I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#21Faust_8Posted 11/8/2012 8:31:03 PM
ITT: Two-thirds range loss on an AR = barely noticeable.

Seriously TC, a silenced AR has SMG range.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#22tformers_gamerPosted 11/8/2012 8:40:53 PM
well theres more to trade off for a suppressor, which is why ive seen more of those 'pro' cod players running their guns loud in recent matches.

quickdraw, sleight of hand, thats all attachments now. so lets say you have a gun with bad iron sights and a slow reload, then you're gonna be using a red dot or other sights, and sleight of hand, now you gotta use a wildcard to get a 3rd attachment, now you gotta pick either quickdraw or suppressor for example. of course this isnt a route anyone MUST take, just an example. for myself though, quickdraw is a must if you're up against decent to good players.

with all of this freedom in the new pick 10 system, I think alot more people are gonna be running their guns loud anyways.
#23ZephyrSSXPosted 11/8/2012 8:42:45 PM
Faust_8 posted...
ITT: Two-thirds range loss on an AR = barely noticeable.

Seriously TC, a silenced AR has SMG range.

*Thinks of UMP, MP7 and PP90M1*
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#24SteveBobPosted 11/8/2012 8:56:21 PM
Why nerf the suppressor? Most other attachments have zero drawbacks.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#25Arcanine2009Posted 11/8/2012 8:59:21 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Yeah, kinda mad that in BO slapping a suppressor on your gun might as well of had no penalty.

Ballista, DSR, and XPR get no damage reduction with the suppressor in this game for some reason...
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#26BrockObamaPosted 11/8/2012 8:59:29 PM
Suppressed ARs in Black Ops = HORRIBLE.

You might get away with it in pubs, but try playing good people with a suppressor and watch what happens.

You''ll rarely get close enough to kill them. Having a 4HK at range compared to a 3HK is a pretty big difference. The 74u is even a 4HK at most ranges too.
#27Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/8/2012 9:03:14 PM
Silenced AR's were good in BLOPS? The only gun that seemed to get better with one was the Galil. Silencers were awful in BLOPS. The only guns in COD I've ever liked with a silencer was the TAR from MW2 and the Galil.

They just cripple guns too much to be worth it

The Famas was awful with a silencer
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#28PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:07:23 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

I've come to the conclusion that you never played BO.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#29tformers_gamerPosted 11/8/2012 9:12:42 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

I've come to the conclusion that you never played BO.

I dont recall EVER having a problem with suppressors on an assault rifle or SMG in black ops 1, BUT on an SMG, you definitely needed to pick your fights more tactically.
#30jumbocatPosted 11/8/2012 9:31:13 PM
At least in MW1 & 2 you were pretty much forced to use SP if you were running silencer. I hate how in BOps/MW3/BOps2 onwards you can use the stealth perk and a silencer without any major drawback.
---
ED
AC