why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#31SoaD0031Posted 11/10/2012 9:23:40 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
SoaD0031 posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
JTC87 posted...
Martyrdom

You mean derps sprinting into the bodies of the people they just killed instead of realizing they could have Martyrdom and going another route?

Please don't try and turn this into a skill thing. Martyrdom was the absolute worst thing in that game.

Skill? I...thought that was common sense for someone who's played the game longer than 1 hour...

How about when you are in a small room and kill someone who has martyrdom on. You can either die from the grenade or get killed by someone as soon as you walk out into the open. There are countless other scenarios where you could not avoid it. Martyrdom was a terrible perk and a majority of the community and developers agreed with that which is why they removed it from perks in every other COD.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#32RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/10/2012 9:25:16 AM
lolcharizard posted...
It had 50,000 people that used to live there.

This is the correct #1 reason but there are many.
Price & MacMillian & Soap all in a single game
Hit detection
Overall weapon balance
Overall map quality & variety
Meaningful yet not dominating kill streaks
The fact that the sky can't be loaded with KS rewards is a bonus also IMO
It was innovative
It had notably fewer issues than following installments.

-The people who complained about x3 Frags probably only really remember Wetwork where it was an issue.
-Martyrdom not a problem unless you were horrible. Random death! QQ Happens still.
-Juggernaut was balanced against SP and Sonic Boom despite all the butt hurt crying.
-The game is still playable if you can get a lobby without hackers and it's great fun.
-I think many people don't like it because it was sniper friendly
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#33RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/10/2012 9:31:58 AM
fatclemenza posted...
CoD4 gets praise for the same reason Final Fantasy VII gets it. It was people's first experience with a great game. Both games are very solid, but neither deserve the blind praise they get, and neither aged well.

I still play CoD4 to this day. I'll take its simplicity compared to the newer titles with glitter sprinkled over the ****

In general, CoD had good maps, a static three kill streaks, and decent gun balance. That said, people forget about the constant Martyrdom (as it was just a standard perk), Frags x3, and to a lesser extent, Juggernaut.

I really hope you didn't just cite Jugg as a problem when it was the opposite of SP...

To this day I still feel that MW2 had the best gun balance, it just screwed up on the massive kill streak list, explosives, and OMA.

Agreed with this part

I always warn people about this but if you keep talking all rational like you may end up on my friends list here.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#34Krazoa2Posted 11/10/2012 9:34:21 AM
SoaD0031 posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
SoaD0031 posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
JTC87 posted...
Martyrdom

You mean derps sprinting into the bodies of the people they just killed instead of realizing they could have Martyrdom and going another route?

Please don't try and turn this into a skill thing. Martyrdom was the absolute worst thing in that game.

Skill? I...thought that was common sense for someone who's played the game longer than 1 hour...

How about when you are in a small room and kill someone who has martyrdom on. You can either die from the grenade or get killed by someone as soon as you walk out into the open. There are countless other scenarios where you could not avoid it. Martyrdom was a terrible perk and a majority of the community and developers agreed with that which is why they removed it from perks in every other COD.

Or lik, wen u hid behid covur n enemi had dep impct n u thot u wuz saf but den u die cuz he had dep impct. supr cheep purk.

Stop it.
#35JBaLLEN66Posted 11/10/2012 9:41:03 AM
It was fun and simple, and the gameplay wasn't influenced from whiny little kids that complained about dumb **** when in reality they were just bad at the game
---
Him being greedy is a good thing. That means he'll want to spend less and help us get out of this debt. Gamefreak36
#36RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/10/2012 9:42:33 AM
Krazoa2 posted...

Or lik, wen u hid behid covur n enemi had dep impct n u thot u wuz saf but den u die cuz he had dep impct. supr cheep purk.

Stop it.

You are a good person.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
#37drill beesPosted 11/10/2012 9:44:53 AM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
^ That looks like Hanoi from Black Ops............... -_-

Crossfire is Z shaped. Hanoi is like a square
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#38DutchZombiePosted 11/10/2012 9:50:02 AM
JBaLLEN66 posted...
It was fun and simple, and the gameplay wasn't influenced from whiny little kids that complained about dumb **** when in reality they were just bad at the game

^That. It's one of the things I liked about the old IW. They made the game they thought was best and not a community of whiny tweens. The balance of the series has suffered ever since Activision started listening to its fan base.
#39Akiba69Posted 11/10/2012 10:00:19 AM
Id say that the reason is partly because it was fresh, but i definitely think it had the best maps of the series still to this day. I can't think of a single map i disliked in CoD 4.
---
Want a BF3 Premium code? PM me.
#40PathlessBulletPosted 11/10/2012 10:03:57 AM
Lennox_GOAT posted...
I am an elite COD player who still plays COD 4.

My favorite part of the game (and of COD 5) is that it gives the player one huge choice: Jugg, SP, or Camo.

There is a gameplay tradeoff immediately depending on which one of the 3 you pick.

Well you had to pick stopping power or you'd be at a disadvantage... so.....
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."