I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#71TheohazardPosted 11/9/2012 6:26:42 AM
SchaerMann posted...
Perfectly true, if incomplete, Theo.

Just out of curiosity, what stood out to you specifically as being incomplete?
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#72Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 8:29:07 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Red dot on a FAMAS? Are you kidding me?

The only way to waste an attachment slot more is to equip Thermal or something. If you can't use the iron sights on the Black Ops FAMAS you just need to put Call of Duty down.

It's especially embarrassing when they Warlord the red dot and suppressor. I mean, now there's not even muzzle flare and they still can't use the irons. Giving up Sleight of Hand or Hardened for that...just...wow.

Are you kidding me, dude?

Do you guys not watch any of the pro players on a really boring day? Did you guys notice how they didn't use extended mags, silencers or fast mags?

Red dot is the BEST attachment on the Famas. PERIOD. No one said the Famas had bad iron sights, it just provided pin point accuracy

And don't give me that, "You're some low KDR player", our stats were similar in BO last I remembered

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at the guys saying a Famas with a silencer was the best. It really, really wasn't

I didn't personally use red dot on my Famas, because I pub stomped in groups with my friends, but for competetive gameplay, the red dots the best
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#73DarkemastePosted 11/9/2012 8:52:36 AM
Pfft, no love for the r3flexx sight?

(not that I used it often, but I actually preffered it over the rds)
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
Occupy Sesame Street
#74AlexanaxelaPosted 11/9/2012 9:10:06 AM
anyway people th silencer has already been needed. You have to spend a point on it now and it literally has to compete with everything else in the game you can choose from
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#75Faust_8Posted 11/9/2012 9:12:08 AM
The iron sights have pinpoint accuracy too. That's the point. The red dot makes nearly no difference to someone comfortable with the FAMAS (and given how those "pros" probably have 10,000 more kills with the FAMAS than anything else, that SHOULD describe how they feel about the FAMAS).

Why not just slap on Dual Mags? More ammo to spray and/or get killstreaks, lets you reload even faster half the time.

Trust me, there are some weapons where I could at least understand why "pros" would want the sight. But the FAMAS isn't one of them. There is pretty much no situation that I can think of where I'd be like "dammit I wish I had a sight!" on that gun. Dual Mags or ExMags make much more of a difference.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#76Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 9:22:08 AM
Faust_8 posted...
The iron sights have pinpoint accuracy too. That's the point. The red dot makes nearly no difference to someone comfortable with the FAMAS (and given how those "pros" probably have 10,000 more kills with the FAMAS than anything else, that SHOULD describe how they feel about the FAMAS).

Why not just slap on Dual Mags? More ammo to spray and/or get killstreaks, lets you reload even faster half the time.

Trust me, there are some weapons where I could at least understand why "pros" would want the sight. But the FAMAS isn't one of them. There is pretty much no situation that I can think of where I'd be like "dammit I wish I had a sight!" on that gun. Dual Mags or ExMags make much more of a difference.

Faust, I'm really convinced you haven't watched many pro games for BLOPS. The Famas and red dot was used the most. They didn't use extended mags too much either

I bet if you looked up some old games for pro players playing BLOPS, they'd all have the Famas+red dot combo

The ironsights are great on the Famas, but the red dot is going to be more accurate. I personally used dual mags all the time on the Famas.
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#77r3flexxPosted 11/9/2012 10:42:11 AM
Darkemaste posted...
Pfft, no love for the r3flexx sight?

(not that I used it often, but I actually preffered it over the rds)

:/

^
---
PSN: xFinland(SP games)/l-r3flex-l(MP games)
oh sheesh y'all, 'twas a dream!
#78DarkemastePosted 11/9/2012 11:08:58 AM
^
I was hoping you would remember me from that other thread. :p
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
Occupy Sesame Street
#79BrockObamaPosted 11/9/2012 3:45:01 PM
Faust_8 posted...

FAMAS with the Red Dot is standard for competitive play. Dual Mags/ExMags just aren't useful in competitive play, because people don't miss. You aren't generally going to get a reload unless the other team messes up and fails to clean you up after you shoot.

FAMAS with Red Dot
Python Speed Reloader

Lightweight Pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Only legitimate way to play. 74u also has a niche use on certain maps.
#80fatclemenzaPosted 11/9/2012 3:50:47 PM

Extended mags is somewhat redundant since SoH Pro was standard issue. When it comes to the sight, what would you rather have when engaging somebody who has a headglitch position; the blue dot RDS that has a clear picture and a tiny dot, or the irons that have that much more clutter? I know it sounds kinda ridiculous, but these things can make a difference.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone