Is the OP Blackbird back in this one?

#31DeadSPosted 11/9/2012 10:31:01 AM
fatclemenza posted...
billnye69 posted...
fatclemenza posted...
My advice to you: Don't be bad and give up 8 kill streaks.

Such a stupid statement. How the hell is he suppose to control the skill level of randoms?

Hunt down the guy on the streak and kill him? If people are putting up blackbirds against you with any consistency, you're doing something wrong. It didn't happen to me in Blops any more than 10 times, probably less. That's across about 18 days of game time.

SnD player? Would make sense in that game mode along with the other numbers you posted further down where people don't typically achieve those killstreaks.

18 hours of playtime in Dom/TDM etc where its hard to control everyone on the opposing team the entire time you would have seen more than 10 blackbirds called against from just care package drops alone.

For comparison I have died <40 times to Chopper Gunner <20 to dogs and <10 to gunships in 14 days playtime and have seen at -least- 200 blackbirds called in by the opposing team. Its far more common than those killsteaks because people often use it as thier 3rd KS but I also played the game modes where if people are bads on your team they can feed the opponents KS. (yay ppl on my team going 2-30 etc)
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#32fatclemenzaPosted 11/9/2012 10:37:02 AM
Almost pure TDM, and almost always by myself. The gimps in that mode struggle to get 8 kill in general, let alone in a row. Point being, the exceptions were easy to hunt down and stop before they got an 8 kill streak
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#33The Supreme JackerPosted 11/9/2012 10:39:28 AM
DeadS posted...

SnD player? Would make sense in that game mode along with the other numbers you posted further down where people don't typically achieve those killstreaks.

18 hours of playtime in Dom/TDM etc where its hard to control everyone on the opposing team the entire time you would have seen more than 10 blackbirds called against from just care package drops alone.

For comparison I have died <40 times to Chopper Gunner <20 to dogs and <10 to gunships in 14 days playtime and have seen at -least- 200 blackbirds called in by the opposing team. Its far more common than those killsteaks because people often use it as thier 3rd KS but I also played the game modes where if people are bads on your team they can feed the opponents KS. (yay ppl on my team going 2-30 etc)

This. I don't care how good you think you are care packages alone would account for more than 10 blackbirds
---
The Fundamental Gamer Law: If they are worse than you they are n00bs, and if they are better than you they have no life.
#34fatclemenzaPosted 11/9/2012 10:44:37 AM
This. I don't care how good you think you are care packages alone would account for more than 10 blackbirds

Before they changed that re-roll nonsense, I would agree. 10 might have been a little low lol. I did a quick search through my head to recall how many times I heard "enemy SR71 in the air" and how many times I said to myself "what the mother **** are my vegetable teammates doing to give this gimp a blackbird?"

The resulting conclusion was that I didn't see it as a problem worth complaining about. As another poster said, the Blackbird made the game actually tolerable for me.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#35ZeroShot101Posted 11/9/2012 10:45:47 AM
VSAT>Warthog>K-9 unit or V-TOL
#36AlexanaxelaPosted 11/9/2012 10:56:47 AM
no? And if you were the with RANDOMS and the other is a party you're going to lose either way
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#37dedbusPosted 11/9/2012 11:01:47 AM
Just keep moving. Blackbird pops up and causes the pups to chase the closest rabbit to them spreading them out. Guess what you are not getting ganged up on in a COD game unless you're camping.

When one pops up on me I either have a counter UAV stocked because I just don't throw out killstreaks unless I'm ready to work on my next cycle. (P.S. People aren't shooting these down...COD game for crying out loud. I know you and me are shooting them down all the time but not many else.) Or if I don't have my CUAV ready I just keep moving to engage one on one.

Does it happen every once in a while that a smart team or just by chance guy happen to flank me good? Sure but thats the nature of the game without blackbirds as well. It actually solves alot of my problems by pulling people out of their camping spots and away from the meat grinder so I can get work done.
#38AlexanaxelaPosted 11/9/2012 11:02:26 AM
that was in response to post 23 >_> btw
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#39Gray_wolf1119Posted 11/9/2012 11:02:44 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Faust_8 posted...
People act like there are absolutely no tactics you can use to survive a Blackbird.

The BB is my #3 streak in terms of usage (because for so long I ran UAV-CUAV-BB) and trust me, it doesn't win games by itself. There are lots of times I only get a few kills during it. There are lots of times when I die during it. And there are lots of times during an enemy BB that I survived without dying once.

Jammer, CUAV, camp with your team indoors.

I used it because it wouldn't get shot down or nullified by Ghost Pro, not because it was the most insane killstreak. And because it's not a "selfish" killstreak.

It's not broken by itself. It's when you're playing with a cordinating team that it's broken. When you string several of them together, it's a massive advantage.

You're not going to capture or hold domination points when constant BB's are going up along with those BB's providing easy attaintable dogs and choppers

Treyarch was right to make BB's take more points to earn. My team and I really took advantage of that broken ass killstreak

....really? Now we're blaming teamwork and coordination?
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#40Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 11:06:58 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Faust_8 posted...
People act like there are absolutely no tactics you can use to survive a Blackbird.

The BB is my #3 streak in terms of usage (because for so long I ran UAV-CUAV-BB) and trust me, it doesn't win games by itself. There are lots of times I only get a few kills during it. There are lots of times when I die during it. And there are lots of times during an enemy BB that I survived without dying once.

Jammer, CUAV, camp with your team indoors.

I used it because it wouldn't get shot down or nullified by Ghost Pro, not because it was the most insane killstreak. And because it's not a "selfish" killstreak.

It's not broken by itself. It's when you're playing with a cordinating team that it's broken. When you string several of them together, it's a massive advantage.

You're not going to capture or hold domination points when constant BB's are going up along with those BB's providing easy attaintable dogs and choppers

Treyarch was right to make BB's take more points to earn. My team and I really took advantage of that broken ass killstreak

....really? Now we're blaming teamwork and coordination?

Do you realize how broken a blackbird is when everyone is running it? I'm not blaming teamwork and cordination, I'm saying the blackbird makes it that much more amplified. People are kidding themselves saying a CUAV or camping is going to work. It doesn't.
---
GT: Arcade Fire87