Halo:CE gave CoD its core gameplay and thus, Black Ops 2 already has Halo stuff.

#21DolphLundgrennnPosted 11/8/2012 10:10:44 PM
BrooklynsOwn posted...
GoldenEye is what opened the flood gates for FPS multiplayer.. everybody seen how fun it can be.. if done correctly.. i mean i remember playing 4 player splitscreen matches all night long at sleep overs every weekend.. such great game modes.. rockets only.. slappers only.. one hit kill.. man with the golden gun.. power weapons.. plus great maps... complex.. library.. facility.. temple.. awww man.. you can close off part of the maps.. or open it entirely.. secret door ways to sneak up behind.. placing proximity mines on the other side of the door ways... awww man..

whoever said GOLDEN EYE is boring.. never actually played it in its hay day.. when it was the top of the line graphics.. gameplay.. etc.. that game was classic.. no way to explain it.. the first time my friend got it.. i saw it and was so hooked..

this basically. Back when we still had dial up and no online consoles, GE was the shiitake. You can't understand it if you've never lived it.
#22BrooklynsOwnPosted 11/8/2012 10:11:15 PM
Dam.. this topic is going to make me buy a N64 now.. WCW vs NWO Revengen... lol.. Perfect Dark.. Zelda.. Mario Wold.. the Mario Kart was fun too.. 4 player split screen... that system was the peak of nintendo.. never really got into gamecube and stuff after that..
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..
#23BrooklynsOwnPosted 11/8/2012 10:22:58 PM
DolphLundgrennn posted...
BrooklynsOwn posted...
GoldenEye is what opened the flood gates for FPS multiplayer.. everybody seen how fun it can be.. if done correctly.. i mean i remember playing 4 player splitscreen matches all night long at sleep overs every weekend.. such great game modes.. rockets only.. slappers only.. one hit kill.. man with the golden gun.. power weapons.. plus great maps... complex.. library.. facility.. temple.. awww man.. you can close off part of the maps.. or open it entirely.. secret door ways to sneak up behind.. placing proximity mines on the other side of the door ways... awww man..

whoever said GOLDEN EYE is boring.. never actually played it in its hay day.. when it was the top of the line graphics.. gameplay.. etc.. that game was classic.. no way to explain it.. the first time my friend got it.. i saw it and was so hooked..

this basically. Back when we still had dial up and no online consoles, GE was the shiitake. You can't understand it if you've never lived it.

Yea man.. going to character select.. everyone raced for odd job lol..
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..
#24Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 10:25:25 PM
SteveBob posted...
Halo 2 established online console multilayer

This is the most stupid part of the entire topic.

Either way, Halo didn't bring anything worthwhile to console FPS that wasn't already in other games. IMO it's overrated trash.

That doesn't change objective facts. Halo 2 solidified Xbox Live as the top online gaming service and showed it can survive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox#Xbox_Live

"In July 2004, Microsoft announced that Xbox Live had reached one million subscribers; in July 2005, membership reached two million,"

darealest47 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Regenerating health.
One touch melee.
One touch grenades.
Two weapon system controlled by one button.

Halo 2 established online console multilayer along with emblems and perks.

Halo 3 introduced Theater and Screenshots.

So to everyone saying "lol it would be funny if CoD got Halo stuff, since Halo got CoD stuff", you're behind, bro.

Goldeneye > Halo
You're behind bro

Facts > Opinions

GoldenEye brought zero, count em, ZERO of the features listed.
#25BrooklynsOwnPosted 11/8/2012 10:34:36 PM
But why is halo 4 more like Halo of duty 4 Spartan ops then?... yea its Halo.. but it took a lot from COD because COD took its spot.. its now playing catch up and doing what they can to keep up..
---
#26Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 10:43:13 PM
BrooklynsOwn posted...
But why is halo 4 more like Halo of duty 4 Spartan ops then?... yea its Halo.. but it took a lot from COD because COD took its spot.. its now playing catch up and doing what they can to keep up..

CoD was given the spot is a more accurate statement. Reach was a pile of ****.

Why was CoD 2 more like Call of Halo 2? Every game, good or bad, benefits the genre as a whole. Deal with it man.
#27Saizen13Posted 11/8/2012 11:50:01 PM
nath999 posted...
Was Halo the first FPS game you ever played?

This
---
http://www.youtube.com/Saizen13
#28brakilvertPosted 11/8/2012 11:58:43 PM
Didnt halo just steal custom classes and killcams by that logic?
---
PSN - Num1soldier
XBL - Num1soldierx
#29tacohashiPosted 11/9/2012 12:03:27 AM
darealest47 posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
darealest47 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Regenerating health.
One touch melee.
One touch grenades.
Two weapon system controlled by one button.

Halo 2 established online console multilayer along with emblems and perks.

Halo 3 introduced Theater and Screenshots.

So to everyone saying "lol it would be funny if CoD got Halo stuff, since Halo got CoD stuff", you're behind, bro.

Goldeneye > Halo
You're behind bro

GoldenEye is crap, like Perfect Dark. No one even plays PDHD despite all claims of GE and PD being so amazing.

The games are old guys. It's OK to admit they're outdated crap.

You can tell when somebody is born in the late 2000s when they say bogus crap like this lol

First of all, "late 2000s"? lol

Anyway, I was born in 89 and I agree with him.
---
XBL: Original RedBox
#30Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:42:09 AM
brakilvert posted...
Didnt halo just steal custom classes and killcams by that logic?

In the same sense CoD "stole" the features Halo:CE had.