Is the OP Blackbird back in this one?

#41WM_PMCPosted 11/9/2012 10:16:06 AM
Pretty much any killstreak is broken when an entire team is running it.
---
PSN: WingNut125
http://w11.zetaboards.com/KillinginProgress/site/
#42Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/9/2012 10:18:39 AM
WM_PMC posted...

Except Blackbird shows where everyone is

CUAV's will be shot down in any somewhat cordinated team

Blackbird leads to other huge, gamechangers

Blackbirds lead to more blackbirds
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#43seoulspiritPosted 11/9/2012 10:20:05 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
WM_PMC posted...

Except Blackbird shows where everyone is

CUAV's will be shot down in any somewhat cordinated team

Blackbird leads to other huge, gamechangers

Blackbirds lead to more blackbirds

http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/heard-you-like-dreams-e1280242797220.png
---
Youtube:SeoulTeamworkGaming | PSN: Seoul_Teamwork
http://www.youtube.com/user/SeoulTeamworkGaming?feature=mhee
#44EtherstreamPosted 11/9/2012 10:20:17 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Almost pure TDM, and almost always by myself. The gimps in that mode struggle to get 8 kill in general, let alone in a row. Point being, the exceptions were easy to hunt down and stop before they got an 8 kill streak

I see, I can believe your deaths to the large 3 KS's since mine is similar (near 90% of my deaths to those KS were during double XP nuketown weekend so if I never took part in those all of mine would possibly be <10 also) but 10 blackbirds just doesn't make any sense with how common they were, and how often other people on your team sucked in TDM.

I have a 5.7 game win ratio and I don't rage out of lobbies/quit etc so I'd like to assume (well I play with 1 friend) that we are stopping most of the high KS's before they reach that point but with randoms its just impossible sometimes and I know blackbirds showed up against us every 3 games probably or enough to warrant using decoy's instead of flashes since we both use rush/flanking set ups.

I agree that blackbirds aren't as annoying as people seem to believe (cuz 99% of them don't have any class at all with decoys probably) but it was called in a lot for how many kills it took to reach it. I used Hacker sometimes even after they fixed the Package glitch and was able to get 1 Blackbird about every 10 games or so. (probably average 2, maybe 3 packages a game so 1/50 rate or so)

I am sort of thinking that it didn't bother you much so you maybe just ignored when it was called in and didn't care.
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#45smolo82Posted 11/9/2012 10:29:59 AM
Just because someone knows where I am doesn't mean I am at a complete disadvantage. Good Players know how to use a disadvantage to their advantage. Don't be a noob.
---
Xbox GT - Smolo THE KloWn
17 Ex-Boxes and Counting. All from System Failure.
#46KarnRX78Posted 11/9/2012 10:30:26 AM
I would have liked to see blackbird in BO1 to be a 10 or 11 streak. That being said it isn't OP, it is just the strongest KS imo. If you are playing with randoms and a party comes into the lobby, you're probably going to get stomped. BO was the first CoD where I'd back out of a lobby if a full party came in and I was playing alone. I can hold my own, but most randoms are just bad. Once they start feeding kills to a full party it is hard to come back.

In a random vs random situation, most players won't get a blackbird. Also since you know that your enemy knows where you are. You can use that to your advantage, its not easy but you can.
#47Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:39:41 AM
1) It was very easy to chain Blackbirds in BO1

2) If someone called a CUAV while I had a Blackbird up, I would just shoot it down within 5 seconds.

Are people trying to say BB wasn't OP in BO1?
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#48Darkflare_EXPosted 11/9/2012 10:39:54 AM
I think TC must have been part of that team I faced about a month or 2 ago who had to deal with 3 Blackbirds from 3 different guys one after another.
I'm going to be running the Orbital VSAT in BO2 as well. The higher requirement might be mitigated by the thousand ways you get score in that.
---
You cannot select this due to restrictions on connection quality
Not changing sig until I feel like it. (Started: who cares?)
#49KarnRX78Posted 11/9/2012 10:47:22 AM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
1) It was very easy to chain Blackbirds in BO1

2) If someone called a CUAV while I had a Blackbird up, I would just shoot it down within 5 seconds.

Are people trying to say BB wasn't OP in BO1?

It isn't OP, it just happens to be the strongest KS in BO. Unless you're facing a full party alone you won't have problems with blackbirds. Unless you happen to be the worst player ever, I'm starting to think you are. The VSAT is 1200 points I believe, so it isn't that low.

If your team is feeding that many kills to the enemy, you deserve to get destroyed. Get better, stop complaining.
#50Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:02:04 AM
Not OP?
- As you said, strongest KS (requires half as many kills as final KSs
- Cannot be shot down
- Only KS that is able to chain another one
- Reveals enemy location and position

Does any other KS in the entire game of BO1 have one or a mixture of these?

And I love the final comment there. If my team is feeding that many kills to the enemy, I am the one that needs to get better. Lol
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193