Let's discuss our feelings about BO 2 now, and then predict future feelings.

#11BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:48:26 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
Before BO2: Careful optimism, I am expecting flaws but I hope that Treyarch has managed to make a decent campaign, zombies and MP. And if the MP sucks online I can play against bots.

After BO2:

There will probably be something that I will really hate there, my money is on Bouncing Betties or HunterKillers right now.

BrownPack posted...

No offense, but BO1's netcoding was sound to you? I don't think it was sound to anyone...

Black Ops was at least consistent, if I was lagging I was lagging, not bouncing around from lagcomp godmode to a full sec lag.

Black Ops had bad lag. MW3 had bad lag compensation. I'd say Black Ops' lag just slightly edges out MW3's lag comp because at least with the lag, I can compensate for it by continuing to aim my shots at the enemy. MW3's compensation gets me killed before I can even react, which is even worse.

But then again, I really didn't like how BO didn't feel as smooth as MW3. The engine of MW3 is so much better, but the lag comp more than pisses me off enough to not enjoy it.

I guess BO wins just by a hair.

KarnRX78 posted...
I personally don't know anyone who hates MW2. Myself included, it is a shame IW didn't have the same kind of support that Treyarc had for BO1. If IW reduced some of the shenanigans the game would have been nearly perfect. At least MW2's problems were just shenanigans, not flaws in the actually game.

While the netcode in BO wasn't as good as MW2, it was still consistant. Good host, good connection, poor host poor connection.

MW3 is just garbage.

For BO2 I'm cautiously optimistic. Treyarc is saying the right things, and it seems so far the game is representing that. Like being able to patch things without having to go through the certification of Sony and MS. Treyarc is trying to make that jump that CoD4 did from CoD2. If it works BO2 will breath new life into the series.

After BO2, just same old CoD as before.

Yeah, me and all of my friends still think MW2 is the overall best current CoD. The performance of that game's mechanics is easily far superior to all the others, the graphics remain the best still, and we learned to tolerate what most people consider BS tactics. From a technical standpoint, MW2 is still the best. From a "shenanigans" standpoint like you said, it can be kinda on unstable grounds. BO on the other hand had less shenanigans, but it was just technically inferior in multiple ways.

MW3 just took MW2, crumpled it, sprinkled on some bits of Black Ops, then fried it all together and released it before it was even done.

I really want to be optimistic about BO2. And I am, but cautiously, just as you are. I put full faith into Treyarch to make BO the game that completely rewrites what CoD is, and to be the straight up better game. I realized within half of the year that it wasn't as good. But hey, that's better than MW3, where I realized it wasn't good within a month.
#12beerhammer1Posted 11/9/2012 10:53:21 AM
I am cautiously optimistic- Didn't really like Blops but thought it was way better than the steamy pile known as W@W- hoping they kept improving on their product and this one will be awesome!!
#13Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 10:55:12 AM
MW3 wasn't just a bad COD, it was a bad game. The only reason so many played it was because it coasted off the previous franchise history, along with all their friends playing it. The only big FPS to come out was BF3, which is a very different game

I think the wildcard setup is the right step, it adds more to gun on gun gameplay with more variety

I'm a little wary of the bad hit detection, weapons and maps after MW3 though
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#14LeQuack147Posted 11/9/2012 1:56:52 PM
Now- "Ok, Treyarch might stumble on weapon balance again, but seem more eager to tweak the game as time goes on, seeing as they touted how easy it is for them to change things. Ghost doesn't work for corner campers anymore, and killstreaks seem less spammable. As long as they don't carry over MW3's 'Die, and then spawn in front on an enemy to die again' system, this may turn out pretty good."

Then- "Ugh, why does the community always insist on using the same damn guns?"
---
Your parents must've been killed by quickscopers or something. And then put into a trickshot montage. -SullyTheStrange
#15trakrunr4evrPosted 11/9/2012 2:04:06 PM
Halo_Forever posted...
Before BO2: Careful optimism, I am expecting flaws but I hope that Treyarch has managed to make a decent campaign, zombies and MP. And if the MP sucks online I can play against bots.

