why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#41CarpeDeumpPosted 11/10/2012 10:09:35 AM
Hit Detection
Maps
Nuff Said.
#42DutchZombiePosted 11/10/2012 10:12:23 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
Lennox_GOAT posted...
I am an elite COD player who still plays COD 4.

My favorite part of the game (and of COD 5) is that it gives the player one huge choice: Jugg, SP, or Camo.

There is a gameplay tradeoff immediately depending on which one of the 3 you pick.

Well you had to pick stopping power or you'd be at a disadvantage... so.....

1) You didn't have to

2) Using UAV jammer wasn't a disadvantage, it was a trade off. That's a big difference. People that say picking SP was a must are either not very creative with different play styles or have terrible aim.
#43qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 11/10/2012 10:21:50 AM
Because people all say that the first game in a series is the best no matter what and it's ridiculous (yeah, I know COD4 isn't the first game in the series, but it was the first "modern" one - how close COD4 is to previous CODs compared to how close it is to WAW-MW3 is so big it's surprising that the second and third are even on the same system as the rest.)

The maps were in no way better than MW2's, they're arguably worse than WaW's. And people say that they like the simplicity, but if you really think about it, all of the crap in the newer games gives you days more of playing time.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#44PathlessBulletPosted 11/10/2012 10:31:51 AM
DutchZombie posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Lennox_GOAT posted...
I am an elite COD player who still plays COD 4.

My favorite part of the game (and of COD 5) is that it gives the player one huge choice: Jugg, SP, or Camo.

There is a gameplay tradeoff immediately depending on which one of the 3 you pick.

Well you had to pick stopping power or you'd be at a disadvantage... so.....

1) You didn't have to

2) Using UAV jammer wasn't a disadvantage, it was a trade off. That's a big difference. People that say picking SP was a must are either not very creative with different play styles or have terrible aim.

Yeah... um.... nope.

UAV jammer was a disadvantage. Stopping Power was essential for you to compete competitively with other SP users.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#45XT3M3Posted 11/10/2012 10:48:02 AM
matrydom was a problem?

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2369/rakanlol.gif

suck less <_<
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
"Please do it so we can go a whole game without you posting." Flocka_Masta_P on me buying NYY tickets.
#46sithgod513Posted 11/10/2012 10:51:51 AM
Erupt50 posted...
It focused on actual gunplay instead of a killstreak fest. Without all the killstreaks you have fewer of the killstreak campers which CoD is infested with nowadays.

this^ some of the best gaming moments ive ever had in my life was on cod4 with my friends, the game wasnt all about killstreaks, it was about the core game, and it will never be the same again, not hating on this game or anything I cant wait to play it, but cod4 was great.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#47nster81Posted 11/10/2012 10:56:58 AM
It had it's quirks like martyrdom and 3 frag, but it's simplicity lends to it's high replayability.
---
http://spy81.blogspot.com/
GT: spy81
#48Skeletal_KingPosted 11/10/2012 11:16:07 AM(edited)
PDXRoverMech posted...
because QSing wasnt a big problem..

Oh! I get it. A joke. Cute! /sarcasm

Quckscoping was just as big of a problem in COD4 as it was in MW2. The thing that made it bareable was the fact that Juggernaut existed.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#49Heroicmedic92Posted 11/10/2012 11:18:28 AM
QuBix posted...
It's the best because it wasn't kill streaks focused

LOL yes it was

If you are going to defend a game at least do it right.
#50Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 11:45:36 AM
Heroicmedic92 posted...
QuBix posted...
It's the best because it wasn't kill streaks focused

LOL yes it was

If you are going to defend a game at least do it right.

No, no it really wasn't

Air strikes would barely kill anyone if the enemy team was semi competent, same thing with the chopper as there would be someone who would've shot it down within the first 5 seconds because the choppers *le gasp* didn't get flares that let it stay in the air for 30 seconds

Also after 7 kills (IF you got lucky) it was all about gun game after
---
*grabs popcorn*