Is the OP Blackbird back in this one?

#21Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 8:10:14 AM
Faust_8 posted...
People act like there are absolutely no tactics you can use to survive a Blackbird.

The BB is my #3 streak in terms of usage (because for so long I ran UAV-CUAV-BB) and trust me, it doesn't win games by itself. There are lots of times I only get a few kills during it. There are lots of times when I die during it. And there are lots of times during an enemy BB that I survived without dying once.

Jammer, CUAV, camp with your team indoors.

I used it because it wouldn't get shot down or nullified by Ghost Pro, not because it was the most insane killstreak. And because it's not a "selfish" killstreak.

It's not broken by itself. It's when you're playing with a cordinating team that it's broken. When you string several of them together, it's a massive advantage.

You're not going to capture or hold domination points when constant BB's are going up along with those BB's providing easy attaintable dogs and choppers

Treyarch was right to make BB's take more points to earn. My team and I really took advantage of that broken ass killstreak
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#22AlexanaxelaPosted 11/9/2012 8:12:09 AM
I jus put down a jammer and me and my not dumb teammates would hang out around it for 30 seconds
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#23Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 8:30:29 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
I jus put down a jammer and me and my not dumb teammates would hang out around it for 30 seconds

Cool, while you and your teammates do that you're losing in every objective game mode then, right?
---
#24fatclemenzaPosted 11/9/2012 9:03:20 AM
So, what's the cutoff fatclemenza? What is the highest killstreak you let other players get before you shut them down every time time? You only let players get Blackbirds 10 times or less...those were an 8 streak? What about 7? 6? 5? Could people even earn UAVs against you?

Unfortunately, CoD Elite doesn't show how many times a streak has been called against you. What it did say was that I've been killed by the Chopper Gunner 13 times, by the Gunship 2 times and by Dogs 4 times. I don't let the other team put up high streaks.

You could also use Decoy grenades to fight against the Blackbird. The decoys display as directional arrows when a Blackbird is up.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#25darkshadowmasterPosted 11/9/2012 9:04:42 AM(edited)
^

They bringing those back? (decoy grenades)
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#26fatclemenzaPosted 11/9/2012 9:07:21 AM
^

They bringing those back? (decoy grenades)

Not to my knowledge. The focus of the discussion here seems to be about Black Ops where Blackbirds were apparently so common, so that's what I was referring to. I don't think you'll see many VSATs at all now that the requirement is even higher.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#27zeroshadow7Posted 11/9/2012 9:10:26 AM
Simple solution, save one CUAV and use your other score streaks when it does come up you activate it. Many people just spam out the CUAV as soon as they get it without using it strategically.
#28deoxxysPosted 11/9/2012 9:14:11 AM
LOL SERIOUSLY LOL WHUT THE ****?

If anything Blackbird made black ops 1 better, because it hard countered the cancer that was ghost
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#29Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 9:15:06 AM
Ghost was mainly a plight to TDM
---
#30lolcharizardPosted 11/9/2012 9:22:10 AM
Ghost was only bad in TDM. Flack Jacket+Tacmask combo was just as good if not better in objective game modes, and the RC-XD helped keep ghost from being OP in SnD.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.