I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#11frogbongPosted 11/8/2012 7:32:56 PM
If someone has your number, sup or no, they have your number... other than the Galil I don't remember a gun being all that amazing with a sup
---
Psn- XBurningAngelX 360- XIAce0fSpadesIX
#12PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 7:39:45 PM
frogbong posted...
If someone has your number, sup or no, they have your number... other than the Galil I don't remember a gun being all that amazing with a sup

Please never again abbreviate suppressor as "sup".
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#13ThankMeNowBLEHHPosted 11/8/2012 7:39:56 PM
tc wants bullet drop from suppressors. bullet drop to cod transform this game to battlefield + 60fps
---
lol at definition of gfaqs mod
http://tinyurl.com/3frd8zd
#14RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/8/2012 7:40:37 PM
Masterpie3000 posted...
people always use the "it takes like 3 bullets to kill" thing during arguments on here

the average accuracy is probably under 20%, but giving you the BotD lets call it 20

that now means you gotta shoot 5 more bullets for that one extra hit on average, there are more factors that go into it, but its not just one less bullet in most situations

That accuracy isn't representative of shots in a active firefight though, which I know you said it wasn't all inclusive but I think it merits more than side note. It'll include some shots through walls, sniping attempts, general suppressing fire, blind fire, and shots that you took knowing you had little to no chance of killing the enemy but shot anyway simply because you had a suppressor and knew your cover wouldn't be blown. In an actual firefight I'd say the accuracy is probably upwards of 60-90% depending on the player.

Honestly my thought is that most weapons are used at their optimal range anyway so the suppressor doesn't really make that big of a difference there. Most players know what their actual level of skill enough to know if they will either hit or miss most of their shots at a given distance. There are people who know that certain shots just aren't going to happen and there is that guy who has absurd aim with his AR at distances you can hardly hit with a sniper. Either way the suppressor doesn't make a difference as player 1 passes up the shot if he's even aware of it, and player 2 just downs the enemy in two bursts which still takes less than a second.

Personally I think ARs should take a straight damage penalty of 5 to each distance's base damage. SMGs should have a shorter drop off similar to how it currently works. Sniper damage shouldn't really be changed with the new anti-sniping mechanics. I don't think pistols should have a change either as they typically already drop off soon enough.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#15slipknotrox765Posted 11/8/2012 7:41:43 PM
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING
---
GT: UPSEToPENGUINS
#16PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 7:41:53 PM
ThankMeNowBLEHH posted...
tc wants bullet drop from suppressors. bullet drop to cod transform this game to battlefield + 60fps

Dear god no. I just want the suppressors to actually have some form of drawback that isn't completely irrelevant when weighed against the advantage.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#17PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 7:43:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18CashDudeHomiePosted 11/8/2012 7:46:00 PM
40-30 guns with a suppressor should be nerfed to 30-20. And/or let Awareness users see their red dots on radar.

The noob tubes and thermal scanning scopes have counters, so why shouldn't suppressors? They are OP compared to the other attachments.
---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass
#19slipknotrox765Posted 11/8/2012 7:47:17 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
slipknotrox765 posted...
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING

STOP TAKING IT IN THE BACKSIDE FROM THE DEVELOPERS AND ACCEPTING IT WITHOUT COMPLAINT

You're an idiot.
---
GT: UPSEToPENGUINS
#20ThankMeNowBLEHHPosted 11/8/2012 7:49:12 PM
ThankMeNowBLEHH posted...

Dear god no. I just want the suppressors to actually have some form of drawback that isn't completely irrelevant when weighed against the advantage.

what would be the drawback? currently it has less range, maybe less damage requiring one or two more bullets to kill a guy? maybe using the suppressor decreases the accuracy?
---
lol at definition of gfaqs mod
http://tinyurl.com/3frd8zd