I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#41Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/8/2012 10:53:20 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Red dot on a FAMAS? Are you kidding me?

The only way to waste an attachment slot more is to equip Thermal or something. If you can't use the iron sights on the Black Ops FAMAS you just need to put Call of Duty down.

It's especially embarrassing when they Warlord the red dot and suppressor. I mean, now there's not even muzzle flare and they still can't use the irons. Giving up Sleight of Hand or Hardened for that...just...wow.

And this.

I think said poster is trying to do a : (argument.)

"well I met this one guy who used ___ and ___ so therefore said attachment is the best set up EVAR!"
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#42rcdude1990Posted 11/8/2012 11:02:34 PM
im playing it now

suppresor take 2 squares away from range and 1 square away from damage
#43xXYOLOx420XxPosted 11/8/2012 11:04:00 PM
rcdude1990 posted...
im playing it now

From what I've experienced. . .

In-game stats are lie.
#44Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/8/2012 11:08:49 PM
xXYOLOx420Xx posted...
rcdude1990 posted...
im playing it now

From what I've experienced. . .

In-game stats are lie.

Although I know it's true.

>.>

It's a conspiracy to mess with our minds.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#45Top_BlokePosted 11/8/2012 11:09:18 PM
I always use a silencer, never use red dot.

Mostly I have ext mags +silencer on am AR.

Kd of 2.5, doesn't affect me.

No gun attachments have drawbacks except the silencer, what more could you want done?
#46PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:12:13 PM(edited)
Let me recap what I think needs to be done:

- The range drop off penalty is fine, as according to Denkirson's stat charts the range at which your gun does full damage is around a third of what it would be otherwise

The problem? Minimum damage is still way too high for this to matter. (ex. the Famas does 35 before drop off but falls to 25 at min range, so it goes from 3 shots to kill to 4)

The solution? Keep the current range penalty but have suppressors lower the minimum damage. This will at least penalize weapons with extremely high RoF's at range and encourage the play style suppressors are meant to entail - CQC.

*This is all based off BO data and how it might carry over to BO2
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#47cwatz12Posted 11/8/2012 11:19:30 PM(edited)
PathlessBullet posted...

The solution? Keep the current range penalty but have suppressors lower the minimum damage. This will at least penalize weapons with extremely high RoF's at range and encourage the play style suppressors are meant to entail - CQC.

You can't make it overly punishing or you make it unusable.

It might be feasable if you kept its max damage intact up until damage drop off (the normal range of the weapon without a silencer) but make it drop to 5 hits instead of 4.
#48PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:19:27 PM
cwatz12 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

It's not unusable though. It just encourages you not to be a stealth clown and not be undetectable shooting across the map.
---
#49cwatz12Posted 11/8/2012 11:22:13 PM(edited)
PathlessBullet posted...
cwatz12 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

It's not unusable though. It just encourages you not to be a stealth clown and not be undetectable shooting across the map.

If you put the range penalty PLUS a damage penalty noone would ever use it. Never. Dropping the damage would be fine, IF they kept the range intact.

You seem to also be missing the point that you have to benefit from putting an attachment on a weapon. Your suggestion makes a silencer worse than a gun without it.
#50PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:23:00 PM
cwatz12 posted...
If you put the range penalty PLUS a damage penalty noone would ever use it. Never.

No, rushers would use it over campers then since you would have to be up close to kill at maximum efficiency.
---