge myself with. Work on getting a mid-level score streak, and when I can start getting that consistently, then start trying to get one with a little higher value. Then rinse and repeat.

You people don't listen. Its not that they are too high or we are complaining that it went too noob now its not noob enough, its that it gimps scorestreaks in tdm. In other game modes the score system is fine because its designed to work well with playing the objective, but in tdm the only objective is to kill, and not that much when split amongst 6 teammates.
---
PSN: Crucifixion13
#97Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/4/2012 10:41:44 PM
Scottydont19 posted...

That's what I'm saying. It now takes more effort to get the LOLstreak that destroys everyone and that is a good thing. But I bet you 10$ that someone else will see this and instantly say that people will camp more and the game will still cater to that playstyle.

What they don't know is that it always will cater somewhat to bad players. It has since MW2 and will continue to do so until COD dies.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#98AerotobiPosted 11/4/2012 11:24:58 PM
So, Orbital VSAT (Blackbird) at 1,200 and EMP at 1,300, huh?

Fun times aplenty in the near future, gentlemen.
---
Gamertag: Szi JC [MW3 100.0 W/L Club]
Current Playlist: Nothing.
#99Scottydont19Posted 11/4/2012 11:33:03 PM
KingSaulXIII posted...
Scottydont19 posted...

You people don't listen. Its not that they are too high or we are complaining that it went too noob now its not noob enough, its that it gimps scorestreaks in tdm. In other game modes the score system is fine because its designed to work well with playing the objective, but in tdm the only objective is to kill, and not that much when split amongst 6 teammates.

I listen just fine. All I'm reading is that some people are upset because score streaks wont get handed to them on a silver platter in TDM anymore.
#100Bad0CompannyPosted 11/4/2012 11:34:43 PM
KingSaulXIII posted...
Scottydont19 posted...

I listen just fine. All I'm reading is that some people are upset because score streaks wont get handed to them on a silver platter in TDM anymore.

This^
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.