why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#101GevousPosted 11/10/2012 9:38:02 PM
Going back to CoD4 now is pretty bad, tbh. It was GREAT for it's time, but now it's just getting dated.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#102sirwilliam0101Posted 11/10/2012 9:42:40 PM
SteveBob posted...
Oh and COD4's headshot sound was easily the best too. Amazing.

indeed. PING. Oh, and the R700 was a SEXY gun. outclassed by the m40 in many, many ways, but a full skinned weapon? Nom, nom, nom
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Wudien/stats/356609841/
#103RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/10/2012 9:44:19 PM
sirwilliam0101 posted...
SteveBob posted...
Oh and COD4's headshot sound was easily the best too. Amazing.

indeed. PING. Oh, and the R700 was a SEXY gun. outclassed by the m40 in many, many ways, but a full skinned weapon? Nom, nom, nom

Agreed. The camos on that gun looked better than any other gun since IMO.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#104Tizye96Posted 11/10/2012 9:52:16 PM
It was because it was simple.

Once they started adding a bunch of new features, it became ridiculous and unbalanced. COD4 was just good old simple fun, same reason so many people like Counter Strike and Halo, There isn't as much going on, so it's a much pure-er experience. More focus on gun-on-gun, more skill based... and at least for me more rewarding to play.
---
Just call me Mister T. Everyone does.
Also, I enjoy being funny on YouTube! Watch if you want. http://www.youtube.com/user/KingTizye96
#105Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 11/10/2012 10:20:47 PM(edited)
Like many others have said...

-More emphasis on gunplay
-The maps, the maps, the maps, the maps, THE MAPS.

I miss backlot, crossfire, crash, district, bloc (perfect map for a ghost playstyle), overgrown, and strike soo much...best maps in the CoD series by far.
#106DotHack90Posted 11/10/2012 10:33:53 PM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...

I miss backlot, crossfire, crash, district, bloc (perfect map for a ghost playstyle), overgrown, and strike soo much...best maps in the CoD series by far.

So many free headshots on people staring out the balconies.
---
GT - Got Red 0n You
"Wars are to be won with swords and spears, not with rice and salt" Uesugi Kenshin
#107MathusRaynPosted 11/10/2012 10:50:26 PM
Its simplicity made dying from random bs less frequent. Pretty much if you died it was from random grenades or because the other person was better than you. The later CoDs added more features which allowed for more randomness.
---
How I picture most of you:
http://imgur.com/V1qpP
#108bagmupPosted 11/10/2012 10:51:58 PM
MathusRayn posted...
Its simplicity made dying from random bs less frequent. Pretty much if you died it was from random grenades or because the other person was better than you. The later CoDs added more features which allowed for more randomness.

Like the tomahawk/throwing knife kills from spawn BS.
---
GT : YourOwnInsanity.
PSN : Bagmup
#109SpydogKPosted 11/10/2012 11:07:16 PM(edited)
Simple answer to the OP: It's not by most of the hardcore fans who played all the CODs before 4.

COD 2 is far and away the best of the console series. The reason COD 4 gets such praise is because it was easy to play, had an awesome feature set in multiplayer, and was the first COD to be set in modern times.

Looking back, it was an awesome experience, but it has been way overhyped by most who never even played CODs 1-3.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#110Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 11/10/2012 11:20:35 PM
DotHack90 posted...
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...

So many free headshots on people staring out the balconies.

I always remember that room with the burned floor and fire that leads to the second level of one of the buildings. It was so dark and i was always paranoid when walking in there. It always felt like someone was following me or waiting for me in the left hand corner to knife me.

So far for BO2 plaza and Hijacked are the only maps that look somewhat appealing to me...oh and nuke town 2025 but thats a BO1 map.