Do you have a midnight release plan of action?

#41jjars898Posted 11/5/2012 8:22:07 PM
Sleep, sleep some more, go to school, totally ignore CoD trolls (like me) and fanboys.
---
"Mega Man power is the strength to fight! Those without strength don't evolve!" --Atlas, Mega Man Model F
#42Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/5/2012 8:24:22 PM
Solstice_ posted...
Eternal_Warlord posted...
Yeah I'm gonna sleep though it and get my copy the following morning or afternoon.

I was gonna go to midnight release but I preordered at the tiny gamestop in my area and they got so many hits that they want people to show up at 6 so they can assign them groups in a first come first serve basis. I really don't want to have to go there twice in the same day. There's also no way I'm gonna camp out for 6 hours either. If you thought camping in COD was boring imagine camping in line to get it. Unlike COD you can't kill the people that bug the crap out of you.

I don't know dude....if they can't organize a sale i dunno wtf.
Sounds like they just want people to be there and maybe start buying extra **** for being there so long. Extra money for them....could be a ploy for sales?

Yeah I don't know why but the manager told me this was how they were gonna do it. Kinda weird, though cause the only reason I know is cause I went there to pay it off this morning. This was never mentioned to me last month when I payed on it and asked about midnight release. I think I'll still go at like 11:30, hang out for about 45 minutes while the line dies down and just walk in with my receipt I got today and say "copy, please".

They don't lock the doors in between waves of customers so I honestly don't see how this could possibly work the way they want it to.

At MW3 release the martial arts store next door was trying to sell people hot cocoa. I though it was hilarious. I mean it's absurd for a martial arts store to stay open past midnight to try and sell hot cocoa to people. "What the hell, man!? No free throwing knife with purchase of hot cocoa? Weaksauce".
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#43SabianthPosted 11/5/2012 8:30:48 PM
I'll wait my turn for when it isn't $70-80
#44Bad0CompannyPosted 11/5/2012 8:34:56 PM
Go to the BO2 tournament at the local walmart with my brother at ten. Wreck some noobs, maybe win, maybe lose. When it gets to midnight, start the Steam download remotely while I wait in line with my brother. When he is done go home and play till 1pm, go to physics, get back home at 3 and play till 6:30, go to political science for a bit then leave early to go to a meeting about early college, get out at 9, and crash because I have highschool the next morning.
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
#45Bleach313Posted 11/5/2012 8:54:12 PM
Get it the next day after everyone is gone.

GS usually is always overstocked with COD's after it's release. I remember I went the next day after MW3 came out and they had like 40 copies behind the counter. Heck they said they had 4 used already. I even called before going and the dude said immediately "we'll have copies here all day we will not run out." So yeah I'm in no rush.

I NEVER stood in line for a game release anyway. I just go the next day, it's not like I need to be first to talk about the game because I don't care. I wouldn't even stand in line for a Tales of game, I just don't like it.
#46Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/5/2012 9:00:55 PM
It says on my receipt that preorders are held for 48 hours after release so whether I go on the day, the next day, or even the day after that they owe me a copy.

But I changed my mind. I'm gonna go at like 11:30 and just hang out in my car. The worst they could do is tell me to go to the back of the line which I'm gonna wait out anyway so screw that 6 PM group assigning thing.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#47jaoman9Posted 11/5/2012 9:51:59 PM
Sleep buy game wait till friends get home from their school/Work and then play.
#48ChaseBoistPosted 11/5/2012 11:17:06 PM
Bad0Companny posted...
Go to the BO2 tournament at the local walmart with my brother at ten. Wreck some noobs, maybe win, maybe lose. When it gets to midnight, start the Steam download remotely while I wait in line with my brother. When he is done go home and play till 1pm, go to physics, get back home at 3 and play till 6:30, go to political science for a bit then leave early to go to a meeting about early college, get out at 9, and crash because I have highschool the next morning.

Jesus what a nerd. What kind of idiot stays up that long?
#49Chop_ShopPosted 11/5/2012 11:31:19 PM
I live in a small city that has 2 Wal-Marts, 2 gamestops, and a best buy, not to mention a mejiars..I know both Wal-Marts are doing midnight releases, I'm sure best buy is, and I know 1 of the gamestops are...so I'm hoping I'm not going to be waiting these long hours people are talking about...
---
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927
#50whitepsychtigerPosted 11/5/2012 11:34:00 PM
I do,

Play Halo 4
---
GT: PhantomGenetics
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, MInecraft 360 Current Projects: Silicon Universe, Legend Among Legend A Legend Never Dies, it is only reborn