After BO2:

There will probably be something that I will really hate there, my money is on Bouncing Betties or HunterKillers right now.

BrownPack posted...

No offense, but BO1's netcoding was sound to you? I don't think it was sound to anyone...

Black Ops was at least consistent, if I was lagging I was lagging, not bouncing around from lagcomp godmode to a full sec lag.

Didn't they say Flak Jacket protects you against Hunter Killer killstreak? Not sure if that is accurate or not, just what I heard.
#16KarnRX78Posted 11/9/2012 2:06:26 PM
Yeah, me and all of my friends still think MW2 is the overall best current CoD. The performance of that game's mechanics is easily far superior to all the others, the graphics remain the best still, and we learned to tolerate what most people consider BS tactics. From a technical standpoint, MW2 is still the best. From a "shenanigans" standpoint like you said, it can be kinda on unstable grounds. BO on the other hand had less shenanigans, but it was just technically inferior in multiple ways.

MW3 just took MW2, crumpled it, sprinkled on some bits of Black Ops, then fried it all together and released it before it was even done.

I really want to be optimistic about BO2. And I am, but cautiously, just as you are. I put full faith into Treyarch to make BO the game that completely rewrites what CoD is, and to be the straight up better game. I realized within half of the year that it wasn't as good. But hey, that's better than MW3, where I realized it wasn't good within a month.

I'll agree with MW2 being the best. When you find a game without the shenanigans it is a blast. Once you learn how to fight them, you can beat them easily at least. They are just annoying.

MW3 I don't have a better word than 'garbage'. The lag comp ruined the game for me, I might have dealt with the other problems in the game if not for lag comp. I won't buy the next IW game at launch, they don't support the games they make very well. That is assuming BO2 is worth it.
#17cwatz12Posted 11/9/2012 3:16:30 PM
BrownPack posted...
cwatz12 posted...
I think there is a decent amount of excitement for the game, but not an overwhelming amount.

I think BO2 will be received well, but not godly. The series is getting a bit old to some people, and its hard for anything to compare with those first games that you were introduced to. That said everything in the game looks sound and it wont have any of the glaring flaws that mw2 and mw3 had.

I think some huge black ops fans will be turned off by the extremely small maps (self included), but the same great gameplay will concern. As long as the net code is sound (which I recognize some had from Bo1) then all will be good.

To some extent, a lot of the complaints were about getting shot around corners and stuff. That happens in pretty much any fps because while you were around the corner, you werent on their screen when you were killed.

It was a bit off for sure. Im certainly not saying it was perfect or the best. I however still found the game perfectly playable.

I just think BO had such a superior game design (map, pacing, gameplay, gunplay ext.) that its slightly worse netcode wasn't overly gamebreaking to me.

Compare that to mw3 which I was actually incapable of playing due to its lag comp.
#18BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:01:51 AM
bump this again.
#19fdofhsaiuhshgiuPosted 11/11/2012 4:13:34 AM
I find it interesting that W@W was never mentioned despite the fact that it might have been the best one. (And weirdly enough was the only one I never even leveled up to the max level on. No prestige.)
---
PSN: fdofhsaiuhshgiu
''I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.''
#20BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:19:24 AM
fdofhsaiuhshgiu posted...
I find it interesting that W@W was never mentioned despite the fact that it might have been the best one. (And weirdly enough was the only one I never even leveled up to the max level on. No prestige.)

It was fun, really, but in all honesty, it doesn't even qualify for being the best one. It wasn't even the best at anything in my opinion.

Between Cod4 and Waw, Cod4 had the better weapon selection easily.

Maps are preference, but I hear more people referring to Cod4's maps as classic than I hear of Waw's.

Cod4 easily has better netcoding.