lol saiga 12

#61nic1357Posted 11/7/2012 8:21:21 PM
video was obviously not made by a shotgun user.

the % of CoD players that use shotguns well, or even know the basics of shotguns in CoD, is very small.
#62Jnak6Posted 11/7/2012 8:31:07 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
it looks pretty bad, worse than the black ops spas (i don't recall needing 5 shots on average to kill people with it outside of knife range), and this is offline against bots that stand still and stare at you. I find it hard to believe it's going to somehow be better in an online environment with lag against competent opponents

I'd compare it to the HS10. While many people hated that gun, I thought it was really effective when used properly. The Saiga strikes me as an HS10 with a larger clip--and clip size was its downfall in BO. Watching the video, I saw several OHKs along with several 5 or 6HKs. If the HS10 had the same clip size, I bet we would have seen videos with that gun performing the same as the Saiga in this video. I'll take a HS10 Extended Mag all day long.
#63Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 8:33:06 PM(edited)
I have like 6000 kills with the Black Ops SPAS and that honestly looks like you'd get the same exact performance from the SPAS if you spam it inaccurately at that distance like a moron.

When he aimed right and was actually at shotgun range it killed in 2 shots maximum, something perfectly fine for a semi-auto with high fire rate and 14 shell capacity.

But still, time will tell. It is clear though that this video doesn't properly show its performance at all, so nobody should be taking cues from it.

i guess if shotgun range was ~200 units Outside of that it appears to take an average of 5 shots to kill with. The black ops spas does not take an average of 5 shots to kill people

Alexanaxela posted...
it looks pretty bad, worse than the black ops spas (i don't recall needing 5 shots on average to kill people with it outside of knife range), and this is offline against bots that stand still and stare at you. I find it hard to believe it's going to somehow be better in an online environment with lag against competent opponents

I'd compare it to the HS10. While many people hated that gun, I thought it was really effective when used properly. The Saiga strikes me as an HS10 with a larger clip--and clip size was its downfall in BO. Watching the video, I saw several OHKs along with several 5 or 6HKs. If the HS10 had the same clip size, I bet we would have seen videos with that gun performing the same as the Saiga in this video. I'll take a HS10 Extended Mag all day long.

they had that in black ops. It was the spas
---
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
#64Jnak6Posted 11/7/2012 8:32:19 PM
Kwizxx posted...
It looks like a single HS10 but with 14 rounds instead of 4. If you know how to shotgun, then this gun is perfectly doable.

This.
#65Faust_8Posted 11/7/2012 9:12:23 PM
i guess if shotgun range was ~200 units Outside of that it appears to take an average of 5 shots to kill with. The black ops spas does not take an average of 5 shots to kill people

It would if you used it like this guy used the Saiga.

Hell, who spams a shotgun at someone while standing in one spot? Who spams a shotgun while walking backwards?

This is the worst type of video to make any judgment on. Real shotgun users get closer first, aim better, and continue to get closer as they fire. It's like calling a sniper rifle crap after watching a video of a guy shooting at feet all day.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#66Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 9:38:27 PM
again i welcome you to look at the final killcam. Well within shotgun gun, and he's using a long barrel, and he gets 6 hitmarkers before the 7th shot kills. You've used the spas, you know it doesn't take anywhere near 5 shots on average to kill people at these ranges like this gun does
---
The alien mothership is in orbit here. If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
#67Dark_Dash99Posted 11/7/2012 9:46:22 PM
I was expecting it to be better because its pretty boss in BF3...then again all shotties are good in bf3..except the Usas
---
R- Executive-R
Ive got a curved sword. big. CURVED. SWORD.
#68Faust_8Posted 11/7/2012 9:47:49 PM
I know he fired 7 times but due to the quality of the video, I can't tell if he actually got 6 hitmarkers. I'm guessing he missed a bunch...like always.

Let's use Occam's Razor.

A) A noob who sprays first and aims later with a shotgun and knows nothing about the tactics required of shotgunning, missed a lot and failed to get into proper range making the gun look like crap.

B) Treyarch somehow made the worst semi-auto shotgun in all of CoD, despite their experience.

I'll let you pick which one makes fewer assumptions.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#69Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 9:52:41 PM
you can download the video and slow it down if you want to, 7 hitmarkers
---
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again;
But already it was impossible to say which was which.
#70Krazoa2Posted 11/7/2012 10:15:11 PM
TC (as well as the vid maker) is trolling to try to stop all the noobs from abusing this weapon like they did the Striker?