lol saiga 12

#41supertomato_13Posted 11/7/2012 4:11:03 PM
Akiba69 posted...
And so it begins. People bltching about shotguns being too over powered again. It's a shotgun, what else do you expect? They better not nerf them.

I do hope that's sarcasm.
---
GT: Bobby Corwen PSN: SUPER-TOMATO_13
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/SUPER-TOMATO_13
#42Ice WeaselPosted 11/7/2012 4:25:59 PM
zerooriginal posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
ZeroCharge posted...
ZeroCharge posted...
This pleases me. I didn't want another ****ing Striker.

The SAIGA isn't even close to MW 3's post-nerf Striker. Not many people are going to be using it.

I know. And it makes me happy. Like I said, I didn't want another ****ing Striker.

I have to admit I abused the crap out of that thing before they nerfed it big time, lol. I swear Treyarch hates shotguns.

KSG looks good though

I remember after Gamescom people were saying the KSG was horrible. Hopefully Treyarch tweaked it a bit.
#43TheOinkanatorPosted 11/7/2012 4:26:53 PM
Lol at people saying it looks fine.

The thing had a laser sight (steady aim) and probably had the longbarrel for better range and it even falls short of the MW2 akimbo Rangers range. Unlike the Rangers, this thing looks like it has crap damage to boot.

Can't wait to get knifed/hip-fired sprayed when I'm shooting this shotgun point-black at peoples faces.
---
Viewer discretion advised
#44Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 4:33:07 PM
supertomato_13 posted...
Akiba69 posted...
And so it begins. People bltching about shotguns being too over powered again. It's a shotgun, what else do you expect? They better not nerf them.

it's not :(
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#45MegaTape13Posted 11/7/2012 5:20:27 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
The gun looks fine imo, and I'm being completely serious.

The ranges shown in the video are very far for your typical semi-auto shotty in CoD. Within the usual shotgun range, it seems no worse than the BO SPAS. Given the RoF and capacity, it actually seems pretty decent, honestly. If you think a shotgun like that needs to be one-shotting at those ranges to be worth a damn, the problem is with you and how you use shotguns.

It reminds me a lot of the MW2 AA12.

sigh, again where did i say anything about expecting a 1hk?

whatever, i'll just use the 1400 rpm 4hk smg or the 900 rpm 3hk along with everyone else

there, balanced

That 'you' wasn't directed at you specifically. It was more a general general point.
And until shotguns get overhauled to perform perfectly consistently and predictably at various ranges, they aren't going to balanced to an extreme degree.

My point is that the Saiga does not look any worse than a typical CoD shotgun, and it won't be particularly difficult to use in pubs. Should it be buffed? Probably. But it's hard to tell from a video where it's not being played as it should. Given that plenty of people seem to perform well with the BO shotties and some of the ones in MW3 (not just alright -- well), I don't see the cause for concern.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#46Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 5:27:23 PM
it looks pretty bad, worse than the black ops spas (i don't recall needing 5 shots on average to kill people with it outside of knife range), and this is offline against bots that stand still and stare at you. I find it hard to believe it's going to somehow be better in an online environment with lag against competent opponents
---
All animals are equal,
But some animals are more equal than others.
#47cwatz12Posted 11/7/2012 5:37:14 PM
lolcharizard posted...
ZeroCharge posted...
This pleases me. I didn't want another ****ing Striker.

Given how bad the shotguns were in MW3, the striker was okay. The pp90m1 rapid fire was miles better than even pre-patch striker though.

All true.

Shotguns and snipers just "annoy" people because they have a chance for 1 hit kills where the player has no control over the outcome.

Also shotguns were beyond awful in mw3. The only reason something like the striker was remotely useful is because of how small/cluttered those maps were.
#48lolcharizardPosted 11/7/2012 6:09:52 PM
supertomato_13 posted...
Akiba69 posted...

Shotguns have never been OP as primaries. BO Spas, MW3 striker, and USAS were solid, but SMGs like the PP90M1 only had a slight disadvantage close range when compared to shotguns, but have much more range and are just far more versatile.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#49MegaTape13Posted 11/7/2012 6:22:05 PM
TheOinkanator posted...
Lol at people saying it looks fine.

The thing had a laser sight (steady aim) and probably had the longbarrel for better range and it even falls short of the MW2 akimbo Rangers range.

Wtf version of MW2 were you playing? Because the Ranger has like literally 1/3-1/4 the range shown in this video.

Alexanaxela posted...
it looks pretty bad, worse than the black ops spas (i don't recall needing 5 shots on average to kill people with it outside of knife range), and this is offline against bots that stand still and stare at you. I find it hard to believe it's going to somehow be better in an online environment with lag against competent opponents

I don't know what else to tell. The BO SPAS simply didn't have the range and/or power you seem to be remembering. I'm pretty sure it couldn't even touch the guy in that the final killcam.

For nearly every single kill in that video, the gun performed exactly as I would have expected it to given it's RoF and attachments. Everything seems entirely typical of a "weak" CoD shotgun. Literally the only kill that surprised me was at 4:00 when it took 4-5 shots to kill someone that should have 3 as far as I could tell, given the standards of past games and the Saiga's performance in the rest of the vid.

I fully expect the this gun to deal 25-15 damage x8, or something very similar. It really looks to me like a SPAS clone with just slightly more minimum damage, although it's a bit hard to tell with the Long Barrel.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#50Akiba69Posted 11/7/2012 6:24:29 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
supertomato_13 posted...
Akiba69 posted...

it's not :(

Meanwhile the very same people bltching about shotguns being powerful will go on to use weapons like the SWAT.

Shotguns are deadly up close, but at a distance they are worthless, like in this game. That is the pros and cons of using them. Nerfing them would be stupid, yet unfortunately it happens.
Shotguns should most always be a 1 hit kill when close. To think any different is foolish.
---
Want a BF3 Premium code? PM me.