why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#21BlaeuPosted 11/10/2012 8:04:16 AM
CoD4 gets praise for the same reason Final Fantasy VII gets it. It was people's first experience with a great game. Both games are very solid, but neither deserve the blind praise they get, and neither aged well.

In general, CoD had good maps, a static three kill streaks, and decent gun balance. That said, people forget about the constant Martyrdom (as it was just a standard perk), Frags x3, and to a lesser extent, Juggernaut.

To this day I still feel that MW2 had the best gun balance, it just screwed up on the massive kill streak list, explosives, and OMA.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#22LuneyToonzPosted 11/10/2012 8:05:11 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
nostalgia.

Only correct answer.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/m82ux5.jpg <--- hehehe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSlowMotion91 <-- Check it! All free, all fun.
#23lolcharizardPosted 11/10/2012 8:05:23 AM
It had 50,000 people that used to live there.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#24JTC87Posted 11/10/2012 8:06:01 AM
Martyrdom
#25Saizen13Posted 11/10/2012 8:08:11 AM
There are numerous reasons people like cod 4 over other cods. The first is because the hit detection was amazing. It's the same reason some feel MW2 was the best. Solid hit detection makes for a much better gaming experience. The maps were solid, as were the weapons. Camos looks nice and took a bit to get. Gold actually looks decent for a change. The campaign was actually good. It was simplistic yet not overly complicated killstreak / perk wise. That's one reason I've always loved it. Cod was better when things were simple and hit detection was actually good. There wasn't the same type of lag comp we know and hate today.
---
http://www.youtube.com/Saizen13
#26Lennox_GOATPosted 11/10/2012 8:10:45 AM
Blaeu posted...
CoD4 gets praise for the same reason Final Fantasy VII gets it. It was people's first experience with a great game. Both games are very solid, but neither deserve the blind praise they get, and neither aged well.

In general, CoD had good maps, a static three kill streaks, and decent gun balance. That said, people forget about the constant Martyrdom (as it was just a standard perk), Frags x3, and to a lesser extent, Juggernaut.

To this day I still feel that MW2 had the best gun balance, it just screwed up on the massive kill streak list, explosives, and OMA.

To say COD 4 hasn't aged well is ridiculous. COD is a basic framework that ages well regardless.

Martyrdom...completely agree...very lame.

Grenades...completely agree...too many, but something you can adjust to.

Complaining about jugg is nonsense. If you were a defensive or sniper, sp was perfect for you. If you run and gun, jugg was perfect. If you wanted to be a ninja, uav jammer was perfect. SP and Jugg were balanced...a simple tradeoff.
#27Krazoa2Posted 11/10/2012 8:16:38 AM
JTC87 posted...
Martyrdom

You mean derps sprinting into the bodies of the people they just killed instead of realizing they could have Martyrdom and going another route?
#28fatclemenzaPosted 11/10/2012 8:18:14 AM

I still play CoD4 to this day. I'll take its simplicity compared to the newer titles with glitter sprinkled over the ****

I really hope you didn't just cite Jugg as a problem when it was the opposite of SP...

Agreed with this part
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#29SoaD0031Posted 11/10/2012 8:18:39 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
JTC87 posted...
Martyrdom

You mean derps sprinting into the bodies of the people they just killed instead of realizing they could have Martyrdom and going another route?

Please don't try and turn this into a skill thing. Martyrdom was the absolute worst thing in that game.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#30Krazoa2Posted 11/10/2012 8:19:40 AM
SoaD0031 posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
JTC87 posted...
Martyrdom

Please don't try and turn this into a skill thing. Martyrdom was the absolute worst thing in that game.

Skill? I...thought that was common sense for someone who's played the game longer than 1 hour...