I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#51xXYOLOx420XxPosted 11/8/2012 10:27:53 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
cwatz12 posted...
If you put the range penalty PLUS a damage penalty noone would ever use it. Never.

No, rushers would use it over campers then since you would have to be up close to kill at maximum efficiency.

You are base your claim on that CoD players will use logic and reasoning.

Lol@U.
#52cwatz12Posted 11/8/2012 10:29:20 PM
Its more attractive to a rusher than a camper in that case, but NOT using a silencer would be more attractive to both.

Hell if you watch pro players they barely use silencers as it is.
#53PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 10:31:14 PM
cwatz12 posted...
but NOT using a silencer would be more attractive to both.

I don't think so. Remaining off the radar is a biggie.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#54Scottydont19Posted 11/8/2012 10:33:35 PM
xXYOLOx420Xx posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
cwatz12 posted...
If you put the range penalty PLUS a damage penalty noone would ever use it. Never.

No, rushers would use it over campers then since you would have to be up close to kill at maximum efficiency.

Lol@U.

You really don't have room to laugh at him seeing as how you have both yolo and 420 in your name.
#55xXYOLOx420XxPosted 11/8/2012 10:35:30 PM
Scottydont19 posted...
xXYOLOx420Xx posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
cwatz12 posted...

Lol@U.

You really don't have room to laugh at him seeing as how you have both yolo and 420 in your name.

I. . . I lost a bet. . .
#56ThankMeNowBLEHHPosted 11/8/2012 10:35:49 PM
QuiKSc0PingXxXxXxY0L0xXxXxHiFeRxXxXxX42OxXxXxXxXxX1337
---
lol at definition of gfaqs mod
http://tinyurl.com/3frd8zd
#57SchaerMannPosted 11/8/2012 10:37:19 PM
Hold on. People actually think that using a suppressor in a firefight has a negative quality to it?

That is both hilarious and depressing. The purpose of a suppressor is to give a tactical advantage. There is no range or damage decrease to the weapon with a suppressor attached; on the contrary, the slight increase in barrel length a suppressor gives does the precise opposite, though it's not generally noticeable.

I understand it's a game and things need "balance", but I can't understand why Treyarch (or other FPS devs) decide to balance the game by looking at the laws of physics and saying, "Well, screw this lot, and we're going to modify the hell out of these others until only gravity is genuinely recognizable, and that's only because people would notice their characters floating in midair or walking on walls in sequences meant to be on Earth."

There's balance, and then there's... whatever the hell I've just described is called (my personal vote is insanity).
---
Now Playing: A poverty-level unemployed restaurant worker on the original reality program: Life
Waiting for: A positive response on a job interview
#58Halo_ForeverPosted 11/8/2012 10:38:08 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

It's not a fact. The Famas silencer was far inferior to red dot and extra mags.

I'll never forget getting my ass kicked the hardest against a guy using the red dot. He was godly

Red Dot? Seriously? BO had small enough maps that at least with my playing style the Silencer penalty didn't even exist. I skipped spamming it solely out of courtesy.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#59xXYOLOx420XxPosted 11/8/2012 10:42:47 PM
SchaerMann posted...
Blah, blah, blah. . .

I hear tell from a semi-reliable source that bullets passing through a sound suppressor lose velocity, making them travel slower, impacting at slower speeds over range, making them do less damage once they do impact.

Force = Mass x Velocity. Or something along those lines. . .

Just so you know, that source is Wikipedia.

"A suppressor is usually a metal cylinder with internal mechanisms to reduce the sound of firing by slowing the escaping propellant gas and sometimes by reducing the velocity of the bullet".
#60SchaerMannPosted 11/8/2012 10:56:55 PM
xXYOLOx420Xx posted...
SchaerMann posted...
Blah, blah, blah. . .

I hear tell from a semi-reliable source that bullets passing through a sound suppressor lose velocity, making them travel slower, impacting at slower speeds over range, making them do less damage once they do impact.

Force = Mass x Velocity. Or something along those lines. . .

Just so you know, that source is Wikipedia.

"A suppressor is usually a metal cylinder with internal mechanisms to reduce the sound of firing by slowing the escaping propellant gas and sometimes by reducing the velocity of the bullet".

That is very nice to hear. Wikipedia is mostly wrong. Yes, it uses specially-vented chambers to lessen the report, but anyone who uses the other sort is either using the only options available or they don't know better. If you're using a suppressed weapon, the odds are greater than average that it's firing low-velocity rounds; if you use a suppressor that slows the projectile in addition, you have a weapon which is generally referred to as "a limp d**k".
---
Now Playing: A poverty-level unemployed restaurant worker on the original reality program: Life
Waiting for: A positive response on a job interview