lol saiga 12

#71Q27Posted 11/7/2012 11:27:59 PM
Krazoa2 posted...
TC (as well as the vid maker) is trolling to try to stop all the noobs from abusing this weapon like they did the Striker?
#72Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/7/2012 11:53:54 PM
Watched final killcam about 4 or 5 times now in different resolutions and there's plenty of hitmarkers. Least 5 that I can accurately count.

But the range looks more suited for a pump shotgun like the 870 MCS. In the Gamescom videos where we witnessed the 870 MCS there was a final killcam for it at around the same range and it got like 2 or 3 hitmarkers before finally killing the victim. Judging from that it seems perfectly logical that a shotgun with a much higher RoF and more ammo could get 5 or even 6 from the same range for balancing issues.

And on top of that if I remember correctly the 870 MCS also had a laser sight and a long barrel as well so I still see no reason why this S12 can't be a good shotgun if used for the right purpose. Say, clearing rooms or in severe CQC where spamming is necessary.

Smaller more cluttered areas - S12
Larger maps with adequate cover - 870 MCS

Similar to the SPAS and Ranger from MW2.

Smaller more cluttered areas - Ranger
Larger maps with adequate cover - SPAS
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#73MG42_CHEFPosted 11/8/2012 12:28:14 AM
Majik25 posted...
Q27 posted...
Yeah, that is not how you use a shotgun.
Those were bots by the way.
Whoever made this video was trying to make it look bad, hipfiring from such long distances like an idiot.

You dont know how a shotgun works in real life, do you?

I am pretty sure everyone is thinking in CoD terms, at least I hope so...
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#74supertomato_13Posted 11/8/2012 3:46:48 AM
Eternal_Warlord posted...
Watched final killcam about 4 or 5 times now in different resolutions and there's plenty of hitmarkers. Least 5 that I can accurately count.

But the range looks more suited for a pump shotgun like the 870 MCS. In the Gamescom videos where we witnessed the 870 MCS there was a final killcam for it at around the same range and it got like 2 or 3 hitmarkers before finally killing the victim. Judging from that it seems perfectly logical that a shotgun with a much higher RoF and more ammo could get 5 or even 6 from the same range for balancing issues.

And on top of that if I remember correctly the 870 MCS also had a laser sight and a long barrel as well so I still see no reason why this S12 can't be a good shotgun if used for the right purpose. Say, clearing rooms or in severe CQC where spamming is necessary.

Smaller more cluttered areas - S12
Larger maps with adequate cover - 870 MCS

Similar to the SPAS and Ranger from MW2.

Smaller more cluttered areas - Ranger
Larger maps with adequate cover - SPAS

But the range & damage for both the Saiga & 870 are piss poor.

They're not balanced correctly at all.
---
GT: Bobby Corwen PSN: SUPER-TOMATO_13
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/SUPER-TOMATO_13
#75Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/8/2012 4:14:22 AM
I kind of agree. So far it looks very similar to MW3 shotgunning. As in inconsistent. I'll know for sure when the game comes out and I actually play it but right now I'm assuming it won't be too much more a problem than usual. Shotguns seem to be different every year, though. One year they're incredibly short distanced and the next they're almost snipers. So to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised if range sucks this time around. I just can't assume the negative yet without seeing more and better videos or playing it myself.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#76Scottydont19Posted 11/8/2012 4:36:21 AM
cwatz12 posted...
Not sure if its been mentioned but shotguns have a much tighter spread in this game when you ads.

In the video he wasn't adsing at all which is making it look worse than it probably is (though it still doesn't look good at all).

I think its gonna be a big gameplay change to shotguns where you cant just hip spray anymore.

Do you have a link to this info? I know this is not MW3, but in that game it was a tighter spread when you hip fired with steady aim than when you ADS. I actually hope you are correct though. To me it makes more sense that a SG would be better when you ADS over hip firing.