I hope the suppressor actually has a drawback in this one

#81Faust_8Posted 11/9/2012 7:01:21 PM
You're right, I don't watch pro matches, and I have no desire to. I haven't seen a single one.

I just plain don't see the logic behind the RDS on a gun that has excellent sights for free.

No ExMags because they don't miss? What if you run into more than 2 enemies in a short amount of time?

Even if there isn't much point to the other attachments in a super-duper competitive game, I just can't understand why the RDS would have more of a point. Somebody mentioned headglitching--it's worth using the RDS just for the few times somebody headglitches? Why not just grab the grenade launcher to explode headglitchers into oblivion? (Since apparently Lightweight is the "only way" it'll work.) Because it has other uses as well, for any time they're in a group or behind cover.

Of course I just realized the tube is probably banned. :/

Anyway, seeing as most of the attachments don't matter much, it just seems like ExMags or Dual Mags would matter a bit more than RDS, which doesn't even improve your gun in any way.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#82DarkemastePosted 11/9/2012 9:27:56 PM(edited)
@Faust_8~

You aren't going to win against these elitists; you might as well be trying to convince a ghost/assassin camper to move away from his corner. :s

I personally don't mind using irons for most guns, and I would actually be much, much more impressed by someone not using any attachment at all instead of a rds in regard to "competitive" gameplay. (aren't these suppose to be viewed as some of the best players?)

Honestly, if I were to use any sight at all I would prefer one with added zoom/potential range, I mean what would be the point of anything else if I am already very comfortable/accurate with the irons?
I think they just use an attachment because they feel like they need to use an attachment.

I can also understand the noob-tube being banned, but did they ban the masterkey too?
Because that's pretty much the only attachment I would actually consider if I was playing competitively, which would obviously mean I would have to use irons.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
Occupy Sesame Street
#83Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/9/2012 9:48:02 PM
You wouldn't catch me dead using a sight on the Famas from BO or even the M14 from COD4 or MK14 from MW3 except for challenges. Red dots are just that, a dot. It's a distraction and in many cases the dot can screw up shots at distance cause of how big it is. My personal preference anyway. It's rational, conservative and more beneficial for me in these games.

I don't care what "pro" players do so don't even bother mentioning pros to me as you will be ignored. Just stating an opinion like every other jerk in this thread lol.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#84Scottydont19Posted 11/9/2012 11:48:34 PM
I would have to agree with Faust on this. If I use a gun with good irons, then a sight seems like a wasted attachment to me. That's why I'm actually excited about this game because from all the footage I've watched, most of the guns have really good irons and ill be able to throw on 3 attachments that will benefit me more than a RDS.

I'm not saying that a RDS is a bad choice on some guns, but the famas had good irons, and just because pros used a RDS doesn't mean its the best choice.
#85KarnRX78Posted 11/9/2012 11:49:41 PM
Why is this board still talking about this?
#86BrockObamaPosted 11/11/2012 10:14:52 AM
Scottydont19 posted...
I would have to agree with Faust on this. If I use a gun with good irons, then a sight seems like a wasted attachment to me. That's why I'm actually excited about this game because from all the footage I've watched, most of the guns have really good irons and ill be able to throw on 3 attachments that will benefit me more than a RDS.

I'm not saying that a RDS is a bad choice on some guns, but the famas had good irons, and just because pros used a RDS doesn't mean its the best choice.

"Good irons" is irrelevant. We're talking about highly competitive play, in which every possible advantage matters. It's not a question of whether the iron sights are good enough. It's a question of whether the irons are inferior, superior or equal to the RDS.

RDS allows for better accuracy on a consistent basis. You're also not going to clean up 2 skilled guys in a 1v2 in Call of Duty almost ever. Usually, you won't even get one kill in that situation. Good players tend to avoid 1v2 situations when possible. We're talking about GOOD players here. If you're in a 1v2, you may get one guy, but you aren't going to get both, and you definitely aren't going to get both often enough to warrant using ExMags or Dual Mags.
#87TheohazardPosted 11/11/2012 10:21:40 AM
Theohazard posted...
SchaerMann posted...
Perfectly true, if incomplete, Theo.

Just out of curiosity, what stood out to you specifically as being incomplete?

I didn't think you actually had anything there...
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#88SteveBobPosted 11/11/2012 11:11:45 AM
"Good irons" is irrelevant. We're talking about highly competitive play, in which every possible advantage matters. It's not a question of whether the iron sights are good enough. It's a question of whether the irons are inferior, superior or equal to the RDS.

This and no iron sight has ever been as good as an RDS. It gives you a clear view 360 degrees around your target, irons don't.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104