Is the OP Blackbird back in this one?

#61AyrshorePosted 11/9/2012 3:30:57 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
But the VSAT is much harder to get than the Blackbird was in MW2.

Much harder than impossible? That's going to be torture! :P

I know you mean Black Ops of course...
#62darkshadowmasterPosted 11/9/2012 3:53:37 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
???

So now in BO2, you can be unaffected by a CUAV by using a perk? What's to stop somebody from combining that perk with VSAT and have 100% uptime of VSAT?

If I am understanding it correctly even if you are "Hardwired" and are unaffected by the CUAV you still do NOT get the feed from the VSAT until it's gone. It's just you still get to see the minimap and the red dots when people fire.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#63Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:13:41 PM
So then which is it?

The perk makes you immune to CUAV and still have live feed of enemies when you have a VSAT up even if the enemy has a CUAV up

OR

The perk makes you immune to CUAV and your radar goes back to "normal" if you have a VSAT up if the enemy has a CUAV up
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#64DiminisherPosted 11/9/2012 4:32:20 PM
Kinda sad people think BB is OP. Have you ever played against a decent clan or full team with mics? If they call out your positions well its like a perpetual BB.

BBs actually get me kills cause immediately people begin doing stupid stuff cause they can see everyone. You probably do it to. Chasing down certain arrows cause they aren't facing you. Just watch you back.
#65zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/9/2012 4:39:55 PM(edited)
Kinda sad people think BB is OP. Have you ever played against a decent clan or full team with mics? If they call out your positions well its like a perpetual BB.

BBs actually get me kills cause immediately people begin doing stupid stuff cause they can see everyone. You probably do it to. Chasing down certain arrows cause they aren't facing you. Just watch you back.

No, it's kind of sad that people don't think the BB is OP. The greatest advantage you can have in a CoD game (disregarding personal skill) is not a headset or a modded controller: It's knowledge/awareness. That's why people like R0naldinho1224 and professional players are so successful in any situation: they are aware of everything going on around them in-game. A blackbird is, by nature, like a synthetic extension of the players' awareness. It literally gives every player on the enemy team the location and direction of movement of a team's members. The only way you could ask for more would be knowing their class and whether they're wearing a headset (and might hear you coming)
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#66KarnRX78Posted 11/9/2012 5:05:53 PM
Something is OP when YOU must use it to win. You DON'T NEED the blackbird to win. The person with the blackbird isn't guaranteed to win.

You can't expect to rush around the map when the enemy has a blackbird up. You have to be cautious and let them come to you. Just because they know where you are doesn't mean they will kill you. After all you know they know where you are, by using the mini map you can guess where they are too. If you stand in the middle of the map and out in the open you're dumb. If you use the map correctly you can limit your openings while moving.

Yeah it might take 5 seconds to shoot down a CUAV, but that is still 5 seconds you are doing that. There are counters to the blackbird, it doesn't guarantee anything. It isn't OP, just the best KS in BO.
#67lolcharizardPosted 11/9/2012 5:38:55 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

No, it's kind of sad that people don't think the BB is OP. The greatest advantage you can have in a CoD game (disregarding personal skill) is not a headset or a modded controller: It's knowledge/awareness. That's why people like R0naldinho1224 and professional players are so successful in any situation: they are aware of everything going on around them in-game. A blackbird is, by nature, like a synthetic extension of the players' awareness. It literally gives every player on the enemy team the location and direction of movement of a team's members. The only way you could ask for more would be knowing their class and whether they're wearing a headset (and might hear you coming)

I disagree on the headset. MW3 sitrep pro was pretty much a permanent blackbird.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#68nardhardyPosted 11/9/2012 6:16:52 PM
op nah. op 4 campers yes. its so funny when you get a bb and those corner monglers start to pace back n forth b/c they scared they are gonna die 1 off their uav or RCXD...it puts a smile on my face when i can see all the little ghost campers on the mini map
#69tformers_gamerPosted 11/9/2012 6:28:12 PM
there is some valid arguments here, but I have to agree with the guy saying this gives too much information. im not saying im a good player, but if I earn a blackbird and im partied with just even one more decent player, its a win for us. just a party of against a complete team of randoms is over kill alone in a cod game depending on your skill, but with a blackbird, damn... I have seen tons of games where as soon as one person gets a blackbird, his teammates and himself will carry on the match no problem.

MW3 for example, if a UAV is up and no one is using assassin, that intel alone is extremely helpful, now with a blackbird/VSAT, no sweeps AND arrows showing their exact positioning is a HUGE benefit.

just my opinion here, but the VSAT and ghost perk shouldnt have been in black ops 2, they should just have EVERYONE show up on radar when a UAV is up BUT!!! increase the time between sweeps, this way, a player that keeps moving is less likely to get caught by a UAV alone because that red dot that could be you on an enemy's radar, is less likely to actually be you because you moved from the last red dot on the previous radar sweep.
#70Billy-De-KidPosted 11/9/2012 6:53:51 PM
Counter Spy Plane is a clear way to defeat a black bird. Even if it can get shot down, BB doesn't last to long.
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.